It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poltergeists threw my cheese!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Less than 5 minutes ago there was a piece of cheese on my table, and just now it was thrown off. It looked like it was flung in some manner, along with the cheese knife that accompanied the cheese in question. My house is known to be haunted, but I have not had a problem with poltergeist phenomena until now. Is it possible for an otherwise benign spirit to manifest cheese flinging powers or tendancies? Can ghosts transform?

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Dreamstone!

Stay away from the cheese! OMG...see what I'm talking about it? We talk about these things and they tend to get active.

How bizarre.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Dreamstone!

Stay away from the cheese! OMG...see what I'm talking about it? We talk about these things and they tend to get active.

How bizarre.

Interesting you say that Val............ John Keel, in his book " The Mothman Prophecies" talks about paranormal phenomena becoming " imitative" like this.....

If you havent read the book, which is increadably different from the movie , then I highly recommend it.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Mulberry

YES! I read the book in 1989. Scariest book I've ever read! did the movie suck or what?!? For such a fantabulous story why did they have to go and rape it that way?

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Saw the movie.........

thought " hmm ok, liked that , gotta read the book now.........

read the book..........

burn that piece of trash they call a " movie"

The book is fantastic.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone
Less than 5 minutes ago there was a piece of cheese on my table, and just now it was thrown off. It looked like it was flung in some manner, along with the cheese knife that accompanied the cheese in question. My house is known to be haunted, but I have not had a problem with poltergeist phenomena until now. Is it possible for an otherwise benign spirit to manifest cheese flinging powers or tendancies? Can ghosts transform?

What other types of events happened in your home?

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Occasionally picture frames are off, probably nothing. I have sighted the ghost, seen as a figure, but in my mind recognizes as a man. Its pretty eerie. My dog flips out for no reason, rooms get cold etc. It can get pretty weird, though these events are not common

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Behold the power of Cheese!

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The only thing that I could see as paranormal that ever happened to me was:

When I was very young, I was sleeping with my mom in bed. I can remember my brothers crib across the room. So I couldnt have been more than 7. I fell asleep, and when I woke up there was a person standing over the bed. Nothing but black though, almost like a cardboard cutout. A shadow maybe. Anyway I remember not being scared. And I went back to sleep. When I woke up again I told my mom about it. She said without hesitation that it was her dad wacthing over us. She said she had seen it before right after her dad died when she was young. I never questioned it, I never saw it again. I honestly think that it was a dream. I guess I will never know. I have a hard time believeing in things of that nature. Thats my story.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Let us all bow to the power of the cheese!

-wD

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
the best thing to do, is to start to keep a journal of all the strange events going on in your home. If you need to, there really are some reputable parapsychologists out there, that can document activity & help you with a haunting. Good luck, and message me if you need any questions answered

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yes, the mothman prophesies movie was awesome, until I read the book, the book was nothing like the movie and i had to question if the two were even related.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Thats a good story seapeople. Sounds like a familiar in some ways...

A journal may be helpful. I keep a journal already, but not of that kind of thing.

*Entry 1:1st Grade-I saw a girl I liked and pulled her pigtails. She beat me up then. It's true love...*

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I've read that cheese can be easilly converted to ectoplasmic residue... was the cheese slimy or "lubricated" when you went to pic it up??

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by eagle
Behold the power of Cheese!

Dammit...you beat me to it!

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
maybe ...just aybe you put the knife into the cheese. and it stuck there, and as you moved away or wasn't looking, the knife started slipping /moved a bit due to gravity, and because of the weight of the knife int he cheese, and the cheese was stuck to the knife, and the knife was moving due to gravity.....it might ave over balanced, and there falls your cheese and knife off the bench and onto the floor.

Or was it flung all the way across the room?

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Were you watching the cheese as it left the table? I ask because I have had the exerience of getting out a clock of cheese and a knife with the cheese sitting on the edge of the knife. The knife decided it wasn't steady and began to fall of the edge of the table which had the effect of launching the cheese. The knife however fell straight down. Did both the cheese and the knife fly away from the table? How far did they go before landing?

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Yeah if its up on a table or something then it has potential energy

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Dreamstone
Try putting the cheese back in the same place and say, "Do that again."

You may have a little visitor

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I examined the cheese launching knife theory. Both the cheese and the knife were flung a distance aqay from the table that wasequal, and far. I even went so far as to replicate the cheese throwing knife hypothesis, and it didn't pan out

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join