It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamofascists Disembowel, Draw and Quarter school teacher !!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
MAYBE they aren't islamofascists

maybe they're just crazy people that use islam as their justification for oppression

there are people like that of all faiths

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Can you title a thread without the use of the term 'islamofascist'?
You appear to suffer from a phobia.
Too bad you didnt grow up in the land of the free and the home of the brave, like me, because I dont fear 'islamofascists'.

Why should he, Islamofascist is the word that the government
spent millions of dollars to decide upon to call them.

As I suppose you mean America, well this country is hardly
the land of the free or the brave.

As to the topic, I think it's horrible, and something definately
needs to be done about it, perhaps capturing the murderers,
and putting there corpses on sticks infront of the largest mosque
in the area.

[edit on 11/30/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
..... America, well this country is hardly the land of the free or the brave.

Yes it is.

Obviously YOU are enjoying FREE speech right now .. thanks to BRAVE people over the past 200+ years who have fought and died for your freedom.

I would think that people would be happy that the author of this thread said 'Islamofascist' instead of 'Islamics'. That shows a difference between those who want to be left alone to practice Islam and those who are terroristic facist-islamics.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This is rich guys, really it is!

Some guy is disembowled and torn to pieces for teaching girls and we are having a debate with the collaborators about the use of the term "Islamofascists."

Well they are islamic and they are quuite fascist, I think the name suits them just fine.

however, I would like to use the term "collaborator" in place of "apologists."

[edit on 30-11-2006 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Yes, I have heard the "by association" argument too. But aren't the purpetrators making the association? Isn't this being done under the guise of Islam? Even if it's a
corrupted version?

While that is certainly true, the main reason why I am so opposed to the two terms I mentioned before is that it breeds more ignorance of the religion. And as long as it is repeated over and over again there will be less enlightened individuals who fall into the "guilt-by-association" trap.

I mean think about it -- how many people would actually click on the Wikipedia link about Islamofascism on the previous page to read the definition? How many would actually understand what the term means without reading the definition? How many would make their own assumptions based on what they know of the two words the term is comprised of? Better yet, how many would see the word "Islam" and "Fascism" side by side and make that subliminal connection that I think is not very subtle?

But please note I'm not trying to stop you from using the term. I'm just discouraging it.

The other reason is reflected exactly in the following sentiment:

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

[...] they're just crazy people that use islam as their justification for oppression

there are people like that of all faiths

Edit to add another reply:

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
This is rich guys, really it is!

Some guy is disembowled and torn to pieces for teaching girls and we are having a debate with the collaborators about the use of the term "Islamofascists."

Well they are islamic and they are quuite fascist, I think the name suits them just fine.

however, I would like to use the term "collaborator" in place of "apologists."

[edit on 30-11-2006 by XphilesPhan]

A man was brutalized for doing something that was noble. Anyone from a civilized society would know this to be wrong, wrong, wrong. What more is there to discuss? So instead of letting this thread become another seething pile of hate and insults, I figured why not try to make something positive out of it?

Hey if you want to consider me a collaborator via guilt-by-association, that's your choice. It won't make me lose any sleep.

[edit on 30-11-2006 by Beachcoma]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
That's two posts in a row with the word "Islamofascist" in the title. I looked at your threads, boy, are you obsessed with these guys.

And you know what? I actually think that this incident is a savage and primitive thing to have done. Happy now?

Ok,I looked at your posts and you seem obsessed with defending them. You also seem to go out of your way to to bad mouth the US. and Israel. I don't understand how some can hate so much that all they do is look to embarrass the US. Maybe going there was a mistake,but we are there,that can't be changed now. I might not agree with Iraq policy,but I don't hope the US loses there either. I also believe that the US is better than the terrorists or Iran. Both now seem to have their eyes on Iraq. Iran has been supplying arms to the terrorists in Iraq for some time.Ahmadinejad is a islamonazi wanting to exterminate the jews,I have no doubt given the chance he would do it.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm nomally a moderate who doesn't like to see generalized deamonisation of Islamics bandied about (especially by those who have proven time and time again to have NO understanding of these people).

HOWEVER, in the case of the Taliban (a group that rose to power under the wing of the US/CIAand is now a clear and proven threat to humanity), I'm much less moderate.

