It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glowing blue eyes in the woods. Need info!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Ok, this has me stumped. Heres the story.

It first happens with my brother (19) and our friend (also 19). They are out in the evening, I guess around 10pm walking their dogs. Around our housing area that sits on top of a hill, theres a lot of woods. But they are out walking the dogs and stop at a fence right beside another house that boarders with the woods. Our friend Tom is the first to see it. (Before this incident, he didn't believe in anything paranormal.) He saw what appeared to be two extremely light blue glowing eyes. He points them out to my brother and he also sees these two eyes. But withing a few seconds, more and more blue eyes start to show up. The dogs didn't react to them. But none the less, they both were freaked out and ran home.

A couple of months later, my brother and our friend Tom comes running home and tell me they see the eyes again. (this time almost in front of our home in a small part of the woods that are connected to the other woods where they had seen them the first time.)

So I grab my shoes and throw on a jacket and we go out. My brother points in a direction, directly in between two large trees. After some focusing, I could see them as well. I wasn't exactly frightened, but I was alert. I could feel that whomever or whatever these eyes belonged to was intelligent. (The feeling you got when looking at them.)

I tell my brother to run inside the house and get a digital camera. We take like seven or eight pictures. We then return home (with the eyes still glaring at us) and we sit down in front of the computer and load them up. Well, the pictures came out black with the exception of the first few inches of ground. The rest was absolutely black.

It was this way on all of them.

I've been really interested in this, I've went looking for them a couple of times, but never with any luck.

But also, the woods and the surrounding area here isn't quite that safe at night. My brother, our friend and I have seen many things as well as heard things. (monkey like things, trees being cracked, breathing and whispering.) We've seen shadows on our roof tops as well as in the street. So we are actually frightened at times to venture out in the woods at night.

But I'd appreciate ya'lls input on this. Perhaps you've all had similar experiences or heard of this before?

Thank you very much for taking the time.

-Scharfshutze

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Ok, twenty four of you have glanced at this thread but no replies.

I was really hoping that someone could fill me in or at least give me any info.

By reading the other threads on ATS, I can tell you all are pretty smart when it comes to these kinds of things. So again, I'm hoping that someone out there has any clue as to what it may be.

Thanks again!

-Scharfshutze

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Well what you could have very well saw was a flock of owls in the woods, where the moons reflection made there eyes glow. But it's a rare occasion having a flock of them together, so it could very well be men in black with night vision goggles monitoring the perimater. You can consider these creatures to be ET but it's most unlikely.. As for the pictures turning out black, can you post a picture on here, have you edited them by brightening / decreasing contast and zooming in?

7A

[edit on 30-11-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It's more than likely an animal.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
If there was anything paranormal involved thet dogs would've reacted to it. Animals usually react by growling and barking when any spooks are near. So those glowing things were either animal' eyes or some other natural reflective objects.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I saw blazing, electric blue eyes on a couple people when I had my Morphine induced OOBE during Spinal Tap.
I was told by other members that the eyes of reptilians look like that.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Evidence first please, im not saying what your saying is not real, just it really helps if you post these black eye images, for us too look at them atleast!

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Thank you all for the input. But theres alot of other things in these woods that do get the dog's attention. (Strange noises, whispering and other things.)

I don't have the photo's anymore. I deleted them a while back. (I didn't think far enough to keep them.)

I'm definitely sure its not an owl.

And to the poster above me, it was not black eyes, they were blue. About my height and I stood where they were standing, no branches or other things for them to stand on.

If anyone else can think of something, please let me know!

Thanks again.

-Scharfshutze

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Someone may be playing a prank on you. This just does not sound like anything genuinely paranormal. Most of the time when people see extra-dimensional creatures with eyes that glow, the glow will be red or green. I'm not saying it is impossible that such spooks can have eyes that glow blue, but it is almost never the case. It could be a prank or some animals...may even be some kind of insects. You should get some night vision equipment if you can afford it and the next time the blue glows show up check them out with the night gear. Might discover the pranksters.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
What shape and size were the eyes? Where they round, almond, large, small? How high off the ground were they? This may help narrow the field of suspects a bit.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Ok, I'm going to give you all a little background information about these woods and the surrounding region.

My mother, brother and sister (as well as I) moved to europe a few years ago because of her work. (Engineer.) I tagged along because I was curious how it was here. We moved to Norway to be exact, Østfold. The surrounding region was in good use by the vikings. Several burial mounds are near by. The woods here are the largest and oldest in Østfold. (That have survived being chopped down.) The main road to Oslo (the old now defunct road from the 1800's) lies within these woods as well. Theres been a couple of murders in these woods, as long with a swedish army mass murder of norweigan army soldiers during the swedish war. (Over 200 soldiers were ambushed and killed in their sleep.)

