It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced Alien Civilizations, What Do You Think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I am interested in seeing how many of you believe in advanced life on other planets and what they may or may not be capable of, here are a few questions I have:

Is it possible life has evolved on other planets?
How many do you think there are or are we all alone?
How advanced could they be?
Is it just as likely they could be hostile as much as being peaceful?

Another point is why have they not made contact with us, and if you think they have then why is it so subtle or secret?

Would advanced civilizations just ignore us?

Are the technological differences are large or small?

Here is a great article I found from Dr. Kaku who is an internationally recognized authority in theoretical physics and the environment.

www.universetoday.com...
How advanced can a cilvilization become? (Mon, 26 Apr 2004)

I think this is a pretty interesting article that suggests what an advanced civilization would be like. I personally believe there could be these types of civlizations and Dr. Kaku goes along way to explaining.

Also is there some kind of coverup concerning what the government know about advanced life on other planets, and have we harnessed any learning/technology from them?

Could Dyson spheres and Ring Worlds be possible?
en.wikipedia.org...

Could our satelites and space stations be the first steps towards our own type of dyson sphere? What other types of mega structures could be created?

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The disclosure project provides the best evidence yet of existing contact. This includes the testimony of 400 verified ex-government employees breaking their secrecy bonds. And dozens of declassified government memos confirming that the publicly released explanations for UFO sightings are lies.

www.disclosureproject.org...

Press conference with a dozen testimonies:
video.google.com.au...

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
i think a race too far advanced may not even be able to connect with us on a common ground.
i do believe there is ET intelligent life out there, and also subscribe to the "drake equation" as a meter for life elsewhere.

there's prolly hostile life out there (advanced hostile life), there's most likely friendly life, and others that we can't comprehend. i only hope to find out one day after this slavery stint on planet earth.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Most likely there are other civilizations out there. If they are too much more advanced than us, then they certainly are not very interested in us.

As far as whether they are friendly or hostile, I think it depends on which ones you are referring to. The reports of the "reptilian" type are most assuredly hostile. The greys on the other hand, some of them, are probably friendly. Although, the ones that our governments have had contact with seem to only be interested in experimenting on the human species, which is understandable if there is that much anatomical difference between humans and greys.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Hmm, let's see... (this is ONLY my opinion)
I think life has to have begun and evolved on other planets, in other solar systems, in other galaxy's.
The term "alone". As in, our solar system, or galaxy ? Too vague, to answer.
Advanced, in our terms ? Who knows. Is warring over religion advanced ?
Likely to be hostile, or peaceful...see above.

Just my 2 cent,
Lex

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I also believe that there must be planets out there that support life.

I don't see why races that are more advanced than us would exist. Look at how fast the pace of change is now occuring in the technologically advanced countries.

I also don't know if others races would have any real interest in us. We seem, as a race, to have a lot of issues to work through before other races would want to get involved with such a hostile and silly people.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I guess the majority of folk here probably believe in advanced life on other planets and personally I do too, but how advanced i have no idea. I have been aware of the drake equation now for sometime and even had a play around with it. Check out this page:

www.activemind.com...

You can actually put your own estimates into the equation and see how the result comes out - brillliant! I expect other advanced civs would have their own similar equation.

I have always assumed it would be close to 50/50 on whether a civ would be hostile or peaceful but I feel a truely hostile race may take longer to become organized and find it more of struggle getting to an advanced level due to warring with itself and its in-ability to work collectively. What do you think? Peaceful civs have better chance of advancing quicker, or perhaps being aggressive actually may help? Or do both peaceful and hostile have their pros and cons and average advancement rate overall taking the same amount of time?

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
OK, here are my answers.

Yes.

I don't have any idea of many they could be.

I think they could be in any stage, from primordial soup to very advanced.

I think that it could be a 50/50 chance, we do not know what makes a civilization hostile or peaceful.

Another point is why have they not made contact with us, and if you think they have then why is it so subtle or secret?
The best reason for not making contact is the fact that they do not know that we exist.
Also, I don't believe that they have contacted us and is all kept as a big secret.

If they are as inquisitive as we are I think that would contact us.

Who can tell?
Our technological advances were the result of specific conditions. For example, the way our agriculture evolved was based on the fact that we could use animals much stronger than we are to help us. In a planet in the same situation but where there are no animals like this they must keep their agriculture in a primitive way. Not having a good agriculture may prevent them from developing commerce. Not developing commerce may prevent them from developing good means of transportation, keeping them in a primitive way for a long time, maybe forever.

Also is there some kind of coverup concerning what the government know about advanced life on other planets, and have we harnessed any learning/technology from them?
What government? There isn't an Earth government, and I do not see why only one of the more than 200 countries on Earth would know of the existence of alien life.

I don't know, I find it hard to keep those type of things in a stable manner.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
As far as a peaceful society advancing faster, just look at Humans.
It seems that the majority of our advances were brought about to win wars, rather than promote peace.

