It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sharia law reaches britain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   

SECRET courts imposing draconian Islamic justice are operating across Britain.

Last night politicians and religious leaders expressed outrage that sharia law is gaining an increasing foothold in our society.

The hardline Islamic law allows people to be stoned to death, beheaded or have their limbs amputated

Youth worker Aydarus Yusuf, 29, told how he helped convene an unofficial court which uses Somalian law
He insisted he is more bound by the law of his country of birth than British justice, adding: “Somalis, wherever we live in the world, have our own law.”

“The Government has not been straight about this. It has it’s own sharia advisers and it has already introduced measures that are compliant with sharia law.

Source

Whats going on? Should Muslims be allowed to have their own laws here? Comment NOW at Have Your Say.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I thought i'd search the google and see if there was any more to this issue in the uk and low and behold there was plenty.

Four out of 10 British Muslims want sharia law introduced into parts of the country, a survey reveals today.

The ICM opinion poll also indicates that a fifth have sympathy with the "feelings and motives" of the suicide bombers who attacked London last July 7, killing 52 people, although 99 per cent thought the bombers were wrong to carry out the atrocity.

Overall, the findings depict a Muslim community becoming more radical and feeling more alienated from mainstream society, even though 91 per cent still say they feel loyal to Britain.
source

In Ontario, Canada, for instance, sharia law is allowed to be applied in civil disputes between Muslims, provided all the parties agree. What's wrong with that?

My objections are twofold. Even accepting that some sharia laws are benevolent, there is so much that is fundamentally unacceptable - especially regarding the status of women - and cannot easily be divorced from the good bits.

Source

It seems this problem is not a new one and is getting worst, i remember seeing a tread titled stealth jihad in the uk and maybe that is exactly what is happening.
Could there be a muslim conspiracy to rule britain outright some day, it seems to me they have most things in place already, then its just a numbers game.

Islamic clerics do not believe in a society in which Islam is one religion among others in a society ruled by basically non-religious laws. They believe it must be the dominant religion - and it is their aim to achieve this.

That is why they do not believe in integration. In 1980, the Islamic Council of Europe laid out their strategy for the future - and the fundamental rule was never dilute your presence. That is to say, do not integrate.

Rather, concentrate Muslim presence in a particular area until you are a majority in that area, so that the institutions of the local community come to reflect Islamic structures. The education system will be Islamic, the shops will serve only halal food, there will be no advertisements showing naked or semi-naked women, and so on.

That is why you are seeing areas which are now almost totally Muslim. The next step will be pushing the Government to recognise sharia law for Muslim communities - which will be backed up by the claim that it is "racist" or "Islamophobic" or "violating the rights of Muslims" to deny them sharia law.

There's already a Sharia Law Council for the UK. The Government has already started making concessions: it has changed the law so that there are sharia-compliant mortgages and sharia pensions.

Some Muslims are now pressing to be allowed four wives: they say it is part of their religion. They claim that not being allowed four wives is a denial of their religious liberty. There are Muslim men in Britain who marry and divorce three women, then marry a fourth time - and stay married, in sharia law, to all four.

Source

I could not believe my eyes when i came accross this
it's worrying to think just where we could be headed within our life time. It could be a case of convert or die, and i fear it could be too late late to reverse. I suppose stealth works or at least to some degree.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I'm not hearing too much noise about it here either. But then with the BBC being held to ramson by the rabid lefties, I"m just wondering where the average Brit would get this news these days?

On a different note, Britain has been pussywhipped for so long with the bloody Queen not making way for a male successor. Maybe the day that happens, Britain will get its balls back and make a stand on these issues. Maybe its time the Queen retired and gave the reigns to the boys. (especially Prince William)
It seems that a masculine vibe and energy is need in Britain these days. My 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Old saying - when in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Same should be true here. Anyone wishing to reside within the UK must abide by the laws of the land. Those laws apply to ALL residents, no matter what ethnic or religious belief is personally held.
Any immigrant found breaching those rules or practicing alternative laws based on religion or ethnic background should immediately be repatriated to their home nation, no appeal and no opportunity to return. Any British resident doing the same should be jailed if their actions breach the laws of the land. Simple really and should not even be a matter for discussion.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
You missed this little paragraph at the top of one of the quoted articles.

