It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Great Invention Giveaway

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Here are some descriptions of ideas I would like to giveaway. I believe they are my own but have not properly checked this out. I accept no financial-legal liability for any problems that your or anybody else’s use of these ideas may cause you or others. I am currently providing them for information purposes only.

Furthermore you are only welcome to use and make money out of these ideas. This condition may be waived by me should you communicate directly with me and also subsequently directly and provably obtain my permission to make money-profit out of these ideas.

Star Ideas…
Ever been into a shop or supermarket during the colder times of year? You will notice that many use an electric powered air heating system to heat the entrances to doors and other places. This is wrong.
Instead as many buildings have their own boilers why not use a hot water radiator-series of pipes, above these cold places and then blow air onto them to create a current of hot air?
Advantages…
A. Electrical energy is typically delivered at about a 33% net efficiency rate. On top of that you have power lines that need to well maintained, and of course profits which all add to costs. Therefore it is general fact that burning gas or oil in a boiler and using it to heat water is far cheaper (per unit of energy) than heating with electricity. Therefore the prime advantage is cost saving.
B. Higher energy efficiency is great for reducing global warming.
C. Hot water can be safer than electricity (and also longer lasting and reliable).
D. The entire buildings heating can be controlled by a thermostack; whilst before some electrically heated air would no doubt cause the thermostack to keep itself of rather than using the radiators to heat the building.

2. Dish Washing Machine Recycling Tablets…
Phase One
A. The dishwasher will use the same water for (about) 90% of the wash.
B. This water will contain a highly concentrated dishwashing solution, with extreme anti-bacterial (life) properties (if not present in tablets then perhaps a bit of toilet bleach should do the trick?).
C. This (reusable) dishwasher water is stored in a tank beneath the bottom of the dishwasher and is collected from the bottom of the inside of the dishwasher where it is sucked through a valve into the (said) tank below.
D. This valve will be kept open by low pressure in the (said) tank below. This (relatively) low pressure is caused by the constant sucking of water out of the tank by a standard electric dishwasher pump. Therefore I would suggest using a “spring valve” where a spring (without the pressure difference) would naturally push a plastic sheet like steal upwards; hence keeping the valve closed). The steal of course would be held in place by the frame of the washing machine.
To prevent rust-corrosion the spring would probably be need made out of stainless steel, but aside from that the valve would probably be relatively cheap to manufacture, as well as also reliable and long lasting.
E. A vertical pipe is used to transport the water up the washing machine from the dishwasher water tank. This pipe delivers water into a downward bend which is connected to an upward bend (to ensure the water continues travelling upwards) (as before).
The purpose of the downward bend is to force the water through a sponge which sits inside a appropriately lengthened removal pipe. Therefore this removable pipe will resemble a “mug” without a bottom.
The purpose of the sponge is to help filter out bits of food and other material (probably originating from dirty plates) which would otherwise be continuously flushed through the dishwashing machines water system.
The purpose of the bottomless “mug” is to allow this filtered material to be extracted whilst minimising water resistance. Water resistance can (of course) be further reduced by increasing the radius of the bottomless “mug”.

Designers Note: Once part E has delivered water to the “removable mug” it can of course continue to take water to the very top of the inside of the washing machine; where it can be sprayed downwards onto the dishes. Or the pipe can be connected to a downward pipe which would deliver water to a sprayer at the bottom (of the inside) of the Washington machine.
To distribute water pressure more evenly onto the dishes I would recommend both these options. This is done by providing both these options and with all pipes in these options reduced to appropriate radius’s (in relation to water volume delivered through the primary delivery pipe).

