It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Window Washer Falls Asleep At 20 Stories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
In Nashville Tennesee a window washer cleaning the glass on the 20th floor of the Fifth Third Bank building on Church Street fell asleep while cleaning the windows in his scafold. Onlookers noticed the window washer wasn't moving and called the nearest fire station for assitance.

www.mercurynews.com
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A window washer working on a downtown Nashville high-rise building apparently feel asleep on the job, authorities say.

The man, whom fire officials did not immediately identify, was cleaning the glass on the 20th floor of the Fifth Third Bank building on Church Street Friday when several onlookers noticed he was not moving.

The man came to after firefighters tugged on his ropes, then held up a sign from inside the window to get his attention. The worker lowered himself to the sidewalk, where he was examined by paramedics.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I don't understand how he could've fallen asleep at such a high altitude. Maybe he's just so used to being up so high from experience that he's comfortable with sleeping on the job and not worrying about falling off the scafold.

Apparently it was nice and warm and not windy up there but even under those conditions would anyone be able to fall asleep?

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
LOL LOL LOL

Previous incarnation as a large bird.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Crazy man! Lucky too, I should think..

I do have a question though? How many "3rd banks" are there in order to have a "fifth third bank"? Seems like a bloody stupid name to me....

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Can you imagine his face when he woke? And we thought we had a rough night, waking up hanging from a high rise building put top anything I could tell.

Glad the man is alright. He has some explaining to do though.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
How many "3rd banks" are there in order to have a "fifth third bank"?

I guess the least amount would have to be 5 banks. No telling if there is a 6th.

Yeah he's pretty lucky he didn't fall out of the thing, I wonder how he was sleeping? Standing up or laying down?

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I say fair play to the guy!

The world would be a better place if people slept when they should be working.

Kudos window washer guy!

EDIT- Me being a pleb, fixed it.

[edit on 3-12-2006 by Zanzibar]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

The world would be a better place if people slept when they should be sleeping

This is a bit confusing did you mean shouldn't?

Or are you trying to say that a job of that nature does not deserve to be called a job?

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Darn, I meant when they should be working.

I'm so stoopid.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
haha, that's funny, good thing he doesn't sleep walk.

top topics

join