It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I disagree about the MASS panic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I think that in todays MESSED UP world, a world where people have no hope of things improving, a world of violence and wars, a world where WE KNOW we're constantly being used and lied to, that if the truth about the existence of other intelligent life forms visiting our planet were to be revealed to us there would be NO MASS panic. Some anxiety, and SOME panic would surely be expected, but not on the scale that the government insists would be the reason for their withholding.

I think that after the initial release of disclosure, the majority of the earths population would experience a spiritual awakening. A sort of "kick in the pants" that there is hope and promise that we're not limited to THIS RAT RACE existence. An existence where actually EXPERIENCING life is almost impossible. Trust me. We weren't put on this planet to see who could make the most money, buy the fastest car, build the most devastating weapon or rise to the highest ranks of power.

That's why we're not MATURE enough for the EBEs to make their presence outright known to everyone. We're living an almost useless existence. I'm sure we as a species have SOMETHING to offer......It's just gonna take a while to find it in ourselves.

Anyhow.....that's one mans thoughts.

One Love.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Great post.

People have been curious for decades and we want answers. Can we handle the truth ? Well I agree with you...for all the reasons you stated...we are all seeking something better than what we are currently confronted with on a daily world basis.

We can handle the truth.

There are too many riddles and enigmas that need to be explained and the average Joe Bloggs is not as stupid or complacent as our governments would like us to be.

If extra terrestrial life forms (or insert description of your choice) meant us harm I feel they would have made themselves known by now. I think they observe us and are saddened by our behaviour.

I am really excited and hope that I am still alive when we finally make contact and all is revealed to mankind.

In Peace Always
resi

[edit on 29-11-2006 by resistancia]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I'd have to agree for the most part. In the days of Orson Welles' infamous hoax "The War of the Worlds", most people were not as educated or informed on the matters of space, aliens, and ufo's. Hence, the mass panic that ensued over that "event".

These days, through forums like this, mass media, movies, documentaries, etc., people have become more aware of the possibilities of one day being visited by extraterrestrial beings.

But as to whether or not any kind of disclosure will ever happpen (unless there were no other choice) is another topic all unto itsfelf.

[edit on 11/29/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Great post MrChipps! I agree with your theory.

I do see some panic, but not on a scale that is going to cause worldwide riots in every city or anything like that. If nothing else, I think the world will just be too shocked at first to go berserk. I think most people would think wow, so what happens now? I definately think confusion and an interest to learn more would be the dominant feelings. And I agree with resistancia that if ET's wanted to harm us, they would have vaporized us by now.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Mass panic is not the reason why UFO info is kept secret.
Like everything else, its about money and power.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Exactly, and those are the FIRST and LAST two SAD examples I listed of why we're so underdeveloped. We've stunted our spiritual advancement and growth as a species because of our petty desires for both of those. There's SO much more to life than that, but we're blinded by our own selfishness and greed. For most of us, it's not our fault. It's the way we've been brought up in this world. But more and more people are slowly waking up and realizing our potential.

One Love

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
You have a very pessimistic outlook on life Mr. Chipps. I think you are wrong and as long as there are loving and caring people on this planet there is hope.

It's not our fault? What a crock of crap! You and I, we all have the ability to make choices in life. It's so easy to place blame and if you are selfish and greedy it's you that decides to either perpetuate it our not.

What's sad is the kind of outlook you have. It's a no hope, I'm going to sit back and continue this way of life until my "space brothers" come to save me outlook.

Maybe we could all start by taking responsibilty for our actions and then possibly thinking of others before ourselves. I don’t need an alien to teach me how to do that.

You should visit my church sometime; it's filled with hopeful and helpful Christians.

And let me clue you in, all those people you claim have no hope are going to be the first ones to panic. Think about it, if you had no hope which is usually coupled with a pessimistic attitude and aliens started falling out of the sky do you think that pessimism would suddenly turn around or get worse?