Phase Two…
F. The pipe (mentioned in part D) used to transport recyclable water out the dishwashers water tank is blocked (without blocking the section described in part E). One way of doing this would be to activate a small electromagnet for long enough to draw a magnetic disc into a given section of the part D pipe.
G. With recyclable water now no longer being extracted from the dishwashers tank the relatively low pressure in this tank will drop causing the low pressure valve (described in part D) to automatically-naturally close.
H. The dishwashers standard-typical electric water pump will continue to operate uninterrupted. Because it is connected to the part E section of pipe it will now cause the pressure to drop (in the not blocked) this part E section of pipe. This will cause a second low pressure valve to open into the part E section (though requiring a slightly higher level of low pressure to open it will probably be almost identical to the valve described in part D). Like the part D low pressure valve this second valve is also located at the bottom of the inside of the washing machine, only it opens into above the blockage caused by part F (and not into the water tank).
I. Fresh water is allowed to enter the washing machine, from the top of the inside the washing machine (probably through an almost identical mechanism described in part F).
J. (By virtue of everything previously described) fresh water is recycled inside the washing machine.
K. After a timed-controlled period the (part I) mechanism closes (hence preventing new fresh water from entering the machine).
L. After a timed-controlled period a drain is opened (leading outside of the washing and presumably into the domestic drains). The mechanism for doing this could also be almost identical to the one described in part F and used in part I.
M. After a timed-controlled set period electrical power is cut to the washing machine and the wash is complete.

About this idea:
I know this idea seems extremely complicated but bare in mind I’ve described it in extreme detail (although I’ve left the timing periods and controlling mechanisms to the dishwashing machines designer-engineer). Personally I am convinced that this idea would be relatively simple to manufacture; makes almost no difference to the space inside the washing machine (mostly because the recyclable dishwasher water tank needs to only have volume equal to the total volume of the transporting pipes used). (Perhaps barely more or less than that).

I have two more separate improvements to washing machines (one which is almost definitely relevant to this idea as well as existing washing machines). The other idea could be relevant to domestic washing machines; but may only be relevant to industrial ones (like the types used in canteens and restaurants). Both these ideas should dramatically improve energy efficiency (but have nothing directly to do with recycling dishwashing tablets-fluids).

Idea 3…
Chimney installation…
Many upgraded-newly installed fires have metal smoke pipes. They usually run through an existing-purpose built brick structure and are used to reduce the danger posed by chimney fires.
Why not make better use of this brick space by puncturing some air holes into it? This way cold air can enter from the bottom and leave at the top (say at bedroom level) this way more heat will be extracted from the smoke as it travels up the metal pipe.
Note: There is a downside to this; cold air will also increase the amount of soot that condenses onto the inside of the chimney pipe. So you would need to ensure that cold air coming in is well distributed; perhaps by puncturing some holes in a dead-ended metal pipe? Also you would need to be careful about how much hot air leaves the chimney brick space (likewise in order to prevent a too greater oval temperature drop). Where a chimney extends above roof level a insulated (no-flammable) heat board could be used to reduce unnecessary chimney cooling.

Idea 4…
Electric pipe heating blanket: Many factories-warehouses leave the heating on during winter (even when few if anybody is using the place). One of the prime reasons for this would be to prevent any water pipes from freezing.
Instead why not create an electric pipe warming blanket? (Plastic wool with a few steel-iron strands of low voltage, high current wires travelling through). Though electricity is normally an expensive type of heating the advantage here is that you are only heating the water pipes (rather than the entire building). Therefore I would imagine it would be cheaper (and likewise better for the environment). Furthermore as the objective is only to keep the water above freezing, then by using a thermostack (monitoring water temperature of course) one could ensure that perhaps most nights the thing isn’t used, and when it is it need only provide a few degrees anyway.

Alternatively: Constructing-refitting a place? If all the water piping is plastic (therefore easily possible to electrically insulate) then perhaps send the electricity directly into the buildings water supply? Of course turning a tap might give you a bit of a shock but then it is only low voltage high current stuff. Also if nobody is using the building after a certain time; then perhaps this doesn’t matter?

Comfort Note…
Of course people may wish to use the building in the morning without it being minus two (or whatever). To avoid this coldness I would recommend using the “timed” option you get on most boilers (to ensure the place is warm when people arrive).

