It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Levitate Small Animals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Source:
www.livescience.com...

www.livescience.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Video:
www.youtube.com...

Above Video Was also Mentioned in This Threadby D4rk Kn1ght
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Xie and his colleagues employed an ultrasound emitter and reflector that generated a sound pressure field between them. The emitter produced roughly 20-millimeter-wavelength sounds, meaning it could in theory levitate objects half that wavelength or less.

After the investigators got the ultrasound field going, they used tweezers to carefully place animals between the emitter and reflector. The scientists found they could float ants, beetles, spiders, ladybugs, bees, tadpoles and fish up to a little more than a third of an inch long in midair. When they levitated the fish and tadpole, the researchers added water to the ultrasound field every minute via syringe.

And The Last Link for use at Parties (Balducci Levitation):
www.livescience.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I just got done reading the LiveScience article before I saw
this thread, sort of funny coincidence.

I think this is pretty cool, and downright intriguing.

Not being an acoustic engineer, I'm not sure if it's possible,
but I wonder if this could be used in a propulsion system.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
If it were to be used in a propultion system could you imagine the noise it would create? I think the pilot of such a craft would go deaf the first time the thing lifted off the ground. Now what they need to do is get the acustic waves to the point of moving an object but make it silent.

Cool efect tho

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Thank God abductees dont have to experience that godawful noise when being pulled up into a craft

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This reminds me of a picture in a physics book I have, where a frog is being levitated with a huge magnetic field. Similar idea, although totally different physics behind it to this one.

And based on the 20 millimeter wavelength that is given, this is going to be an audible (to humans) sound wave, and yeah, it would probably be really, really annoying

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
If it were to be used in a propultion system could you imagine the noise it would create? I think the pilot of such a craft would go deaf the first time the thing lifted off the ground. Now what they need to do is get the acustic waves to the point of moving an object but make it silent.

Cool efect tho

It uses ultrasound though, so I'm not sure it would effect
humans, and it says that the animals tested were fine
after 30 minutes of levitation.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Acoustic propulsion could be done, but who knows
if the person would need a suit to protect itself
against possible heart failure.

I remember noticing when tuning an acoustic guitar
that if the next string was "in tune" it would vibrate by itself
by playing the string before it....if I saw the next string vibrate then it meant
the two strings were in tune (pressing on the right fret of course)

this would be a form of acoustic propulsion....

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I can imagine some very fascinating new and never-seen before "sexual positions" when this thing manages to levitate 70kg and is affordable for home-use.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This book talks a lot about using sound to move an build stuff:
GODS OF EDEN

I read it awhile back and it's a good read. The author describes an account of a german officer who witnessed tibeten monks moving stone blocks with musical instruments.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   

read it awhile back and it's a good read. The author describes an account of a german officer who witnessed tibeten monks moving stone blocks with musical instruments.

I read this too and saw it in Anti-Gravity & the world grid by david hatcher childress. The man to witness it was swedish doctor Jarl, it says he even made two films because people thought he was crazy.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST

read it awhile back and it's a good read. The author describes an account of a german officer who witnessed tibeten monks moving stone blocks with musical instruments.

I read this too and saw it in Anti-Gravity & the world grid by david hatcher childress. The man to witness it was swedish doctor Jarl, it says he even made two films because people thought he was crazy.

Moving Stone Blocks is another thing!

Found these related to tibet:
www.crystalinks.com...

The Tibetan Monk Stories
1. Dr. Jarl
In the 1920s or 1930s a Swedish Dr. Jarl, accepted an invitation from a tibetan friend to visit his monastery. And while he was in the area, he witnesses stone blocks of around 4 Tonnes, being levitated high into the air using only sound.
The sound was produced by the drums and trumpets of a large group of monks, who were methodically positioned in carefully measured arcs. And their instruments were targeted on the stone, as if it was being guided by them.

Source:
www.rocknroll.force9.co.uk...

Dr Jarl’s sketch showing how Tibetan monks were able to raise stone blocks into the air using the power of sound.

source:
ourworld.compuserve.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
They say the animals were fine afterwards... but if they could talk, I'd bet they'd be telling you they have a huge headache.

We recieve these audio waves regardless of our inability to hear them.

Like a TV whine, you can only listen to it for so long before it gives you a headache. You can't hear it most of the time, but it still hurts the head.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
They say the animals were fine afterwards... but if they could talk, I'd bet they'd be telling you they have a huge headache.

Like a TV whine, you can only listen to it for so long before it gives you a headache. You can't hear it most of the time, but it still hurts the head.

Waht if every cell in my body were to tell me the way they feel after I eat a b1g mac deal? from mack d0nalds?

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by a1ex

Waht if every cell in my body were to tell me the way they feel after I eat a b1g mac deal? from mack d0nalds?

They would probably depress you to the point of suicide.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

They would probably depress you to the point of suicide.

This line alone made my week ....

But on a serious note, I wonder is there are long term effects like you mentioned once the animals are placed within the acoustic field....

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I guess the only way to know if there are any painful effects are to observe an animal that responds to pain more-so than insects.

I propose we do it to the guy who said the animals are just fine afterwards... see if he really trusts his own judgement.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
A preacher that does what he preaches? I'm In!

XL5

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
With a 20mm wavelenght, the frequency would be 15GHz (Giga Hertz) of sound. You wouldn't hear it at all, humans can hear 18KHz (Kilo Hertz) or lower. No one would hear it at all. I'd like to know what kind of wattage this was done at!

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I remember noticing when tuning an acoustic guitar
that if the next string was "in tune" it would vibrate by itself
by playing the string before it....if I saw the next string vibrate then it meant
the two strings were in tune (pressing on the right fret of course)

this would be a form of acoustic propulsion....

This is a form of sympathetic resonance, not propulsion. Check wiki for details.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
And based on the 20 millimeter wavelength that is given, this is going to be an audible (to humans) sound wave, and yeah, it would probably be really, really annoying

Hmm, what drugs was I on when I said this? XL5 is correct, you would never hear this.

new topics

top topics

join