It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

aurora pic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
thats what it's supposed to look like. If it's a real picture and not doctored than I would say it's the aroura or some aircraft black or previous that looks real close to how it's supposed to look.

Where did you fnd the picture, and whats the back story on it?

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Its a proven fake from an aviation magazine in 2001 0r 2002..

Its a model of what they think it would look like should it ever be revealed to the white world.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght

Its a model of what they think it would look like should it ever be revealed to the white world.

which magazine/edition? they must have been able to afford a fine craftsman as this 'proven fake' model has minutely built into it a main landing gear comprised of a double-bogie (twin axle) four tire foundation with a bent-knee style trailing arm main landing strut. They were also able to include a nose wheel with a single axle twin tire setup, a forward-retracting strut and vertical stabilizers with a straight trailing edge. Pretty incredible detail for a 'fake' model. The angle and reflection of the sunlight on the aircraft body also indicates a life-size 'model' must have been used for this 'fake'. They must have gone to a very large effort to produce such an elaborate hoax.

If you enlarge the photo you will also see that there is no photoshop type pixelation evident.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Not a magazine, actually, just a Net forum funnyman.

ATS discussion here

Original forum confession here

When Testors modeling company produced the “XR-7 Thunderdart” model I got one as soon as I could. While it was similar to the FDL-8 shape purported to be the base design of the Aurora, the top of the model was totally wrong so I began modifying it to more closely resemble the Aurora shape. When finished it bore a striking resemblance to several artworks of the Aurora model (mission accomplished!!). So naturally the next step was to photograph it. I didn’t have a ground area that I felt worked as an acceptable background, so I decided to do an “in flight“ photograph. Most of my models are hung from the ceiling of my home with a very simple bridle of monofiliment fishing line, so I just used this to hang it outside.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
ANT : while you are marvelling @ the "detail" please point out the control surfaces

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght

Well who ever created this fake went unusually far to fool people. The image is blurry and slightly out of focus, but it's also close up. Very unusual indeed!

Tim

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Fake.

Here, a 2005 thread about it all... use the links and the guy admits its a fake as well... sorry dude, close, but no cigar this time round.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But we must keep looking as its gonna get seen and photographed at some point...

oh and so you know its fake, heres one other shot he has of his model. Good looing model though!

[edit on 1-12-2006 by D4rk Kn1ght]

new topics

top topics

join