It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Enough Avocado in your Guacamole? File a lawsuit!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
In today’s day and age, it seems like everyone is suing everyone else for something. But a lady in Los Angeles filed a fraud lawsuit against Kraft foods because she believes that there is not enough avocado in the companies ‘dip’ to call it guacamole.

Not only is she suing, she is going for class action status. However, the amount of damages she is seeking is not specified.

Sheesh! What will people sue for next? Although, apparently Kraft will label the ‘dip’ Guacamole Flavored instead of just guacamole.

This is a prime example of a ridiculous waste of money, and most likely tax payers money at that! If you don’t like the taste, or don’t want to read the label, you can always make your own.

Source

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Sweet, I've always wanted to to sue "Yoo-Hoo" because it is really just chocolate flavored water" and NOT milk as some would expect !!!

But seriously, yes it is a litigation happy world. All about the quick buck at our expense. I'm curious exactly what punitive damages she is seeeking. A Class action lawsuit ? might happen, there's plenty of people who will jump on board if they have the chance because they have nothing eles better to do.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Yes, our courts aren't crowded enough, are they?

You knoiw what would be really great is if the judge is someone (like me) who can't hear the word "guacamole" without laughing. Every time one of the lawyers makes a point he doubles over and pounds on the bench shrieking in laughter. Man, I'd love to see that trial on Court TV.

C'mon say it with me- "guacamole, guacamole, guacamole..."

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

I bet you pronounce it with a hard G don't you!

An sour cream-based avocado dip is just plain wrong to begin with. That's akin to buying tamales in a can. It's just plain wrong!

Don't expect to get guacamole unless you're willing to mash the avocados up yourself. Anything less than the real deal is unacceptable!

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I never buy ready made gaucamole....It never taste as good as I 'think' mine is!
Maybe next she'll sue Reser's because maybe their clam dip won't have enough clams in it?

I'm just wondering how & who will define in court, how much avocado is the right amount to add to gaucamole?

[edit on 12/1/2006 by jensouth31]

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I wouldn't expect something like guacamole from Kraft to be high quality either. If you want the real thing, go to a gourmet store, buy it from a Mexican restaurant or make it yourself.

This is yet another frivilous lawsuit

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
somebody mention gwak?

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If the word DIP, follows the word Gaucamole..Then it isn't Guacamole..
It's DIP...

Sure, all of us here, know that..
Personally, I like both, for different reasons..The DIP is for tater chips, the other for anything tortilla related.

but this lawsuit person? I say leave an avocado on her car seat so she can learn the first step in Guacamole making.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust

Um... yes. Otherwise it sounds like that arcade game at Chuck E. Cheese's- "Whack a-Mole".

I don't pronounce "gyros" correctly, either.

[mmmmmm gyros.....]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I LOVE guacamole. But the fact is that either you make it yourself or you buy it in the fresh produce section. Kraft??? I don't think so. I hope a judge doesn't just dismiss this case, but he makes the woman pay court costs for an unnecessary law suit.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If the worst thing she can say about a pre-made dip is that it didn't have enough avocado in it, she's way ahead of the game. At least she didn't find a mouse head or roach eggs or something.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

At least she didn't find a mouse head or roach eggs or something.

Thanks! I think I just lost my desire to eat today
You're right though, there is a bright side to this story

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well I have an iguana named "Guacamole" and she'll gladly take a dump in that lady's dip.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust

An sour cream-based avocado dip is just plain wrong to begin with. That's akin to buying tamales in a can. It's just plain wrong!

Don't expect to get guacamole unless you're willing to mash the avocados up yourself. Anything less than the real deal is unacceptable!

Amen.

Home made guacomole is pretty easy to make. People that buy prepackaged "foods" should not be surprised when those foods are nothing but water, sugar, preservatives, and other junk other than real food.

new topics

top topics

join