[edit on 30-11-2006 by jbondo]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
sodom
good post

but..
..like jbondo wrote, better don't wait till our "space brothers" land in front of the white house, because they are already here.
the problem is that not enough people are ready for contact.

just my 2 cents, but i know nothing...

sodom

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Whoa Jbondo! You need to calm down there! You got me ALL wrong. You're not looking at the big picture.

I'd like to see you try and quit the RAT RACE that we're all wrapped up in. Tell me you can quit going to work and begin to experience life without suffering and being beaten down because it's not the way "Society" thinks life should be experienced. We ARE FORCED to contribute to polution. We are constantly fed stereotypical images of people because they're different. There are TONS of things that we are bombarded with daily that force us to live a certain way. True we can make certain decisions to do things slightly different....but to vere to far form the way things ARE is all but impossible.

Sure there are plenty of hopeful people out there. But what about the person freezing to death and half starved living in a box in some alley. How much hope does he have? How much hope do the people in third world countrys have who are afraid to say what they feel while walking down the street because it could get them thrown in prison or worse?

I'm glad you're so hopeful and have all the answers. But not everyone on this planet is as fortunate as you.

And where did you get the idea that I'm just sitting here waiting for my STAR BROTHERS to come and save everyone? Where did get that information from? Because that is certainly NOT what I wrote about.

You have COMPLETLY misunderstood EVERYTHING I wrote about. I kinda feel sorry for you because you're looking past the true meaning and fabricating one to suit your views and feelings. Read with an open mind.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
MrChipps-

that there is hope and promise that we're not limited to THIS RAT RACE existence. An existence where actually EXPERIENCING life is almost impossible. Trust me. We weren't put on this planet to see who could make the most money, buy the fastest car, build the most devastating weapon or rise to the highest ranks of power.

I feel your frustration however this "rat race existence" surely beats the heck out of how people existed 1000 years ago... or even 100 years ago. It's not really that bad. Make the most of your time. I suggest buying a fast car. I'm not sure if you've ever owned a sports car, but they are quite fun (although not as fun as a saucer I'm sure). Anyways... things like "most money, fastest car, and devasting weapon" are a necessary part of the evolutionary process. You can't go straight from the horse and buggy to anti-gravity saucers. You have to climb the ladder.

jbondo-

I think you are wrong and as long as there are loving and caring people on this planet there is hope.

Actually while "loving and caring" might serve as helpful survival tools, they are not (to my knowledge) a requisite for an advanced civilization.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrChipps
Whoa Jbondo! You need to calm down there! You got me ALL wrong. You're not looking at the big picture.

I'd like to see you try and quit the RAT RACE that we're all wrapped up in. Tell me you can quit going to work and begin to experience life without suffering and being beaten down because it's not the way "Society" thinks life should be experienced. We ARE FORCED to contribute to polution. We are constantly fed stereotypical images of people because they're different. There are TONS of things that we are bombarded with daily that force us to live a certain way. True we can make certain decisions to do things slightly different....but to vere to far form the way things ARE is all but impossible.

Sure there are plenty of hopeful people out there. But what about the person freezing to death and half starved living in a box in some alley. How much hope does he have? How much hope do the people in third world countrys have who are afraid to say what they feel while walking down the street because it could get them thrown in prison or worse?

I'm glad you're so hopeful and have all the answers. But not everyone on this planet is as fortunate as you.

And where did you get the idea that I'm just sitting here waiting for my STAR BROTHERS to come and save everyone? Where did get that information from? Because that is certainly NOT what I wrote about.

You have COMPLETLY misunderstood EVERYTHING I wrote about. I kinda feel sorry for you because you're looking past the true meaning and fabricating one to suit your views and feelings. Read with an open mind.

I'm not excited in the least. I understood you perfectly and I think I’m pretty much on target.

You keep saying we are "forced" to live a certian way. Nobody is forcing me to do anything in my daily life. Quit my job and experience life? You mean cop out and become a dependant on others. Working is part of being a responsible member of society. The "rat race" you speak of is in your control. You are not being forced to live in a congested metropolis. I grew up in a small town where the only rat race was at the County Fair. So, what your suggesting is everyone should be able to just quit if they want to and lie around contenplating the universe whilst sucking on a stalk of wheat? Imagine if all the farmers did that or your local fire department decided they didn’t want to go to the fire.

