It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't accept hell

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Why must there be a hell?

Do you think it's just that someone who lived a 60+ year life should suffer for all eternity just for not believing?

Please help me understand.
[edit on 29-11-2006 by thehumbleone]

People choose to go to hell by rejecting Christ. If someone hears about Christ and says, "I want to wait on my decision." That is a choice, a choice of rejecting Jesus and salvation. They have made a decision at that moment, hopefull they will have more oportunities to hear and make the right choice.

People once born, live for all eternity, even after death. Their state is fixed at death. God has set up a timetable to bring the present situation of a sinful earth to an end, so that an eternity of righteousness will be ushered in. Once that begins anyone who has chosen to reamin and keep there sin will keep it for all eterntiy and that will exclude them from living in the universe to come. There will be no sin or suffering in it , so that means they cannot be in it.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well folks, I had hoped to encourage some with the good news (from actual scriptures) that, despite what we've all been told in that "good ol' time religion", that there is no place of eternal torment. It's obviously not being received (or even considered for debate). I like swapping unsubstantiated opinions as much as the next person but I think I'll bow out of this wank-fest and see if there are any intelligent discussions going on in ATS. Best of luck to all.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
[edit on 21-12-2006 by wildcat]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Sorry, mods I intended that last post of mine to be a thread. I would like you to move it into a thread if you can do that please.

Or I guess I'll do it.

[edit on 21-12-2006 by wildcat]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join