Idea 5…
Sheep Tent: Everybody knows you can just leave sheep outside in the field almost regardless of whatever the weather. But I think this is a bad idea.
Because like all other mammals sheep need to eat to stay warm they will consume more food-grass when the weathers cold. So I came up with a cheap to build sheep tent to help them and the farmer out.
You Need to…
1. Erect at least two tall fence posts.
2. Screw (or maybe but probably not hammer) a short flat blank of wood to the top of each to create a “T” shape (make sure the “T’s” are in line with each other.
3. Cover these fence posts with plastic (old silage plastic might do).
4. Secure the plastic by putting some rubble or old tyres on top of its side ends.

Note: To help the grass beneath this tent grow to be eaten it may make sense to have more than one set of “T” shape posts. This way you could rotate the plastic roofing; exposing the grass to sunlight and giving it a break from being trampled on.

BREAK…
(Have to Go More Ideas coming…)

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

Mod Edit: Deleted unwanted comment.

[edit on 30-11-2006 by TheBandit795]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
By posting these online they are now in the public domain. You can no longer patent them, they are no longer your ideas. Anyone can use these ideas now, whether they are an Israeli citizen or not!

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Is that true? What exactly is a "Creative Commons" licence? Can somebody give me a brief overview? I'm too lazy to look it up... sorry.. it's 3.44 am.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Pipe heaters already exist, but I believe they use a wire wound around the pipe which is heats up when current is applied. Pipe insulation is also used to prevent freezing. I have a friend that used to apply the insulation and I know in some applications they run hot water lines in close proximity to other pipes and wrap them all so the hot water pipe acts as a heater.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Warpboost Oh I knew pipe insulation exists, we have that round our boiler at home. But I didn’t know I had been beaten to it. www.google.co.uk...
But it’s not the first time: I thought I came up with the mobile grain dryer, and recycling rubble to turn it into concrete bricks, and the remote controlled combine harvester but all these ideas have already done. Thanks; it will be good to get these ideas filtered.

The Ideas Continue…

6. Agriculture: I used to wonder why they didn’t re-paint with creosote old fence posts. Turns out the reason is that the place they root the most is between the ground and the air (makes sense). But cement is really cheap; just recently I bought a whole bag from a industrial state for only £1.95. Plastic drain piping is also really cheap.
So what I would do is cut a short section of household like drain pipe. Then drop it into my fence post hole; then stick then fence post in, then fill the space between the pipe and fence post with cement. Alternatively concentrated clay could be used as this is also quite good a preserving stuff. With the bottoms of the fence post now lasting longer their life is extended (possibly even enough to be re-creosoted.

7. Agriculture: Every year stubble is left over from where the crop grew out of the ground. With straw its quite thick and not that nice for animals. Well if you or anyone in your area had a biogas compactor I wonder could that be a potential future use?

8. (A Star Idea)
A Product design: B&Q in England is now stocking wind turbines for home use. Trouble is everybody knows that wind energy is extremely unreliable. However there is one way it would be useful in bringing down your heating bill.
When the wind blows your house boiler (well if its like mine) needs to go into overtime as the wind cools down the house more. But if you had only a small wind turbine and stuck it say in a disused chimney; all the wind electricity it generates could go into heating your house. Forget about expensive copper wiring, insulated steel cable is just as good as a bit of electrical resistance is now also good. Basically the cable is now like the pipe warmers but this time for your floor boards.

Therefore the wind blows but your house warms up, equals a reduction in fossil fuels exactly when it’s needed.

Idea Questions:
1. Could frequently changing the voltage in mains electricity (within a small but certain range) be used to transport messages? (Or is it used?).
2. When cars are stuck in traffic their engines usually continue to run usually because it takes time to restart. Could the standby engine be used to compress a small amount of air, which once stored would allow the car engine to switch off. The idea is that when the car is needed to move again its this air pressure which drives the car for the first few seconds as the engine restarts.
3. I know that in nuclear fusion they use extremely powerful magnets to exert huge pressures on hydrogen fuel. Would it be practical to use these same magnets to contain our standard nuclear reactor fuels? The idea would be to achieve higher reactor temperatures; and efficiencies than they currently manage with existing materials.

This nearly concludes the number of ideas I am currently willing to give away.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
Warpboost Oh I knew pipe insulation exists, we have that round our boiler at home. But I didn’t know I had been beaten to it. www.google.co.uk...
But it’s not the first time: I thought I came up with the mobile grain dryer, and recycling rubble to turn it into concrete bricks, and the remote controlled combine harvester but all these ideas have already done. Thanks; it will be good to get these ideas filtered.