If you don't want to contribute to pollution, ride a bike! If you don't want to see someone cold in an alley, bring them a blanket or take them in and assist them as we do at our church.

What do you think is going on in Iraq right now? It's called liberation my friend! No matter the motive of the liberators the people are being liberated none the less.

Furthermore, I didn't say you were sitting around waiting for your star brothers, I said it was your attitude and outlook. I repeat, maybe we could all start by taking responsibilty for our actions and then possibly thinking of others before ourselves.

Don't feel sorry for me because it looks as though you're too busy feeling sorry for yourself.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
"You have voted MrChipps for the Way Above Top Secret award."

The problem with the alien races just showing up, is that it will cement current popular, prejudiced beliefs about them. And worse, lend evidence to anything the leading governments make the publics believe about them next by more framing and slander.

Show up for all, they will, because they are going to have to- time is running short for humanity and we still have no welcome committee. So private education of the publics through willing individual humans is imperative in order for "we the people" to be able to make some kind of independent sense of what the other races are actually making contact for.

If anybody contributes to mass panic upon The Great Debut, it will only be by the manipulation of information perpetrated by those who desperately want to keep control to themselves of world power, money and the lucrative suffering of Earth and humanity.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Sister, I like your reply.

Jbondo, I'm glad you're you and I'm me.....cuz that's what keeps this world interesting. No hard feelings.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
MrChipps,i feel almost the exact same way you do.

jbondo doesnt see the big picture,and the reason why is because he doesnt put himself in somebody else shoes,and realize that this world is not as great as you like to believe.

Our society is groomed to act and be a certain way.Like why should a teenager be forced out of his home at 18.Family is important and we should all stick together no matter what.There are to many rules and standards not worth living by.

If you live a life focused around money.your are digging yourself a spiritual gave.There is nothing to gain frommoney but temporary pleasure.We could be here all day discussing why things are as messed up as they are,but we dont have to.

There is hope for the believers.The time is near for a change.You want disclosure? Well your going to get it ..in the shape of a giant planet racing across the sky,by the time its gone youll be were you need to be.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Thanks for understanding my meaning SonOfMan. I just feel that the world is SCREAMING for change. We know there's got to be a better way than the one we currently have......And damn it we're ready for it! More than that.....We deserve it, but there's a few bad apples ruining it for all of us. (the ones who are just waiting to use nuclear bombs or missiles, the ones brainwashing nations, the ones who will do anything to gain more fear and power.)

[edit on 30-11-2006 by MrChipps]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrChipps
I think that in todays MESSED UP world, a world where people have no hope of things improving, a world of violence and wars, a world where WE KNOW we're constantly being used and lied to, that if the truth about the existence of other intelligent life forms visiting our planet were to be revealed to us there would be NO MASS panic. Some anxiety, and SOME panic would surely be expected, but not on the scale that the government insists would be the reason for their withholding.

I think that after the initial release of disclosure, the majority of the earths population would experience a spiritual awakening. A sort of "kick in the pants" that there is hope and promise that we're not limited to THIS RAT RACE existence. An existence where actually EXPERIENCING life is almost impossible. Trust me. We weren't put on this planet to see who could make the most money, buy the fastest car, build the most devastating weapon or rise to the highest ranks of power.

That's why we're not MATURE enough for the EBEs to make their presence outright known to everyone. We're living an almost useless existence. I'm sure we as a species have SOMETHING to offer......It's just gonna take a while to find it in ourselves.

Anyhow.....that's one mans thoughts.

One Love.

Great, another person with an "all is lost" view of the world and doing nothing about it, and it sounds like you're waiting for anyone (other than yourself) to bail us out. I know that when my son was in college he would come home and touting the list of the world's ills collapse on the sofa in a close-minded sulk, saying that that's how it is, that's how it alway will be, that he could see no hope for the world. I would ask him what he's going to do about it? (No problems, only solutions is what I was brought up on and so was he until those professors got hold of him) and he would say what's the point, he couldn't change anything.