Lex

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I am interested in seeing how many of you believe in advanced life on other planets

According to my thinking, the best way to explain something that you aren't aware of meticulously, is via similitude.

First of all, let's have a look at our planet. Now, what do you see?

The answer is: a universe. A biodiversity of different species almost everywhere and an advanced civilization showing its presence at every fold of life (do they look like Gods in contradiction to fenceless animals the way Gods are in contrast to humans?- mere a hypothesis). The terrans.

Let's look deeper and set our eye upon an ant colony (bivouac).

Ants are considered to be civilized and its true. They have ranks with each of them to specialized in several phases of the ant-community:
~Queen: linked to the colony's reproductive cycle
~Majors (soldiers):patroling nearby areas for ant-caravans and garding the nest entrance
~Minors (labours)
This remind us a little bit the human role attribution.

Now, let's give a name to our bivouac and call it ''planet earth''. We scan the area of six-square-miles and we spot the nearest bivouac 2000 metres away from the original one with the given name ''planet earth''. Watching with human eyes its a distance of 2000 metres. Watching from the ''eyes'' of ant (ants do not have eyes) it should shound a distance equivalent to our distant measurments of light years. (mere a hypothesis). The ants (i am taking the example of Eciton Burchelii) are travelling 50 metres away from the bivouac meaning that there is a distant of:
2000-50-50=1900 metres of ''void. Just imagine the ants saying to themeselves: Are we alone? Of course around there there are other species as well: birds, bugs, caterpillars,spiders,gazelles, e.t.c.

As beings we have acclimatized to breath air using our langs and refining oxygen, which is such an important igredient for life. Other species have adapted to breath using branchia. Let's ake a sci-fi example:
We have Jupiter, an air giant. It is fact, storms and cloud are in a constant turmoil and can't see what is below. What if there is a civilization hidden and adopted to use in such conditions safe for them, poissonous for us?

Another point is why have they not made contact with us

Let's return at the previous example of bivouac. A human (being from advanced civilization) with many ants around him? Despite we are more advance tecnologically, can we speak with ants? No. Then, why would aliens do? Firstly, they have to study us, as an ant-scientist do. They have to experiment upon us, to observe our everyday life (as it might be happening with UFO), to abduct us in order to study us in their laboratories and why not cut us into pieces to take an idea of our inner body-structure. Or, why not cause some cataclysms to see our reactions, as the ant-scientist do filling the bivouac with water?

Also is there some kind of coverup concerning what the government know about advanced life on other planets

I think that it is also pending the theory of propaganda. Who know if these UFO are a scientific invention from humans and the responsible government is trying to cloak its excistence for the reason of ''national security'' and trying to attribute the sightings to Exraterrestials?

Well, it depends. See earth around. Hostility is active as long as it serves a purpose. For example, ants are attacking another colony to steal foood which they cannot find it and want to survive from starvetion. If aliens follow that example, they probably haven't come to earth becouse they do not need our natural resources yet.
*this is not a reason to deplete our planet from them in the name of industry, economical dynamism and quick profit*

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Do you pay attention in every bivouac pass over?

and have we harnessed any learning/technology from them?

Why they should do that?Why they sould give us an advanced knowledge, tech and know-how? What do they owe to us? Haven't you seen the TV series ''Star Trek'' and ''Andromeda''? we as humans want to creat a vast empire even in space where our ideas ONLY be correct and ,of course, we would kill the ''bad aliens'' the ''alien terrorists''. If you could, would you give technology to the ant? Probably not, since you would be a nice, tasty meat for his hungry babies.

The reports of the "reptilian" type are most assuredly hostile. The greys on the other hand, some of them, are probably friendly. Although, the ones that our governments have had contact with seem to only be interested in experimenting on the human species, which is understandable if there is that much anatomical difference between humans and greys.

Are there any scientific evidence to prove your statement?

Physicists know best. Why don't they tell us their views?

By the way, Halo 3 is comin'.

To end, i fear when if we indeed have taken technology from aliens. We cannot control even the this one and we ask for more? I really don't know if we are ready... i really don't...

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Absolutly the math involved would conclude so.

Lets see the percentage of life in this galaxy as an avarage and multiply that by how many galaxys there are and you wind up with a pretty big number.

Depends on when they evolved. I imagine somewhere in the galaxy there is a species that is just getting the grasp of fire and I am sure there are others that have gotten cold fusion down and everywhere in between.

Sure not every advanced form of life has to be benevolent there has got to be some real nasty ones out there.

we are the alabama of the universe. If you looked at the internet being an advanced civilization would you want to get to know these degenerate backwards people?

Yep we probably won't be taken seriously by advanced species for a long time to come.

MASSIVE! HUGE! some are probably playing with rocks some probably have figured out how to use a quatum singularity for the benifits of space travel and all the things in between.

new topics

top topics

join