Yeah they have been a around for a while, but it is a great idea.

www.heatline.com...

plumbing.hardwarestore.com...''-ul--626729.aspx

I'm assuming when you said "Could frequently changing the voltage in mains electricity (within a small but certain range) be used to transport messages? (Or is it used?" you mean using existing power lines to transmit data?

Its not that widespread, but the technology does exist and some companies are already testing it. I imagine it could become more commonplace someday

www.wired.com...

news.com.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gfad
By posting these online they are now in the public domain. You can no longer patent them, they are no longer your ideas. Anyone can use these ideas now, whether they are an Israeli citizen or not!

He could claim to be the intellectual property owner. Though he would have to produce evidence that his ideas were documented before any other application of.

In fact he could stand to make quite a lot of money in damages, if his case were proven.

Though he would have to go to court to get a writ to stop any production or application of his idea. This is why a Patent is ALWAYS best.

All the best.

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   

..Could frequently changing the voltage in mains electricity (within a small but certain range) be used to transport messages? (Or is it used?)

The technology is already available to buy...here's an example of using the domestic ring-mains as a LAN. There's also plug-adaptors to connect hifis for piped-audio, PC peripherals to be shared etc

All good ideas though..

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
About an engine being shut-off and then restarted.
The majority of an engines wear comes from start-up. Generally, there is less lubrication on bearings and moving parts. Larger engines actually use an electric lube pump to bring oil pressure up, before starting.
Also, during a cranking cycle, the governor goes to full fuel to increase cranking speed and hasten ignition. Not very efficient to have frequent start-ups.

Lex

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Idea thread!

I love ideas, I have them all the time...

One idea that I've been tossing around but never got around to testing is my centrifugal linear engine.
I would like to visit Mars, and this engine might get us there, so I'm giving it away!

Very little has ever been done trying to utilize centrifugal force energy. I read about one design that used centrifugal force to sorta hop a machine around, but it was very inefficient. No, mine is very very simple, possibly too simple and it might not even work at all.

It's a little hard to explain, you have to think in 3D.
Picture a funnel floating in space (no, not outer space, just any space). You have a cylinder with a large diameter and a small diameter and x distance between the two.
Spin that puppy really really REALLY fast along the axis of the diameters and it will flatten out proportionally with both diameters moving towards each other until it is a single plane, like a flat record or CD. Centrifugal force makes all the rotational energy radiate directly outward from the center of the radius. Cool! Not very useful however...

Now, back to the funnel (or get a new one because that last one is probably wrecked), lets throw off that "proportional" part by making the small diameter twice as heavy as the larger diameter. Spin this guy up and what happens?
The centrifugal force that wants to turn the funnel into a record is now offset by the difference in weight on one end of the funnel. So to compensate, and were talking some type of titanium - indestructible funnels here, one half (guessing) of the centrifugal energy is now linear energy pushing directly away from the center of the radius of the smaller diameter. Anti gravity as it were, but it's actually just raw force.

Blow this up in scale quite a bit and make the large diameter like 20 feet wide, the smaller diameter 10 feed wide but still twice the weight of the large diameter and depending upon how fast you can spin it up you can electromagnetically pull that smaller diameter out from the lateral spinning plane and generate a whole ton of linear force. Then have the electromagnets pull the smaller diameter dis proportionally and you can then direct the linear energy to wherever you want to aim it, or the opposite of whichever way you want your 'flying saucer' to go!

I call "shotgun" for the first trip to mars if this works!

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Nem,
After reading, re-reading and re-re-reading your idea, let me take a stab at what your proposing, as my mind's eye sees it.
Funnel = funnel shaped (tubular) rotating housing
Small end heavier that the large end. Is that correct ?
If so, are both ends spinning the same direction ?

Lex

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I've got quite the number of inventions myself... buuuut. I'm not selfless enough to give them away.

... especially my design for "Safe or Salvagable". It's a system that protects both the contents of your sailboat and the crew should they be below deck.