People around here have said they see a "lady in white" who supposedly died here around 1885. (There used to be an old mansion a few feet from my house, now destroyed.)

Many things has happened in these woods. My brother and my sister both (a day after each other) saw a large semi black creature with red eyes and long horns right out side my window. My brother saw it first, and it saw him. The next day my sister was coming home later in the evening from a friends and runs inside crying that she saw a huge black monster. She described it exactly as my brother did. He didn't mention anything of the incident until after she had experienced it.

The list goes on.

But also, the housing area we live in are filled with people from age 30 to 80. It's quite peaceful and not that many children live here. (Those who do are under ten.)

That's another reason why I highly doubt this was someone trying to pull a prank on us.

Moving on,

The eyes where an extremely light blue eyes which seemed to be glowing. They stod roughly about 5 foot 8 to 5 foot 11. (my height.) They were completely circular. In one instance my brother had seen it around 3 feet off the ground before it "stood up" and was the same size as him. (almost 6'.)

On a side note, my brother and I had a strange encounter ( a year or so before the blue eyed encounter with our friend ) in the very same spot. We where out walking around 9pm not doing much. Just needed some fresh air. We had stopped to talk about something (in the above mentioned spot.) and I was facing him away from the woods. He was facing the woods. Suddenly all you hear is "Behind you!" I turn around but nothing. My brothers reaction scared me because I could tell he was quite scared. We both ran home (about 200 feet from that spot.) Once at home I asked him what he had seen. "It looked like some kind of guy crouched over with alot, ALOT of hair. But when you turned around, it did a strange 180 back into the woods."

So I hope this was some what useful. Thanks for reading and thanks a lot for your help.

-Scharfshutze

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Scharfshutze, have you tried to eleminate the possiblity that it could be some of your local fauna? Possible a pack of wolves or a large deer or reindeer? That are some large animals that live in your region.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Sounds like a possum colony. They hang around all the trees at night near my sister's home, and when you look up, you can see lots of little glowing eyes looking back at you.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Do the "eyes" blink, or are they a solid glow. If they blink, then it's more than likely, a living creature. (This doesn't mean it's not dangerous)

There are many natural things it could be, from animals, to bioluminescent fungus growing on the trees.

There are countless "lights in the woods" tales in legend and folklore. Everything from the Will o' the Wisp, faerie fire, corpse candles, and many others are all examples of mysterious lights.

How far out into the woods are they? Next time, take a picture, and leave the flash off, so that only the glow will appear. Also, if you see them again, shine a flashlight at them. Regardless, wait until daylight and go out into the woods to see if you can see any traces of what it could be. A lot of scat around would certainly lend credence to the eyes belonging to a group of local wildlife.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Ok, the whole time i was reading this, i was thinking of me and a friend's experiences in HIS woods.

Starting off, once, we were just hanging around his house in a neighboorhood exactly as you just described, and I caught something outside out of the corner of my eye. I look and all I see is a WHOLE lot of hair fly past the window. I jump up and go "Holy siht, dude I just saw a #ing bigfoot!" (sorry about the language) My friend gets up, and we run into the next room and catch a fleeting glance of it again, and this time he sees it too. He gasps and we run to the backdoor and outside. Right as we get out, a shadow catches my eye and i look to my left and I see it has just hopped over his wooden fence We run over and look over it but there is nothing in the neighboor's woods. We talked about it for days afterwards.

That wasn't the only thing that was strange in his neighboorhood. MANY MANY times have we seen, heard, or felt something strange.

Once, in the morning, I awoke to his mum pulling my toes to wake me up. I rolled over and said something like 'I'll get up in like 15 minutes" to which 'she' responded by tugging my foot like she was trying to pull me out of the bed with a sudden yank. (by the way, it's a bunkbed) My friend woke up when the bed shook and mumbled about how he's trying to sleep and I get up groggily, His mom wasn't there, and I got down and checked all the other rooms to see what she wanted. She wasn't even home, I found out later. She had gone to work hours before this.

Now back to the woods. Often, my friend and I (Beau is his name) like to walk around the little neighborhood around the times of midnight and so forth. So one evening, we are walking and as usual we hear the bark of distant and near dogs. However, we hear a loud crashing like trees falling, as you also have stated. We walked down to the road it was coming from and we see a motion-sensor light from someone's back porch is on. We hear the noise in the woods between two roads, so we are prowling around trying to get a good look. Suddenly, the streetlights go out. Not one, but 3 all at the same time. We're looking around in the near dark and we are at the edge of the road, on the curb, right next to some trees. Suddenly it sounds like something made a mad dash at us. We both readied ourselves, me and my bat, him and his metal pole (we never go out unarmed). Then it stopped. We step back and the lights come on again and we hear what sounds like monkeys in his woods, with a bit of like...a strange noise that I cannot properly describe..So we look around some more, but we don't enter the woods with no flashlights and mere bludgeons to potect us and venture back home.

