It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars, An Alpine Vacation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
"Grand Central Station" Good grief, those tube things are weird. Notice the spots, i've indicated with arrows. The tubes are connecting to it, a sort of central point, but the thing they are connected to is partially transparent and all globby looking, like goo or something. Is that ice?:

Source:
www.msss.com...

[edit on 1-12-2006 by undo]

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
"Deconstructed" This tube is partially deconstructed. Look, it's like scales, each one connected to the other internally, like ...well...like scales. Those are not sand dunes!

Source (same as source above):
www.msss.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Where are all the scientific people on this subject? That picture above looks like a fossil. Is it? Has NASA admitted that there's life on Mars or was life on Mars of this scale? Are martian tubes really huge life forms of some kind?

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
'Eggsatcly 2" Okay what's going on folks? This image is, i don't mind saying, very very weird. That's some type of liquid squirting out of weird looking tubes, connected to what looks like immense "egg" shapes, and there appears to be water cascading down the hill nearby. I thought the scientists were saying there's no longer water on mars but there was once water on mars. Well if that's true, what is that liquid cascading down the mountain on the right of the picture and squirting out of the tube things?

HELLO? Are you people alive out there?

Source
barsoom.msss.com...

[edit on 1-12-2006 by undo]

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmlima
Some of them seem reasonable interesting, specially the one of what appears to a source of reflexion (light?) in that gully type feature.

Where can someone like me find the original images?

Same place we do LOL

But seriously we are working on that. Its hard to track the older anomalies if web sites didn't post any picture info... so it takes a long time to track them down. But many times someone on here knows where to find them

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Okay, this is too creepy for me. All these really bizarre pics of water or liquid, weird shapes, doing strange things, bizaare lifeforms hanging off cliffs in cells and nary a comment. artifical looking shapes, fossil looking things. is everyone afraid of this subject? is someone not telling me something? is this someone's idea of a joke, and nobody let me in on the secret? has this become such a political/religous hot potato, that no one dares even discuss it? i mean, the images are available for anyone to see, right on the net. i've even linked them for you, where they've been since they were taken, some were even taken years ago. it's not like it isn't public information. knock it off, you're freakin' me out.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
knock it off, you're freakin' me out.

The MIB's have been here... they took away John Lear...
Now they are standing at the doors keeping everyone out...

They don't want anyone to know about the TREES on Mars...

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
And SHHHHHH

Don't tell ANYONE about the Frozen LAKES...

Now then lets have a lok see at what you've got

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Arthur C. Clarke liked those Trees on Mars.

Did you see the pedestal picture? Well, i found another pedestal associated with tubes, so these two things appear to go hand in hand, tubes and pedestals, making me think they are supports for the tubes that have since fallen down. But i'm not going to post the picture because I'm weirded out by the lack of comments on the pieces I've posted that show obvious lifeforms, weird liquid, possibly water, actually spouting out (meaning its either moving or frozen in midair, but sure looks like it's splashing down the side of the mountain and spurting out those tube thingies. and what about the fossil? it's obviously something a science minded guy wuold be interested in, but nothing, nada. just one fellow...and you of course.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I was just looking for my original of that area where you find the Pedestal...

I Think its the right one but I never noticed that area before..

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
"Pedestal" is from the famous Tube picture"
www.msss.com...

look between the two tubes of the "Eggsactly" pic. there's another one.
i didn't notice the pedestal the first time i saw it either. i think hoagland had a better
res pic when he first came out with the tubes, and i was looking at it in a graphics program and thought...wait, there's straight lines here. then noticed they were in the shape of a hexagon and then noticed there was soemthing attached to the hexagon that went back towards the tube. that's when it dawned on me that it looked like a pedestal or a giant nail or something.

it's possible its a naturally formed hexagon headed thingamagig, but what are the odds two of them would show up in association with tubes?

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   
whoa, malin space systems has airbrushed the pedestal out of their copy of it. here's the piece with the pedestal. i cut it out of the bigger one i got it from that hoagland piece posted on his site way back when the tubes were first sprung on the viewing audience. he had named it "arthur.jpg", which means he may have gotten it from arthur originally:

see the pedestal in it?

here it is on hoagland's site:
www.enterprisemission.com...

[edit on 2-12-2006 by undo]

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   

'Eggsatcly 2" Okay what's going on folks? This image is, i don't mind saying, very very weird. That's some type of liquid squirting out of weird looking tubes, connected to what looks like immense "egg" shapes, and there appears to be water cascading down the hill nearby. I thought the scientists were saying there's no longer water on mars but there was once water on mars. Well if that's true, what is that liquid cascading down the mountain on the right of the picture and squirting out of the tube things?

Undo, great pics! I especially liked your Alpine vacation pic!! Mind blowing. Now how in the name of Mars did I miss this one?

About your 'water spout' pic, here's something more on this that I had posted on another thread. I've annotated the anomalies. The whole area looks pretty suspicious with certain image tampering. Here it is..

Courtesy: JP Skipper
Source: NASA-JPL-MSSS
MOC # M11-00009
Loc: Longitude 19.73W – Latitude 03.08
Scaled image Size: 2.91 km wide – 45 km Height

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   

"Pedestal" is from the famous Tube picture"

Guys and girl I must say, most of the stuff in here is so open to interpretation that only being in there we could decided what was what, having said that:

The pictures of 'trees' actually to me do not look nothing like trees, maybe those plan trees I draw when I'm working on a project, but not the real thing.

