It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are you Obsessed with Men who are Tall, Dark, and Handsome?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This is a question for females. Can you explain it Spiritually, or scientifically?

What would you say to a man that is short, light, and not-so-handsome?

If Hillary Clinton were elected President of the USA, would she change the name of the White House into the Tall, Dark, and Handsome House?

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I highly doubt the name of the White House would change, I really think Hilary might like the girls better than the boys, but anyhow...why...why??
There is something very attractive about a tall man -I have to admit...and who can resist handsome? But I don't think any woman is not gonna go for a guy no matter what he looks like if she really like him.

I always thought I would marry a guy that was at least 6 foot...6'2 would have been be even better....but I married a guy that was 5'8....and I'm 5'6. I don't think this should bother you, because I really don't think it's as big of an issue as you think! I think women like for men to be taller than them, and weigh more
Plus a tall man just makes you feel really protected...however... my husband is a firecracker when he get's pissed...so even that, is all in the man that you are, and not so stereo-typical.
Hope that helps...it's just my view
edit** spelling:bnghd:

[edit on 11/29/2006 by jensouth31]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Im not a female.. but I'd like to say that Jen's reply sounds reasonable.

I mean if a woman is much taller than her man it looks kind of wierd.. no? Although this doesn't change anything about true love, i suppose. ;]

Another point would be culturally "rare" individuals.. or genetically very uncommon or differentiating partners.

For instance if you are blond, tall and go to mexico I'm sure you'll have alot of success with women over there. Whereas apparently the mexicans really like the "gringas" alot. ;P

And regarding genes.. There were several studies about genes which are very different from your own ones.. being very attractive. This has got to do with body-odour etc.
It sounds pretty reasonable if you want to procreate with the largest possible "gene pool" after all.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
No male or female should be racist!!! Men tend to like blonde women and women tend to like dark men. However, no matter the dimension, color, or shape of a human being, God created everybody stunning in His image!!!

God Bless All!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I don't prefer dark men if you are meaning that white women just dig black men? Although I'm not a racist, I do like white men...now if you mean a good tan..okay fine. I'm white...btw, and I don't think it's racist to be attracted to men of your own color. I don't care if other women do it though.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
This made me laugh a bit.

I've dated tall dark and handsome
Shorter (than me) muscular and funny looking
Tall, Greek and handsome
Tall, pasty British and Red Headed (so I guess that's less than handsome by most female accounts LMAO)
Short, rotund and handsome
Short, dark and handsome
Short fat and rather homely
Tall stocky and less than handsome..

The one thing they all had in common was the amazing ability to make me split a side laughing, intelligently. I'm not talking slap-stick, 3 stooges... I'm talking brutally clever, witty and spontaneous.

Sure a handsome guy always catches my eye...but until he can make me laugh he's just another pretty face with tight buns and a washboard stomach...

OMG - *feels forehead for fever* did I just say that?

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I do not want to offend anyone. Just Love All!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
You never offended me once...so no worries

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I thought they liked men that look like my avatar?

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I thought they liked me, no matter whether I turned my hair color to blond, red, or brown. But I was in delusion, apparently. I now live as a monk.

God Bless All and may each human love every other human!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I am vertically challenged, so it isn't too difficult finding a guy taller than I am.. Too tall, while I like to window shop, I'm not going to try it out, lolol.
Seriously, I am a tad less than 5'2", and I am the tallest of all of my female relatives, mother, aunts, sister, cousins, on both sides...
5'8" is ideal for me, lol.

I am not racist at all, my entire family is like the rainbow coalition, we are everything from white to black, spanish, native american, ect.. I myself have always prefered white or spanish men, even when I was younger., however, I have dated men of every race.
Both men that I have had significant relationships with had brown hair and brown, but looks wise, my ideal man would have black hair and light eyes.
I don't know why that is, that is just what I like.
My cousins like black men, one likes lighter black men, one likes darker black men, same with my two sisters. I have a cousin that prefers latin men, spanish or italian.. One of my aunts perfers white men to the exclusion of all other races, and one won't date anything but black men, though she prefers lighter men..
Then only thing we all have in common is that we prefer taller men..
Race wise, I don't know that there is always a concious choice of what we might like.. As I said, even when I was quite young, (I think I was about 10-11 when I discovered an interest in the opposite sex), I always perfered white and spanish men.
As for the tall dark and handsome thing.. Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. I have seen people that really should have their liscence to breed revoked, and yet there ar thoose who find them attractive.
People are going to want to be with who they find attractive.
The tall and dark part, well... I have the idea that a man with darker hair is going to be more impressive physically. There was an experiment where two fake male lions were introduced to a pride of females, one had a blonde mane, one a black mane.
Most of the females went to check out the black maned male and even the one that went to inspect the blonde went to the dark side, lol.
Perhaps there is something tied in with color that gives the perception of dominance?
That is what I think.
As for tall, as was said, a taller male is going to give a woman a sence of safty, of proctection.
Couple tall with dominant, you have a mate that will provide well for you and your children.. More so than a smaller submissive male would.
As well men being said to prefer blone women, I think that there is something atavistic with that as well.. blonede is recessive, and I think that instinctually a male may be drawn to a female with recessive genes to imprint his offspring with her.
Of course, there are those cultures where blondes, where white people aren't or weren't a part of the culture, and then there is the exotic factor.
Some searches on the net would show you what the perception of beauty is among certain african tribes.. The Masi is one tribe that has been extensively documented, sorry, the only thing I can think of right now is large bright eyes...
And in cultures where certain skin colors, hair/eye colors aren;t common, there is going to be a alot of attraction for those interested in widening the gene pool so to speak.
To me, to each their own.
I would not care who my daughters brought home, black, white, asian, spanish, native, indian, whatever.. Though I confess, I would prefer they brought home a male, but even if they brought home a female, I wouldn't mind.

top topics

join