It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucifer/Satan is a friend and guide to all.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering

Originally posted by laiguana
Hell is supposed to be nice and hot and it's #ing cold here. So I don't think this is hell...
And do people really think heaven is full of puffy clouds? Like would everyone in heaven be like a carebear? I did like the carebears, but the carebears are friends of Lucifer too.

If carebears are friends of Lucifer then they are the ENEMY of Christ. I would call my fellow Christians together and kill carebears for Jesus.

Halelluia brother!

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
You better watch out....Those carebears have laser beams coming out of their bellies...far more advanced than any of your petty human weaponary.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
I know you're evil tricks laiguana.

[edit on 30-11-2006 by thehumbleone]

That is a great pic!! Nice to see a church shouting out the truth!

I am sorry though to have to disagree with the author here.
If you feel any kind of relationship/friendship with Satan you are in for a big shock. The deceiver deceives, you are nothing to him at all, you are a pawn to be used and discarded. Be very careful.

I just wonder, how many people have ever come face to face with satan and have to call on GOD because he and his entourage are attacking your very life force...

hmmm? I am quite sure, when you experience you wont have the same views you have now.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I always hated angels I think they're all full of # and I think Lucifer did a good job at telling his master to # off. Does anyone else think he did a good job?

Yes. John Milton did. He couldn't possibly admit it to himself, being a Christian and all, but he certainly gave Lucifer all the best bits in Paradise Lost. Blake said Milton was 'of the Devil's party without knowing it'.

High on a throne of royal state, which far
Outshone the wealth or Ormus and of Ind,
Or where the gorgeous East with richest hand
Showers on her kings barbaric pearl and gold,
Satan exalted sat, by merit raised
To that bad eminence; and, from despair
Thus high uplifted beyond hope, aspires
Beyond thus high, insatiate...

Here's Satan on the topic of acknowledging Jesus' lordship:

...Satan to his royal seat
High on a hill, far blazing, as a mount
Raised on a mount, with pyramids and towers
From diamond quarries hewn, and rocks of gold;
The palace of great Lucifer, (so call
That structure in the dialect of men
Interpreted,) which not long after, he
Affecting all equality with God,
In imitation of that mount whereon
Messiah was declared in sight of Heaven,
The Mountain of the Congregation called;
For thither he assembled all his train,
Pretending so commanded to consult
About the great reception of their King,
Thither to come, and with calumnious art
Of counterfeited truth thus held their ears.
"Thrones, Dominations, Princedoms, Virtues, Powers;
If these magnifick titles yet remain
Not merely titular, since by decree
Another now hath to himself engrossed
All power, and us eclipsed under the name
Of King anointed, for whom all this haste
Of midnight-march, and hurried meeting here,
This only to consult how we may best,
With what may be devised of honours new,
Receive him coming to receive from us
Knee-tribute yet unpaid, prostration vile!
Too much to one! but double how endured,
To one, and to his image now proclaimed?
But what if better counsels might erect
Our minds, and teach us to cast off this yoke?
Will ye submit your necks, and choose to bend
The supple knee? Ye will not, if I trust
To know ye right, or if ye know yourselves
Natives and sons of Heaven possessed before
By none; and if not equal all, yet free,
Equally free; for orders and degrees
Jar not with liberty, but well consist.
Who can in reason then, or right, assume
Monarchy over such as live by right
His equals, if in power and splendour less,
In freedom equal? or can introduce
Law and edict on us, who without law
Err not? much less for this to be our Lord,
And look for adoration, to the abuse
Of those imperial titles, which assert
Our being ordained to govern, not to serve..."

Plenty more where those came from.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777

Originally posted by thehumbleone
I know you're evil tricks laiguana.

[edit on 30-11-2006 by thehumbleone]

That is a great pic!! Nice to see a church shouting out the truth!

I am sorry though to have to disagree with the author here.
If you feel any kind of relationship/friendship with Satan you are in for a big shock. The deceiver deceives, you are nothing to him at all, you are a pawn to be used and discarded. Be very careful.

I just wonder, how many people have ever come face to face with satan and have to call on GOD because he and his entourage are attacking your very life force...

hmmm? I am quite sure, when you experience you wont have the same views you have now.

Thank you for the support NJE777.

Pick up the cross and do the Lord's bidding brother!

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
For the record, Lucifer was a Babylonian king and comes out of the 14th chapter of Isaiah:

How you have fallen from heaven,
O star of the morning, son of the dawn!
You have been cut down to the earth,
You who have weakened the nations!
13"But you said in your heart,
'I will ascend to heaven;
I will raise my throne above the stars of God,
And I will sit on the mount of assembly
In the recesses of the north.
14'I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High.'
15"Nevertheless you will be thrust down to Sheol,
To the recesses of the pit.

It is actually the King James version that uses the word "Lucifer" in place of "star of the morning" which, in latin, according to Jerome's Latin Vulgate, means star of the morning.

So, um, Annie, you've taken on one of the names of a conquoring Babylonian king...

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Astyanax

That poetry really moved me for some reason...

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Astyanax

That poetry really moved me for some reason...