The Taliban is a sick and twisted group that uses their Islamic "faith" as an excuse to do horrible things. Their version of Islam has NOTHING to do with the millions of followers of Islam.

Imagine if David Koresh had been funded to successfully overthrow the government of Texas then broke away from the rest of the US. Give them about 10 years and you'd likely see a simular state of affairs in this new Texas than we have in Taliban controled Afganistan.

Would you then blame all Christian for this? Would you rage on about Christofacists and how they are threat to the world? Or would you recognize that it's a perversion of faith by a sub-group that needs steping on?

There's no excuse for the actions of the Taliban. There's no reason to allow their continued existence.

There's also no excuse for using them as a scapegoat to spread fearmongery about all Islamics.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Why this person was killed for teaching is pathetic. Those killers are not human, and are hiding behind a religon to be murderers.

I really do not like the term Islamofascists, as it seems to bunch a whole religon to me.

But on the other hand, it is perfectly safe of certain posters with strong anti USA views to post thread titles similar all the time. I guess it is only fair, if those threads are to be accepted.

I don't really like both extreme ways to bait a thread on a serious issue.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well, we here in the Western world can stand proud and tall and tell people that we never burned anyone at the steak, stoned them to death, threw them into pits with wild animals for sport and tortured and killed people for heresey and witchcraft, can't we?

Oh yes, these days we're much more civilised with our drive by shootings, crack houses, corporate murder, wars for oil, torturing of prisoners and tolerance of other faiths and insistence that our way is the right way no matter what the history and culture of a region might be, bringing democracy by bullet and smart bombing from stand off positions in stealth planes at 30,000ft.

Now I'm NOT - most definitely NOT condoning the actions of the people that did this. What I am saying is that we have been, and still are to a lot of extents, just as bad.

And as America is currently being run by what you can only describe as Macarthyite Christofacists who believe in spreading only their version of fearmongering and corporate religion, it does make me wonder where all this labelling is going to stop.

Maybe we should have a labelling contest?

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
For teaching girls huh?
What a horrible crime, educating women.
Teach a girl, get disembowelled. Sick.

The term Islamofascism has nothing to do with phobia of anything.
I think it's a fitting term. It's an authoritarian RELIGIOUS/POLITICAL philosophy.

Except... it is in no related to anything.. Fascist?

Most Middle Eastern / Islamic countries are theocracies. When you have a religion, and you take the most extreme views of that religion and apply that to your motives, you then an extremist, or a fundamentalist. In these guys case, they fight for the laws of Islam, and are there for theocratic in nature, as well as fundamentalist in belief. There is no such word as islamofascist. Doesn't make sense?

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Well, we here in the Western world can stand proud and tall and tell people that we never burned anyone at the steak, stoned them to death, threw them into pits with wild animals for sport and tortured and killed people for heresey and witchcraft, can't we?

Umm....

Many American colonists brought with them from Europe a belief in witches and a fascination with alleged conspiracies with the devil. During the seventeenth century, people were executed for witchcraft throughout the colonies, especially in Massachusetts. Many of the accused were women, prompting some recent historians to suggest that charges of witchcraft were a way of controlling women who threatened the existing economic and social order. In 1692 the famous Salem, Massachusetts, witchcraft trials took place, and that summer hundreds of wpe14.jpg (2635 bytes)people in the colony were arrested.

Source
Yeah, that was a long time ago, but you did use the word "never".

Christians are responcible for a hell of alot of horrible acts historicly... including the Crusades which managed to forever infuse Islam with a good dose of Christian resentment.

Thankfully, most Christen zelots have been reigned in these days.
Other than Mr. Bush, of cource. His fundementalist return to Crusading is a very notable exception.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
the plan is to get you guys calling them fascists believing they fit that description. If you believe they are fascists, then the person who calls america fascist must be wrong. If islamic terrorists are fascists, then obviously america cant be. America and the terrorists are opposites.

They are just playing a mind game with you. Call them a fascist, because if we can convince you they are fascists, we convince you that we aren't at the same time.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
These are just plain sick people this has nothing to do with religion. Who in their mind could actually sit there and slit a persons sttomach open until their guts spill out and then rip a human apart immediately following.