The following correction was added to the Guardian Unlimited website on February 20 2006, and printed in the Guardian's Corrections and clarifications column on February 21.

In the column below we said that in Ontario, Canada, sharia law was allowed to be applied in civil disputes between Muslims, provided all the parties agreed. That is not the case and a move in that direction in 2004 was dropped.

source

There is no sharia law usage in Ontario. The attempt to have sharia introduced resulted in the removal of Jewish tribunals as well. Ontario has banned all religous arbitration.

I would suggest that the UK do the same. The laws of a country should be the same for everyone.

[edit on 30-11-2006 by Duzey]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Old saying - when in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Same should be true here. Anyone wishing to reside within the UK must abide by the laws of the land. Those laws apply to ALL residents, no matter what ethnic or religious belief is personally held.
Any immigrant found breaching those rules or practicing alternative laws based on religion or ethnic background should immediately be repatriated to their home nation, no appeal and no opportunity to return. Any British resident doing the same should be jailed if their actions breach the laws of the land. Simple really and should not even be a matter for discussion.

It should'nt be a matter for siscussion but it is, we are facing a state within a state don't you think so ?

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It's certainly no good discussing with our own leaders as they are precisely the people who have let things get this far. Not just those currently in office but many before them in some insane globalisation project that seems hell-bent on removing any real national identity. Multiculturalism, to some extent, just doesn't seem to be working and breeds discontent among the native born citizens who are expected to pay for crazy schemes that pander to foreign ideas. It's not a racism issue, that is just a smokescreen to deflect criticism and something that many immigrants are guilty of themselves.
Maybe it is all a big long-term plan to bring about the dreaded NWO and one world government, where all nationalist and religious thought will become banned and replaced by whatever the state wants for us. I don't know but it seems something is going on, perhaps conflict is the idea?

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
There seems to be a undercurrent in England (note, England not Britain) of people – like myself – who have become quite nationalistic. More and more people are becoming very dissatisfied with the way in which British culture and society gets trodden on by those who are so eager not to offend the minorities. The English are also annoyed that people in Scotland get on average £1,500 more spent per person on services. A good example is that there are drugs available on the NHS in Scotland that England can’t afford. Also, Scottish MP’s can also vote on matters in London on decisions that effect everywhere except Scotland. A lot of people are also seeing that our friendship with the US is rather one sided. This has led to a rise in popularity of the British National Party which is very right wing as well as the (much less right wing) United Kingdom Independence Party.

In short, the English (I don’t know about the Welsh) are fed up of having their culture trodden over, pockets picked by Gordon Brown and having less money spent on services. Problem is there are only a few who are willing to stand up and speak out.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I warned europe, especially britain, about this before and in one of my threads:

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

There is also a book available on amazon called "londonistan" about the islamatization of the west and specifically britian.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I don't think it's just a Muslim issue, they are just the current "bogeyman" presented for us to focus on. There are other communities within the greater community that remain closed and follow their own ethnic/religious paths and do little to integrate into our society, but expect the benefits that living within our society offer.
This is true of many Asian and African groups especially, but can also include many or the more recent Eastern European groups who now make up a large proportion of immigrants to the UK.
I am certainly no flag waving patriot, this just happens to be the country I was born in and in which I reside. I have travelled a lot over the years and always try to fit in and adhere to local laws or customs wherever I go. After all, I am a guest in those countries that I visit and would not expect them to change their ways to suit my own beliefs or views.

As I may have hinted at in an earlier post, the only conclusion I can come up with right now is that the current problems, being whipped up and, to some extent distorted, by the media are by design. To what end I do not know but certainly our dear leaders are doing nothing to stop it, no matter what the majority of people may think and expect them to do to nip these issues in the bud.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think they should make it fair, bring back communist and Fascist ideology back, Roman law and Middle Ages law that the UK had once. We have to accommodate for other splinter group wannabies too at some point.

I think the Satanists, witches, pagans and vampire rights should be equally heard and considered.