We would then get into a full out debate with me listing all the changes he could effect with his time and effort and here's just a few for brevity's sake: support term limits (no more professional politicians, only concerned citizens), no lobbyists allowed to visit with our reps at all, they should only be allowed to petition the same as the average citizen with no perks of any kind allowed), run for local offices for the changes he'd like to see in our community, stay in touch with his reps on the changes he would like to see, write them, call them, help in the community (education, homeless) , stay on top of proposed building projects and their impact on the environment, learn how to protect our waterways and contact the reps about it and vote accordingly...etc...there's a million different ways to effect change.

He is now a psychologist for a college and he visits at risk high schools and works with troubled teens there to help them finish high school and then to gain entry into college. Many troubled teens have been helped and are now not on the street selling crack, not unmarried with 6 kids on welfare, not in jail and they now have the tools they need to create the kind of lives for themselves that they would like to live, all due to his determination to make changes. And I have for many years helped with various problems, mainly the environmental ones.

What do you do to effect a change? And do you really believe that we are forced to live this way? It is the way We have allowed it to become, and only We can change it to a better course, but that won't happen with the sulking, "woe! all is lost" attitude that seems so prevalent today, y'all really need to wake up and start doin' something! Even if it's just email to your reps, at least that is something.

As for mass panic if the ETs make a public showing, I believe there would be a mass panic and that it would turn this world upside down for awhile. It would be nice to think that when they do show up they see that we have been addressing our problems and working to fix them, once again that will only happen if you do your part, whatever form that may take. Being good stewards of our planet is half of what we are given to do.

The other half, the spiritual awakening which is occurring right now is part of the equation also and I agree with you on this, it will go into high gear when they show themselves. It will probably cover the full spectrum of the various religions, cults and crazies to the extreme level for a time. (consider what the Scientologists would do). And then, after some time, when we've become acclimated to the new neighbors and things have settled down God will give us wisdom to make the right decisions and to handle the situation as he would want us to. Just my thoughts on this.

STM

[edit on 30-11-2006 by seentoomuch]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
one person cant change the world but a million can
we are trapped in a invisible prison
freedom THERE IS NO SUCH THING

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Well the issue is a convulted one.

On the one hand, people as a general rule, are hard pressed to accept change of the normal garden variety. Add something "alien" to them, and well, this would be a big problem. Panic? Well maybe not. But acceptance? Not likely, at least for awhile. It's during the interim that the real problems would surface.

We resist things that are different than us, but are usually accepting provided we feel we have the superior position (animals and pets come to mind). This would not be the case with Aliens capable of travelling here from somewhere else in the universe, and there's the first hurdle.

Some folks feel as if they have to be in charge no matter what. It's in their nature because they don't like the feeling of being at the mercy of anyone or anything else, at any level whatsoever. It's a natural reaction to some degree, but would be especially hard on leaders, who are accustomed to calling the shots and keeping the secrets. There's the second hurdle.

Add to this the dynamics of new dramatic bursts of knowledge of various kinds, the sudden change in technology, the dramatic reversals of several scientific, mathematic, medical and religious concepts. It would wreak havoc on every form of social order on the planet. There's the third hurdle.

The worst though, would be the guys in charge. It's been argued of late, that these people are the problem or those people are, or all people who do this thing or that thing are the problem, but when it gets right down to brass tacks, the real trouble makers are the ones you can't see, probably don't even know about, and they've been busy running the show for real from behind the human scene, not as members of the human race, but as overlords of it, if you will. if a new dynamic enters, a dynamic that can challenge that or even change it, these two groups will come to fisticuffs. And if we get drug into it somehow, which we may very well do since are, as a general rule, already on one side or another, the rest will be one big mess. Most of it prepared for ahead of time by sly spin-doctoring and finger pointing.