Hardly surprising -- Milton isn't considered the greatest English poet after Shakespeare for nothing.

Why not give the whole of Paradise Lost a shot? It's long (hundreds of pages) and frankly it's no page-turner (Dr. Johnson said that 'none who finished it ever wished it longer') but it is, frankly, magnificent. And you don't need to hurry through it: it's been around since 1667 and it isn't going anyplace.

If you've ever found the image of Eve being tempted by a snake a little hard to swallow, you should try Milton's description. His Eve is a real sexpot, too. Here's a link to Book 8 of Paradise Lost, which contains the scene in question, naked rosy Mother of Mankind and all. Enjoy.

To other thread participants, my apologies for wandering so far off-topic.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
It is actually the King James version that uses the word "Lucifer" in place of "star of the morning" which, in latin, according to Jerome's Latin Vulgate, means star of the morning.

Even though - what Jerome left for us compared to what Jerome really understood manifests a great difference - he was far greater of a scholar than the Holy See could tolerate. Lucky for them, his passion and faith outweighed his love for the books (alas for us!).

Even indirectly, though - he WAS correct but somehow it is just not understood.

So, um, Annie, you've taken on one of the names of a conquoring Babylonian king...

Um, yeah, Jake, I'm aware of this...totally. It wasn't like a random pick or even a quick pick....i didn't ever pick much of anything other than my nose!

And not just 'one of the' but THE conquering Babylonian King....the 'Original Wolfman': Nebuchadnezzar (means: 'Nebo protect the crown' and also 'tears and groaning of judgment')

Therein lies the great peculiar mystery (the revelation of His strange work) of El Elyon, our mighty God:

For the LORD shall rise up as in mount Perazim, he shall be wroth as in the valley of Gibeon, that he may do his work, his strange work; and bring to pass his act, his strange act. ~Isaiah 28:21

wolves, men, servants, slaves, branches, and roots...
kings in drag, queens with beards, riddle boxes, and tombs...
kingdoms rising and falling and ultimately restored to everlasting establishment...
wars, conquests, and genocide and oppression of certain peoples...
christs and anti-christs and pharaohs and whores...

Hint: if there had been automobiles in the days of Assyrian global domination....old King Neb would've drove a VW Beetle round about the lion-guarded gates of Babylon! And would have left it for inheritance to his beautiful niece, Queen Vashti (later beheaded by Xerxes and replaced with Esther).

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Even indirectly, though - he WAS correct but somehow it is just not understood.

I'm very confused by what you mean in the first paragraph, but in regards to Jerome being correct, you're right, he was. At the time he wrote that, the word lucifer was used to refer in latin to the morning star, which is the planet Venus. It is odd, however, that the King James version of the Bible would translate most words into english with the exception of that one, which it left in latin.

A more mundane example would be if I were translating something from Spanish, and I translate a sentence to, "Aqua came over him and he was washed clean." If you didn't know any Spanish, you might think Aqua was a name for a drink, maybe a kind of soap, maybe something completely different, when, in fact, all it is saying is water washed him clean.

And not just 'one of the' but THE conquering Babylonian King....
Therein lies the great peculiar mystery (the revelation of His strange work) of El Elyon, our mighty God:

Again, I don't follow...Are you saying God told you to change your name to include a name of the king who conquored God's people?

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
I'm very confused by what you mean in the first paragraph, but in regards to Jerome being correct, you're right, he was. At the time he wrote that, the word lucifer was used to refer in latin to the morning star, which is the planet Venus. It is odd, however, that the King James version of the Bible would translate most words into english with the exception of that one, which it left in latin.

Not as odd as translating Hebrew to Greek to Latin to English! Or however it went - it was needlessly convoluted (first off), tainted with political rivalries in the 'church' (secondly) and then it was anyone's guess after that.

A more mundane example would be if I were translating something from Spanish, and I translate a sentence to, "Aqua came over him and he was washed clean." If you didn't know any Spanish, you might think Aqua was a name for a drink, maybe a kind of soap, maybe something completely different, when, in fact, all it is saying is water washed him clean.

Valid point...and since I grew up amidst the Mexican culture where I live - I also know that when there is no equivalent word - the word is left as is (either in Spanish or English)...
For instance, one time on the Radio I heard the DJ speaking about (was it) McGuire and Sosa's race for the most home runs...when he got to the word 'home runs' he said 'home runnays' which is really just a little hispanic twist on the English word left as is...we all got a really good laugh out of that one..but maybe you see the point.

Furthermore...Heylel is a proper name...not just a 'word.' Most all places in the Bible (and also here in New Mexico again) when a proper name is not translatable...it is left as is....

Like Tercero or Ildefonso or Epifanio...
and also Abiathar or Ishmael or Pekahiah...

Why not just leave Heylel as Heylel?

Again, I don't follow...Are you saying God told you to change your name to include a name of the king who conquered God's people?

God didn't tell me to change my name! :shk: Where DO you come up with these things? JK.

My birth certificate clearly proclaims that my name, since birth, is Lucretia Ann.

It was my grandmother's name:
Lucretia (Latin: 'brings light') Dilks (Scandinavian: 'lamb')

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join