We were perplexed ever since.

More on this place:

We've seen very large, larger than average wolf-looking dogs roaming around, always they are solid black.

Once there was what we thought was a very hairy man, until the bigfoot and this story were found, standing at the end of the road under a streetlamp. We drove by, and turned around in the cul-de-sac and the whole time, it was as if he didn't turn at all, but we couldn't see his face. Like his back was somehow always to us. And it looked like he was holding knives, but it could have been claws now that i think about it. I thought h was wearing a fur coat, but...I think it was his own fur.

ALl I know, is that I beleive every word you said, because it has happened to us in the same fashion

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Ok, Tomorrow I'm going to take some pictures and put them up on Flickr so you all can see the area I'm talking about. It's pretty hard to believe it's deer, elk or wolves. (Although it can't be totally ruled out.)

You see, these woods are quite small. (50 feet by 300 feet. Rough guess.) And it's location is dab smack in the middle of our housing complex. Although, wolves could have ventured out from the larger forest only a few thousand feet from us, however they aren't really that many wolves left in Østfold (due to the government thinking they are dangerous) so they tend to avoid populated places. An elk would have made the news.

I've looked at the trees, I've looked into the surrounding woods as well. (During the day time.) But to be honest, the only thing I've seen is normal green moss. No footprints either. (With the exception of cat foot prints.)

But like I said, I'll take some pictures tomorrow and post them on Flickr. (Unless the board prefers another photo viewing option.) That way you can tell what the area looks like, and perhaps it may shed some more light on what we have been seeing.

By the way, the eye's didn't seem to blink. They stood pretty still and just glared.

I felt right away they were intelligent. (Just the feeling I got from them.)

Thanks again for replying!

-Scharfshutze

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Scharfshutze

I too have seen some in the woods. Check out my link www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I have also had many experiences with glowing blue eyes in the woods. My first experience was around 4 or 5 years ago. Me and a friend decided to take a walk away from the trailer park and go down the gravel road and just enjoy ourselves instead of being cooped up in the house. It was a beautiful night, but we didn't want to wander to far so we stopped after we walked aways from the house. One side of the road was immediate trees, and the other has a small ditch, with a barbed wire fenced in property following the road. I looked over at this lone tree and saw blue eyes up in the branches, could have been as tall as a giraffe. It was not a 'dark' night, I could see fairly well and noticed there wasn't a bird there- no shadow body form of any kind. I had my friend take note of this as well. We continued to talk and I remembered the eyes, so I looked over again and this time they were in the grass a yard or so away from the tree, the tall grass wasn't bent in any way and I still couldn't make out a dark body shape. I thought this was strange and asked my friend if he could see it too, he said he did. I felt nervous so we walked up the road in the direction of home for a little ways and stopped to talk again. Some time went by before I remembered the eyes again, and I looked but didn't see them in the grass by the tree. I finally found them.....they were right next to us in the ditch; my friend saw it too. If I took 3 steps I could have kicked it, it was that close and guess what? NO BODY. I would surely see a dark form of a body with it being right on top of me, with this knowledge we both freaked out and ran for the house.

I did not see any blue eyes for a while after that, but within the last year I have begun to see them again (I was living in the city). They typically are on the edges of the woods, gathered around a tree. Sometimes there's only one, but I have seen up to 5 sets of glowing blue eyes gathered around trees in the same area. I know they're not deer because all the deer were in the yard. We always have the same amount of deer, and you can hear them (you can't hear the blue eyes). Plus, I could not see the deer's eyes, but I could see these blue ones and there were no lights on outside the house.

I was just talking to a friend of mine about these eyes a few days ago, I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has seen them!

~ greenidvixn28

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The thread's a "blast from the past" but nice to know the phenom is still happening!

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Was just Google-ing info in a book I'm reading about Scotland. Apparently a fungus that only grows on human skin, is a blue bioluminescent color, pretty rare. It was also found in England. The fungus is "pulcherricium caeruleum". Because fungus is a living thing,it changes shape slowly, covering the original object. It also may compress slightly, feels like velvet. Sounds like you may have found a spore that has grown to resemble anything. Do speak to a biologist, botanist, if you want more info.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join