Newton set 2060 for end of world

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
news.abovetopsecret.com...


Sir Isaac Newton, Britain's greatest scientist, predicted the date of the end of the world - and it is only 57 years away.

His theories about Armageddon have been unearthed by academics from little-known handwritten manuscripts in a library in Jerusalem.

The thousands of pages show Newton's attempts to decode the Bible, which he believed contained God's secret laws for the universe.

Newton, who was also a theologian and alchemist, predicted that the Second Coming of Christ would follow plagues and war and would precede a 1,000-year reign by the saints on earth - of which he would be one.

What do you people think about this?

Are we going to live only another 57 years?!

[Edited on 15-11-2003 by Russian]




posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well.....many people have predicted the end of the world..(Like the years 2000/2003/1999) But, for these kind of things, you have to be sort of skeptical..it is coming from Isaac Newton, which might make it a little more believable. BUT, he was proven wrong in other things, so who knows. Good post though, I haven't seen this before.



-wD



posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Well.....many people have predicted the end of the world..(Like the years 2000/2003/1999) But, for these kind of things, you have to be sort of skeptical..it is coming from Isaac Newton, which might make it a little more believable. BUT, he was proven wrong in other things, so who knows. Good post though, I haven't seen this before.

-wD


Thanks for the comment.

Isaac Newton was proven wrong in other things but still.

If he found out that the end of the world will be 2060

then he might have known something.



posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Also I would want to see what info he found and how

he got the number 2060.

Its just interesting that nobody after Newton found out

about this.



posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian


a 1,000-year reign by the saints on earth - of which he would be one.


[Edited on 15-11-2003 by Russian]


he thought pretty highly of himself



posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   
privet ruski,
original...nice!!

it is coming from isaac newton...so im a little subdued by that fact, at any rate, keeping an open mind on these things is probably the best method to adopt when faced by a dilemma on these lines...
strange, that newton would have gotten to something so serious, surely some1 took on his work after he died and cracked the code back then?
i read a post sometime ago that a highperformance processing unit was able to decipher these codes, if newton was at it back then...why has it taken so long?
too many questions on the topic...seems to me, given the chance this topic will be enjoyed by many!!

Cordially
Cyrus



posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirCyco

Originally posted by Russian


a 1,000-year reign by the saints on earth - of which he would be one.


[Edited on 15-11-2003 by Russian]

he thought pretty highly of himself


I would too if I knew so much.

Maybe he knew something about whats going to

happen to him?

Like some people say that Bible is a code where you

can find whats going to happen to everybody.

Maybe Newton broke the Bibles code.



posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus
privet ruski,
original...nice!!

it is coming from isaac newton...so im a little subdued by that fact, at any rate, keeping an open mind on these things is probably the best method to adopt when faced by a dilemma on these lines...
strange, that newton would have gotten to something so serious, surely some1 took on his work after he died and cracked the code back then?
i read a post sometime ago that a highperformance processing unit was able to decipher these codes, if newton was at it back then...why has it taken so long?
too many questions on the topic...seems to me, given the chance this topic will be enjoyed by many!!

Cordially
Cyrus


Cyrus I agree with you we do have to keep a open mind

to these things.

Also we got to get more people here to see what they

think.



posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Newton is the main cause of the materialistic world, which is destroying itself at the moment because of ignorance... So he may have been right.



posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
news.abovetopsecret.com...


Sir Isaac Newton, Britain's greatest scientist, predicted the date of the end of the world - and it is only 57 years away.

His theories about Armageddon have been unearthed by academics from little-known handwritten manuscripts in a library in Jerusalem.

The thousands of pages show Newton's attempts to decode the Bible, which he believed contained God's secret laws for the universe.

Newton, who was also a theologian and alchemist,

[Edited on 15-11-2003 by Russian]


More specifically, Newton is considered the Father of Hermeticism. His life-long attempts at "decoding the Bible" was more an obsession of decoding the numerical description of the Temple. He believed, if he could decode this, he could decode the secrets of the Universe.

Something happened to Newton between the time of the plague (at which time he was one of the most devout scientists I have ever read) to this end state. I will be curious to find out what portion of his life this prediction fell into.



posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
On the Bible decoding note, are there any sites on this that anyone has links to?

Thanks.



posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
take a look at this web site.

members.tripod.com...

[Edited on 15-11-2003 by Russian]



posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
According to the Mayans, the end is coming in December, 2012. They too have been proven wrong in predictions, and I hope they are this time as well.



posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by VanishingPoint
According to the Mayans, the end is coming in December, 2012. They too have been proven wrong in predictions, and I hope they are this time as well.


2012?!

OMG

everyone is finding out that world will end somewhere in 20XX.

Could it be true?

Do we have just a little to live?



posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian


a 1,000-year reign by the saints on earth - of which he would be one.



[Edited on 15-11-2003 by Russian]


i know he was brilliant and there may be much validity to his work in decoding the bible but i think its is a little presumptuous to say he was a saint and was going to reign over the earth for 1000 years....



posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
news.abovetopsecret.com...


Sir Isaac Newton, Britain's greatest scientist, predicted the date of the end of the world - and it is only 57 years away.

His theories about Armageddon have been unearthed by academics from little-known handwritten manuscripts in a library in Jerusalem.

The thousands of pages show Newton's attempts to decode the Bible, which he believed contained God's secret laws for the universe.

Newton, who was also a theologian and alchemist, predicted that the Second Coming of Christ would follow plagues and war and would precede a 1,000-year reign by the saints on earth - of which he would be one.

What do you people think about this?

Are we going to live only another 57 years?!

[Edited on 15-11-2003 by Russian]

i doubt i'll live to be 70 anyway. i've decided i want to die at 30 from spontaneous human combustion, which only leaves me 17 years to do whatever it is i want to do. anyway, i think it could possibly be true... but i would rather follow nostradamus's claims than some scientist's.

hearts.

[Edited on 15-11-2003 by effigyrelease]



posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by effigyrelease

Originally posted by Russian
news.abovetopsecret.com...


Sir Isaac Newton, Britain's greatest scientist, predicted the date of the end of the world - and it is only 57 years away.

His theories about Armageddon have been unearthed by academics from little-known handwritten manuscripts in a library in Jerusalem.

The thousands of pages show Newton's attempts to decode the Bible, which he believed contained God's secret laws for the universe.

Newton, who was also a theologian and alchemist, predicted that the Second Coming of Christ would follow plagues and war and would precede a 1,000-year reign by the saints on earth - of which he would be one.

What do you people think about this?

Are we going to live only another 57 years?!

[Edited on 15-11-2003 by Russian]

i doubt i'll live to be 70 anyway. i've decided i want to die at 30 from spontaneous human combustion, which only leaves me 17 years to do whatever it is i want to do. anyway, i think it could possibly be true... but i would rather follow nostradamus's claims than some scientist's.

hearts.

[Edited on 15-11-2003 by effigyrelease]


ok you dont want to live that long but I do.

Also I want to have kids that will live after me and carry my last name.



posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 01:46 AM
link   
What does end of the world mean?



posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
What does end of the world mean?


It can mean alot of things.

But the main thing is you and I DIE!

maybe the world goes KABBBBBBBOOOOOMM!


or maybe something else



posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:56 AM
link   
When you live many lives what does dying have to do with anything?





 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join