Personally, I would not panic. I'd just hug my kids, my hubby, contact my family members, pray and prepare for what would amount to apocalypse

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
SeenTooMuch, Why is it that most people (including you) are assuming that I am doing nothing about about the situation. You don't know me. You don't know what I do to help awaken people to the problems plaguing our society.

Your first sentence says I think the world is hopeless and I'm doing nothing about it. That I'm just waiting for someone to save us all. Don't assume things about me. THAT'S one thing that contributes to the ignorance of society. "Well it was Iraqi's who caused the terror on 9/11 so I'm just gonna assume that their ALL terrorists!" There's an example of how assumptions can be so drastically wrong. You have an ignorant way of absorbing information.

QUIT ASSUMING THINGS PEOPLE!

You make me laugh. You think that if I held a position in office that I could make some of the changes you listed in your reply? If it were THAT easy don't you think some other SMART and CARING individual would have done it by now? The politics are controlled by people who make sure things are done a certain way.....and they're not gonna change their way. That's why we're in this mess.

You honestly think it's that easy eh? You need to open your eyes man. Look behind the masks and fronts. It's ALL about money and power. People holding high enough positions in office to help others will only help themselves to gain more money and more power.

[edit on 1-12-2006 by MrChipps]

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Until you explain just what you’ve done, yes, I will assume you’ve done nothing. If you come forward and list a few, then yes, I would be wrong and would admit it, but with the understanding that you should have been more specific in your responses, name calling in a debate proves the caller’s points moot.

So assuming that you’ve done nothing and that you will keep the attitude you've got and that there are many more out there in a similar mindset, nothing will change. To prove you and the others wrong once again, here is an example of one way to bring about change by influencing a large group of people to action without having money or power, it follows;

Just this morning I was listening to a local radio station and they were interviewing a young man who is calling attention to some of the problems in this country and all it is costing is the price of some cardboard cut-outs and some smarts. He'll probably be interviewed on national news next week to explain his group's method. Now I’m not saying I agree with them or not, simply that he is trying to right a wrong that he perceives in our country.

It is a protest over the myth of the ACLU and that they really don't represent what the majority of Americans want. That they are using foreign laws and other similar means to take away our rights. This protest highlights some of the "victories" and "victories in progress" that the ACLU has claimed or is working on and his group wants to shock people into seeing what they have been allowing to happen, and that it is time to stand up for our country.

Their protest consists of a nativity scene (the words nativity scene are scratched through and instead it is titled "Solstice Barn", instead of Mary and Joseph it is Jerry and Joseph (to represent gay marriage), one of the shepherds is a terrorist (to show the ACLU's stance against the authorities keeping an eye on the most likely ones), the baby Jesus is not in the crib, it is empty (to show that Mary as a single mother and coming from a low socio-economic background would have been a prime candidate for abortion), the three wise men are the leaders who the ACLU base themselves on (Lenin, Marx and I think the last is Stalin), the angel is Nancy Pelosi (to represent the far left's relationship to the ACLU). Very clever, very controversial, and it makes a bold statement.

It will be set-up next Monday and Tuesday on the University of Texas's west campus. The radio stations are giving him free air time on his group's protest, the local TV stations will probably follow, and then when it opens next week he'll probably be on CNN, MSNBC, Fox (probably O'Reilly) and Newsweek magazine etc...etc...All with cardboard cut-outs, a marks-a-lot, and his mind. With the country’s full attention on them it is his groups’ hope that people will contact their reps and insist on a stronger stance in regards to these issues just as they did with the border problem which is now being addressed.

So now let’s look at your main complaint, money and power, that is the reason term limits would be a good change to work for. Less power is gained this way and therefore less under the table deals, less behind closed doors negotiations. I would suggest finding a group working for this change. If even now you are not convinced that it is possible to make a stand and with many people supporting you to bring about changes, well then, I give up, just go pound your keyboard into dust with all your “Woe All Is Lost” posts and look towards the sky.

STM

[edit on 1-12-2006 by seentoomuch]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join