We should keep our constitution as it was, a few Christian values do no harm but we should make it illegal for other groups that threaten Democracy for what it stands for illegal, meaning we don't get Hitler types changing their ways mid way to rid of basic human rights. Political correctness is a way of denying Jesus and his words of truth (fiction or fact- it still has meaning) for atheist thinking and allowing more extreme measures to deal with the mess they created on the populations social behaviour and weakness in relaxed immigration laws. We should allow foreigners to immigrate but not change the law, the UK evolved past all this and are now setting them selves back to their barbaric past. But a Godless government is so easily slain to the Devil (if people believe this) and you end up with something far worse in the end - let the communists, Fascists, and decapitating laws come in place I am sure they will agree to their political correctness for those who want to address it.

[edit on 30-11-2006 by The time lord]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
An entirely shoddy and intentionally alarmist piece of reporting made all the more unpleasant by the fact that there are some serious issues that are worthy of concern.

Two things stood out to me about the Daily Express report in partiular:

1. The use of a photograph of a woman wearing a full veil at the top of the page despite the fact that this has absolutely no relevance to the report whatsoever. Presumably it was intended to drum home the point of the supposed threat to British society from Muslims by using a graphic portrayal of the subjugation of women and that "threatening" image of the veiled face.

2. The immediate description of Sharia as the law which "allows people to be stoned to death, beheaded or have their limbs amputated", before it goes on to clarify that the particular case being discussed was resolved between the parties by payment of compensation after an admission of guilt, (not a single stone thrown or limb lost), and after the Police had agreed not to proceed as is often the case where no formal complaint is made.

What has actually happened here is that two parties have sat down and agreed to compensate a victim for an assault. How often have we heard members of the mainstream white British community bemoaning the passing of the day when communities would deal with yobs themselves with a clip round the ear or through the certain knowledge that a miscreants parents would hand out the appropriate punishment for their antisocial actions? Yet here is a similar process being seen through and immediately there is a barrage of criticism. Hypocrisy, - you bet.

Today it is common for legal disputes inthe UK to be settled through negotiation or a formal process of mediation which may result in the payment of compensation to resolve a matter, the agreement is legally enforceable and respected by all parties as well as the legal profession. So what is different about this case?

Well, apart from the obvious fact that this was matter between Muslims, (who the Daily Express helpfully reminds us are black people who wear veils and cut each others limbs off), not very much. The most important issue is the comment that the laws of the Somali culture are more important to one of the individuals concerned than the laws of the UK.

Now that is dangerous talk and should be the thrust of the story. Instead we have yet another thinly veiled attack on immigrants in general and Muslims in particular with the clear implication that they are above the law of the UK and exempt from our system of legally enforced justice, all of which is arrant nonsense.

If a complaint had been made to the police they would have prosecuted, instead a great deal of time and money was saved and a satisfactory solution found, a process which would equally be available to a white "anglo-saxon" community. If the perpetrators had been serial offenders they would have been prosecuted, and rightly so. If the "court" had acted unlawfully by demanding a punishment that was in itself illegal then the perpetrators of that act would have been prosecuted.

What actually happened was that a community took responsibility for the actions of its own members, good for them.

[edit on 30-11-2006 by timeless test]

[edit on 30-11-2006 by timeless test]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Director

There seems to be a undercurrent in England (note, England not Britain) of people – like myself – who have become quite nationalistic. More and more people are becoming very dissatisfied with the way in which British culture and society gets trodden on by those who are so eager not to offend the minorities. The English are also annoyed that people in Scotland get on average £1,500 more spent per person on services. A good example is that there are drugs available on the NHS in Scotland that England can’t afford. Also, Scottish MP’s can also vote on matters in London on decisions that effect everywhere except Scotland. A lot of people are also seeing that our friendship with the US is rather one sided. This has led to a rise in popularity of the British National Party which is very right wing as well as the (much less right wing) United Kingdom Independence Party.

In short, the English (I don’t know about the Welsh) are fed up of having their culture trodden over, pockets picked by Gordon Brown and having less money spent on services. Problem is there are only a few who are willing to stand up and speak out.

I'm a Welshy and I'm behind you 100% (not in the biblical sense). I think the UK is a seriously f**ked up place to be living in right now. We are constantly being watched, to the point where I can't go anywhere without seeing a camera pointed at me.

We as UK citizens are being trodden all over by our government. And with immigration law being practically non-existant, anyone is free to stroll in a start reaping the benefits.

Imagine if Turkey became an EU member?! A mostly Muslim population! Where would they come? The UK - look what happened when Poland and the Eastern block countries got in.

