It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are bad dreams evil spirits or the negative energy in our mind?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I have this person in my class that says that bad dreams are just ghosts and evil spirits/satan. But I say it's just the effect of stress or your mind telling you something (negative energy). What do you think?

(Mod edit- Please do not over use the smileys, )

[edit on 1-12-2006 by asala]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I would have to agree that bad dreams are simply your mind. I do believe that dreams can be interpreted, often into the things that you are currently experiencing.

I also believe that evil spirits can attak the mind and influence the mind. I don't believe in ghost, but I believe Satan and evil spirits are very real and can influence a person, possibly in their dreams. Even if this is true I'm sure it's not an often occurence.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The human body is made up by chemistry. What goes on in your mind is nothing but chemical processes. Bad thoughts, bad dreams are merely bad chemistry, i.e. psychological or physical, stress and/or bad food/enviroment are liabel to create output conflicts in the chemical process.

That said, the fundamental question as to why chemestry can create conciousness still remains to be fully understood. Until then, all kinds of superstitious beliefs as well as the hegamony of religion will be around.

But I do believe there is something beyond science in the existence of humans. It might very well include phenomenon reffered to as spirits and ghosts.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
khunmoon, do you believe that spirits or ghost can play a role in influencing the human mind?

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
i think most bad dreams are just that, a bad dream
but some may be the result of negative beings/entities
most like the negative alien beings (known as greys, or zeta's) will manipulate what your seeing in your dreams and keep you asleep so they are able to carry out tests without you knowing. But, they usually encounter problems and people tend to wake up (either because you have high self-awareness or because they've poked you by accident), in which case they will try to wipe it from your memory.
There's also the lower astral entities which try to induce nightmares so they can feed off your fear. its like a strong energy vibe that they can feed off to make them stronger.
I've become so used to encountering negative beings/entities that it doesn't even scare me anymore.

skip this if you want...
this dream i had last night i became lucid and was in a shopping mall that had no one in it, so i shouted out "i want to speak with my spirit guide" (as i often do when im lucid, they offer great insights), i walked a bit further and found an office full of people so i asked one of the people if i could speak with my spirit guide and a business woman said "i'll just take down some details first" she then touched me as if to guide me to a seat but when she touched me i felt a negative presence touching me. my first reflex/reaction to this was to strike my arm straight out in front of me and wound this dream character, as i did this I found myself in my room staring at a dark black humanoid creature that had both its hands on my shoulders, with this solid strike to its gut i could tell it was hurt, shocked and afraid. The creature let go and disappeared, then i realised i wasn't in my room, but a room that looked similar to mine, which meant i was actually still dreaming (this was a false awakening), then i woke up for real. if this happened to anyone else they would probably be scared #less and stay awake for the rest of the night, but since im used to this kind of stuff, i knew it wouldn't be coming back so i just went back to sleep

I would like to say the moral of the story is "dont let negativity get in your way" but its probably something more like "dont try to establish contact with the other side, and if you do, be ready to fight just in case"

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by thexsword
khunmoon, do you believe that spirits or ghost can play a role in influencing the human mind?

Yes I do, but the extent and character of the influence is solely up to the individual.

Ignorant and superstitious people are most easily influenced. Fear is the biggest opener. Awareness and integrity are guardians.

[edit on 1-12-2006 by khunmoon]

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I agree completely with you. If you are not strong and have a significant fear of entities then it will make you much more receptive.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
dreams tell you things, or make you go through things you need to go through.

a bad dream can heal yourself, like to overcome a fear or something.

I think.. to go through that fear, acknowledge what you are afraid of, being able to know where your fear comes from, then heal it, and to get rid of that fear. Fear is a lower form. Fear comes forth of things you don't understand. When understanding is found, fear leaves. Time to get fearless.. or to find understanding.

ah hell, I may be spilling nonsense... ridicule me!

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I don't think that I've had any bad dreams, attributed to outside entities. I've found that if I have a bad dream, it's due to stress in general, and/or going to bed with a stopped up nose. I always figured that bad dreams happen, when your blood oxygen level is lower than it should be.

Other than that, I do believe that, just like when a physical infection beats your immune system down, if your emotional/ppsychological system is weak enough, due to stress and bad things that are happening in your life, there could be something to the outside entity influence.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonoligist Zac

I have this person in my class that says that bad dreams are just ghosts and evil spirits/satan. But I say it's just the effect of stress or your mind telling you something (negative energy). What do you think?

(Mod edit- Please do not over use the smileys, )

[edit on 1-12-2006 by asala]

ugh.. people..

lets look at it this way..

did you see these spirits or satan putting anything in your head? .. where they laying hands on you? .. does it even sound like it could be true? .. hell no.

bad dreams arise from thoughts in your subconcious.. things that effect your behavior, and actions.. (part and parcel) ..

bad dreams are taken from concepts you have formed about certain things that NEEDED comparison or reference.. so your brain does that.. with the help of nn-'___'.. it will compare your current understanding of something with a past understanding/experience of similiar somethings..
Its VERY hard to explain without a chalk-board or something to give you diagrams ... words just don't carry enough weight.. I need to draw it..
[I'm working on it] .. I'll post my diagrams and theories sometime right before or right after christmas..
Its hard to explain anything in one thread here, and another thread there.. and trying to stay on topic.. even though everything is just one topic..

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Fear creates danger....

Courage dispels it.

FEAR vs. COURAGE

that is the source of your torment...take charge and think positive.

Negativity breeds negativity and vice versa.

THIS i truly know and have proven empirically.

Thoughts ARE things....

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonoligist Zac
ugh.. people..

lets look at it this way..

did you see these spirits or satan putting anything in your head? .. where they laying hands on you? .. does it even sound like it could be true?

yes, read my post.

top topics

join