It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minister in moon talks with Nasa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Being an English man as I am, I find this very interesting... Are we about to hear a definitive project schedule for the planned moon landings in 2020??

news.bbc.co.uk
Britain could become involved in Nasa plans to send astronauts back to the moon by 2020, science minister Malcolm Wicks has said.
He met Nasa chief Dr Michael Griffin at the Cabinet War Rooms to discuss the plans for future moon landings.

It could be the world's biggest science programme and UK businesses and scientists must benefit, said Mr Wicks.

Though this article doesn't go into much detail I can only hoppe NASA and UK scientist can communicate more efficiantly this time.

After all it was a miscommunication about distances that caused the total disaster that was the beagle one project.

Let's learn a lesson here and not make a repeated mistake.

All the best people,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 30-11-2006 by Neon Haze]

[edit on 30-11-2006 by UM_Gazz]

jra

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze
Though this article doesn't go into much detail I can only hoppe NASA and UK scientist can communicate more efficiantly this time.

After all it was a miscommunication about distances that caused the total disaster that was the beagle one project.

Let's learn a lesson here and not make a repeated mistake.

I believe you are thinking of the Mars Climate Orbiter in regards to the measurement mix up. This was an all NASA project though. And I don't think there was a Beagle 1 project (not that I can find anyway), but there was the Beagle 2 which was launched and hitched a ride with the ESA's Mars Express. The failure of the Beagle 2 was most likely mechanical in some way and nothing to do with a miscommunication about distances.

But regardless of all that, it would be nice to see more countries getting involved and working together for the future Moon landings.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Interesting because I always thought it was a misunderstanding that caused beagle to crash... UK was talking in miles and US talking in kilometres, neither side picked up on it until it was too late.

Thanks for correcting me on the beagle though, no wonder I couldn't find any info on it since I was searching Boolean "beagle one" hehehe

Yeah I agree, the more international collaboration the better.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

join