We are only a few months (years at the most) away from a mass influx of Muslims - who will demand their own rights.

This sharia law is an absolute farse, and the only reason why it is slowly being allowed is because anyone who speaks against the islam faith and muslims is instantly tagged as a racist.

We are white, british, and screwed.

Go BNP all the way.

(I used to vote LibDem!)

***just a little note - Religion and Law should NOT be mixed. Especially in a 'multi-cultural' society. It's bad enough that Mosques are being built (I think they're hideous and I certainly wouldn't approve planning permission!). If I was to go over to the Middle East and attempt to build a church, and request that I'm different therefore I should have a different Law, I'm sure I'd be stoned to death.

If Muslims could simply fit in with our culture rather than trying to separate themselves from us, this country would be a better place.

[edit on 30-11-2006 by morgansolutions]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I'm a Welshy and I'm behind you 100% (not in the biblical sense). I think the UK is a seriously f**ked up place to be living in right now. We are constantly being watched, to the point where I can't go anywhere without seeing a camera pointed at me.

We as UK citizens are being trodden all over by our government. And with immigration law being practically non-existant, anyone is free to stroll in a start reaping the benefits.

Imagine if Turkey became an EU member?! A mostly Muslim population! Where would they come? The UK - look what happened when Poland and the Eastern block countries got in.

We are only a few months (years at the most) away from a mass influx of Muslims - who will demand their own rights.

This sharia law is an absolute farse, and the only reason why it is slowly being allowed is because anyone who speaks against the islam faith and muslims is instantly tagged as a racist.

We are white, british, and screwed.

Go BNP all the way.

Well said morgansolutions, lets put it in perspective these people(muslims) make up about 3% of the population it will be a cold day in hell before any thing like a sharia court is introduced in the UK. Why? because by my reckoning over 30% of the people in the UK would quite happily herd these people into a gas chamber, I know, I know what a horrible thing to say, but think about this would you consider that most Germans around in the 1930's were evil, either way the Jews and the Gypsies got Holocausted(is that a word).

So IMO don't you think that with enough justification we aren't going to come down on them please calm down people and give them enough rope to hang themselves.
Some people have far to much faith in non muslims people putting up with this.

Oh yeah the UK is most definetly a (messed) up place.

[edit on 30-11-2006 by aspectwarrior]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edited out expletive

[edit on 30/11/06 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Aspectwarrior...

We are second class citizens

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
If Turkey gets EU membership, then this country is finished as a nation.

They will flood here in their hundreds of thousands, and this nation will fracture along religiouse lines as the pakistanis and other islamic peoples will unite to try and rip an independant nation out of the UK...

and the turks will be the foot soldiers for the drive to seperation, as their massive numbers will make the Polish immigration problem look like a bed of roses.

I'll go dig out the figures, because its startling - The Gov for the Poles said 60 K would come at max... we got 600 k at the last count.

Now, the Gov predict 1 MILLION turks would look at moving to the uk and bring 'prosperity' with them....

oh dear the old UK is in a pickle all right.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
TimelessTest - great post!

Thanks for cutting right to the heart of the matter. Of course Sharia should not supplant British Law, but (where there's no conflict) it could supplement it. Using Sharia rules in informal negotiations, where both parties consent, is little different from using arbitration rather than the courts. We already have laws that govern things like stoning. Anyone who tries that little number is likely to be charged with (at the very least) causing Actual Bodily Harm, and Sharia will not be allowed as a defence or even a plea in mitigation.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I think it would be a mistake for the EU to grant admission to Turkey.

That most likely would be the final death knell to European society as we know it.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
TimelessTest - great post!

Thanks for cutting right to the heart of the matter. Of course Sharia should not supplant British Law, but (where there's no conflict) it could supplement it. Using Sharia rules in informal negotiations, where both parties consent, is little different from using arbitration rather than the courts. We already have laws that govern things like stoning. Anyone who tries that little number is likely to be charged with (at the very least) causing Actual Bodily Harm, and Sharia will not be allowed as a defence or even a plea in mitigation.

Thats only because the current majority wouldnt allow it. Dont you see? if the majority shifts, so does the law.

but, do what you want.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Dont you see? if the majority shifts, so does the law.

That sounds an awful lot like a democracy to me.

[edit on 1-12-2006 by timeless test]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join