It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Favorite Sports Game?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
For those of you who are into sports games, I was wondering what your favorites of all time are? In my opinion, over the years, the games have become more realistic and complicated, but not necessarily more entertaining. In fact, sometimes I think that the only reason the major franchises continue to put out a new edition every year is simply to update team rosters. Basketball games, for example, have in my eyes become more visually pleasing as far as graphics go. The gameplay, however, doesn't do much for me. The exception in my case is the FIFA franchise; I've been enjoying them for close to a decade now.

You guys are gonna laugh, but my favorite football game was Madden...'95. SNES. I loved it. I want to dig for a truly great sports game, no matter how old or new. Suggestions?

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I don't really like ball games, like football, basketball or soccer, in video game form or real life.

Fun video game sports are boxing (Fight Night 3) or Hockey (any of them!). Real fun to play with mates.

My favorite sports game ever is Fight Night 3 for the 360 though, just amazing. The punches actually feel painful!

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The Fifa range is the best EVER. If you want a good football game you should play it because every year the gameplay changes and new features are added, as well with enhanced graphics. This is a game which is a must every year

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
NHL '94. No other Hockey game since has repeated that awesome gameplay.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
no current favorite but some of my all time favorites are...baseball stars(nes) tecmo bowl (nes) ssxtricky (gamecube) wii sports(wii)

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
NHL 2007 for the xbox360 is by far the greatest sports game ever created. The new controls are amazing.

Before that I would be leaning towards Fight Night Round 3.

On some older systems, I was a fan of the old EA series of NHL. 94 was definitely a good year, and NHLPA '93 was a hoot. Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball was a good baseball game and I also had Troy Aikman's football. (SNES)

NBA Jam was a good basketball game for the SNES, and I can not forget to mention Tiger Woods 2004 for the original xbox. Probably my favorite golf game of all-time.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
chissler + chisslers friends + 2 cases coronas + wiisports = best sports gamming experience ever!

its just my opinion , but its probably right.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
eg, you hear no argument from me on that one. I've never experienced the Wii yet, but I intend to in the very near future.

top topics

join