But I'm not gonna tell you how it works.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
Nem,
After reading, re-reading and re-re-reading your idea, let me take a stab at what your proposing, as my mind's eye sees it.
Funnel = funnel shaped (tubular) rotating housing
Small end heavier that the large end. Is that correct ?
If so, are both ends spinning the same direction ?

1 funnel, one piece, one direction, yes.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
I've got quite the number of inventions myself... buuuut. I'm not selfless enough to give them away.

... especially my design for "Safe or Salvagable". It's a system that protects both the contents of your sailboat and the crew should they be below deck.

But I'm not gonna tell you how it works.

Does it have to do with dangling a carrot in front of a donkey?

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Ok, this is deep.
Due to mass, wouldn't the smaller end become the larger end, and vice-versa ?
Geez, I'm thinking WAY too much, at the start of a 4 day weekend.

Lex

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
Ok, this is deep.
Due to mass, wouldn't the smaller end become the larger end, and vice-versa ?
Geez, I'm thinking WAY too much, at the start of a 4 day weekend.

No stretching of anything.

Last weekend was a 4 day weekend...?

Speaking of thinking too much this reminds me of a question that I blew the mind of a guy who had a doctorate in physics with...

"If the earth's rotation were to slow down, would I weigh more, or less?"

I always figured more. But now applying this centrifugal - linear stuff to that question, I'm thinking I would probably weigh less.

This would mean that I have the direction of my funnel \ linear energy previously discussed all bass ackwards...

What if you take two funnels and flip one upside down, then glue the two larger diameters together. Spin that up and all the centrifugal forces will completely counteract each other... or not?

Maybe the earth's rotation is creating this same linear force from centrifugal force but it's all directed towards the center of the rotation.
Thats pretty crazy stuff.

Now I'm thinking way too much....

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I had vacation days, that I took, this weeked.
Anyway. What would happen if you took your funnel, small end heavier than the large end. Add another mass (flywheel) in the center of the large end, but spinning opposite ?

Pondering,
Lex

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
No, you were right the first time, if the earth were to slow down the effect of gravity on your mass would appear to be greater.

The centrifugal force of the earth rotating attempts to push you upwards, (Away from the center of the earth) , but the mass of the earth counters that with gravity.

If the earth were to rotate half as fast, you wouldnt see a 'huge' change in weight, but you'd still notice it.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
No, you were right the first time, if the earth were to slow down the effect of gravity on your mass would appear to be greater.

The centrifugal force of the earth rotating attempts to push you upwards, (Away from the center of the earth) , but the mass of the earth counters that with gravity.

If the earth were to rotate half as fast, you wouldnt see a 'huge' change in weight, but you'd still notice it.

Not disagreeing but where does the "force" that is pulling everything towards the center of the earth come from?

Is something pushing me down from above?
Or is something pulling me from below?

Aside from some screws in my foot I'm not magnetic, so rule out magnetism. (I notice a lot of gravity explanations tend to mix magnetism into the equation somehow)

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Lol. You just asked the age old question of, "Is gravity a push, or a pull?"

Thats an answer I do not have. We can easily measure the effects of gravity... we know the cause is the mass and distance of two bodies... as to what that force actually IS, well thats a conceptual thought I suppose you will have to decide on yourself.

The problem is, we cannot SEE gravity. We can measure it's effect. And we can predict it, and even use it to figure out where, what size and how heavy other objects are without seeing them.

Many would argue it is neither, it's actually an objects mass' effect on the fabric of space... like placing a bowling ball on a matress and watching the marbles roll towards it due to the curvature of the matress because of that bowling ball.
This is the theory I tend to lean towards.

Try it yourself, get something heavy, and place it on a matress, then place some lighter, smaller balls near it, and they will roll towards the bowling ball.
I understand this is due to gravity anyways, but it gives you a good mental image of how gravity works.

My theory on it is that if everything started from a single point, then to re-gain a balance, everything would attempt to return to that single point. The attraction between masses is the result of that balancing equation. And will eventually cause all mass to return to a single point.

[edit on 1-12-2006 by johnsky]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join