The 'tubes' are one of the most interesting features I've seen so far, specially because they seem to penetrate the landscape and in other points to emerge from it, even by looking at a ridge in sand dunes, I could not clearly say that we were looking at the same thing... They look interesting to say the least.

www.mccullagh.org...

I found a very nice webpage on them, maybe you people already know it:

ebtx.com...

The guy has got me nearly convinced...

On another subject that last picture posted with the 'water cannon' , can it be like a gas sprouting from a natural formation (a geiser type thing)? They have found methane in there...

www.umich.edu.../2004/Oct04/r102804

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
jmlima,

he did a good job on the tubes, but that doesn't explain the fossilized looking thing, nor the variation in the tubes that are jettisoning water or whatever the heck that liquid looking stuff is. those tubes look entirely different than the other tubes, but the pedestal thing is in the double tubes piece and in the original arthur c. clarke tubes pic that hoagland and he made famous.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

j..nor the variation in the tubes that are jettisoning water or whatever the heck that liquid looking stuff is. ...

Can it be gas?

I'm wondering if it really has to be a liquid, the images do not seem to have enough resolution to allow to see that it's a liquid of some sort, in fact the apparent density of the thing and the very light colour, seem to be some warm(?) gas...

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
My favorite is when people say "it looks like." I have a friend who has a potatoe chip that "looks like" Abraham Lincoln. Doesn't mean much however.

"Any photo requiring equal parts interpretation and imagination (photos sometimes characterized as ‘blobsquatches’) should be discounted."*

Lets see some of you clever people come up with more than imagination. Lets see some of you come up with some science to back up your postulations. There is plenty of information online about geology, etc, that Im certain you could use. Anyone can say, "this looks like" but you need to offer some better evidence than that.

Also whenever you post a link to a photo, or post a photo online, you should also post a link to the entire photo and not just some section that you have cropped for your convienience. Seeing the whole photo is important so that details can bee seen in comparison to the surrounding area.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
My favorite is when people say "it looks like." I have a friend who has a potatoe chip that "looks like" Abraham Lincoln. Doesn't mean much however.

"Any photo requiring equal parts interpretation and imagination (photos sometimes characterized as ‘blobsquatches’) should be discounted."*

Lets see some of you clever people come up with more than imagination. Lets see some of you come up with some science to back up your postulations. There is plenty of information online about geology, etc, that Im certain you could use. Anyone can say, "this looks like" but you need to offer some better evidence than that.

Also whenever you post a link to a photo, or post a photo online, you should also post a link to the entire photo and not just some section that you have cropped for your convienience. Seeing the whole photo is important so that details can bee seen in comparison to the surrounding area.

I have posted the links to the entire photos from Malin and JPL,etc. I also, if you hadn't flippin' noticed, asked about fifty times now for some scientific people to come in here and tell me what the freak these things are. I'm not getting any responses. Just accusations about whatever or vague comments like.... just your imagination. I am not interested in the my imagination part. I'm interested in what these things are. What they are. One more time with feeling WHAT THEY ARE.

Dude, if you wanna be helpful, try looking at the blasted things for yourself and tell me what you think they are. I did NOT, REPEAT, did NOT, ask you to critique my totally clueless names for these anomalies. i asked you to answer the questions. If you can't, or won't, or aren't interested, then why come in here in the first place? Just to have fun at someone else's expense? I want answers, not accusations.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by undoThose are not sand dunes!

Why do you say that? To me they look like sand dunes.

Like those on the same picture.

Only the ones on the "glass tubes" are in some kind of valley.

One thing I noticed on some photos from the rovers on Mars is that the dust is very, very fine, it looks like talcum powder, so its behaviour should be a little different from that of our dust here on Earth. Also, the gravity is different, making the dust settle in a different way.

Originally posted by undoThat picture above looks like a fossil.

That is nothing like a fossil, at least like the fossils I have found here on Earth, Martian fossils, if they exist, may be different.

'Eggsatcly 2" Okay what's going on folks? This image is, i don't mind saying, very very weird. That's some type of liquid squirting out of weird looking tubes, connected to what looks like immense "egg" shapes, and there appears to be water cascading down the hill nearby.

If that is some kind of liquid "squirting out of weird looking tubes", where is it going? Shouldn't be some kind of pool at the end, where all that liquid would accumulate after even some minutes?

But no, not only there isn't any pool of accumulated liquid as there isn't even marks of the "liquid" being liquid, in fact, I think its just a different coloured dust.

HELLO? Are you people alive out there?
I was having my lunch.

[edit on 2/12/2006 by ArMaP]

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmlima

j..nor the variation in the tubes that are jettisoning water or whatever the heck that liquid looking stuff is. ...

Can it be gas?

I'm wondering if it really has to be a liquid, the images do not seem to have enough resolution to allow to see that it's a liquid of some sort, in fact the apparent density of the thing and the very light colour, seem to be some warm(?) gas...

well the way its shooting out reminds me of water from a fireman's hose, rocketing out towards a building during a fire. yet, the one on the right seems almost frozen up to the half way point, then it seems like liquid spurting out at the end. the left hand one, almost looks thicker than water, and more like a sludge of a slightly different and darker shade (that could just be that it was more in shadow, i dunno).

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join