This is our own fault. If we hadn't wasted our resources in a place where they were not necessary and concentrated our efforts where they should have been the whole time which was Afghanistan , then these people would not have escaped and they would not have returned. Instead we wasted Billions of dollars , hundreds of thousands of innocent lives, thousands of our own childrens lives before we even accomplished our task in the first task we chose to take on in Afghanistan...and I might add..still no friggin Osama after all this time as well.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
the Crusades which managed to forever infuse Islam with a good dose of Christian resentment.

LOL your so full of it, that statement represents your views not Islams.

Unlike you i wont pretend to represent the feelings of Muslims, but i would imagine the vast majority of Muslims dont hold grudges for Wars of virtually a millenium ago. And if they do it demonstrates the hopelessness of the problems much of the world faces doesnt it ?

And yes its a real word people !!!!

The word is recognized by the New Oxford American Dictionary, defining it as "a controversial term equating some modern Islamic movements with the European fascist movements of the early twentieth century".

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

This is our own fault.

Great.

Another member of the blame America for everything set shows up.

Once again you are wrong in where you are placing blame. These barbarians were doing this kind of thing years before they even knew there was a Western Hemisphere! Try picking someone else to blame for a change. Or how about just this once?

And for the poster above that "was just trying to find something positive in all this".
(triple duhs for you)
You know, it isn't always possible to put a positive spin on everything that happens. Why you would even try on something like this is almost pathological.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I am not going to say I support drawing and quartering... but I would like to add some perspective...

Consider the possibility that teaching girls algebra leads to women having 9-5 jobs working for the corporation.

Consider the possibility that what you call education is actually indoctrination into NWO neo-capitalism.

Consider the fact that in America... where women are educated, and hold high degrees there is no one home with children. Both parents work AWAY from the home; at the corporation for the man. With a 10 gallon per week commute each.

Under the Taliban, women are at home with their children.

Under the Bush Administration; back here in the states, children are at home with cable and video games or off at daycare.

Some still believe that there is a distinct role for men and there is a distinct role for women.

I am one of them,

Sri Oracle

link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

And for the poster above that "was just trying to find something positive in all this".

Im the poster above and i dont get what you mean ?

Please explain.

link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Great.

Another member of the blame America for everything set shows up.

Once again you are wrong in where you are placing blame. These barbarians were doing this kind of thing years before they even knew there was a Western Hemisphere! Try picking someone else to blame for a change. Or how about just this once?

And another denial of responsibility from you. We are there and we should have taken these guys out a long time ago instead of increasing troops into Iraq and decreasing in Afghanistan. You did notice these are Taliban and that the town in which this happened was in Afghanistan don't you? We let them get away and as soon as the passes opened up they came right back down the mountain. We also allowed their leader to escape as well or have your forgotten the little Mullah that got away?

BTW THese are the guys who WERE running terrorist training camps and WHO WERE shielding Al-Queda and WHO WERE hosting the OBL himself. I guess you might have overlooked that little fact. maybe we were too busy worrying about Natural gas contracts to worry about the Taliban. Its just easier to sit there and critisize another religion then it is to critisize our own mistakes.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
I am not going to say I support drawing and quartering... but I would like to add some perspective...

Consider the possibility that teaching girls algebra leads to women having 9-5 jobs working for the corporation.

Consider the possibility that what you call education is actually indoctrination into NWO neo-capitalism.

Consider the fact that in America... where women are educated, and hold high degrees there is no one home with children. Both parents work AWAY from the home; at the corporation for the man. With a 10 gallon per week commute each.

Under the Taliban, women are at home with their children.

Under the Bush Administration; back here in the states, children are at home with cable and video games or off at daycare.

Some still believe that there is a distinct role for men and there is a distinct role for women.

I am one of them,

Sri Oracle

Youre kidding right ? Today is April 1st ?

You loosely justify the murderous ways of the Islamofascist Taliban because you are a sexist ?

The West has something called Freedom of Choice, and you somehow think that Educating people makes them go and become Workers instead of Housemums !! wtf is wrong with you.

There is literally 100s of millions of Uneducated people working in this world.

And 100s of Millions of Educated Mums whom CHOOSE to stay home raising a family !

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Couldn't they have just burnt the books?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join