It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

check out this pic over Machu Pichu

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I still believe that some of the ancient southamerican cultures had contact with aliens and that they influenced their developement in some way.

About the Nazca lines-
Many people thought they were meant to be drawings to worship the UFOs. But ancient people often associated "up" with God- ie the God of the moon or sun. Just took some mind bright enough to understand that anything drawn on immense scales on the surface of the Earth could be seen from distance overhead.

No need for an alien - ancient south american mix... although cultures at that time would have been more receptive to aliens than today's world.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
The camera used is a Sony 5.1 megapixel digital camera, with a Carl Zeis lense that has a fairly good depth of field. That is why the stone wall in the foreground, and the mountain in the background, are in fairly good focus, while the Condor flying by is blury because it is moving. The camera can capture light from the bird, but not in good focus due to movement and an ISO speed of 100.

I don't see any digital photo manipulation, just a picture where a bird happened to fly by on a sunny day.

Didn't you see that white box/mask in this image of this image? This image of this supposed UFO has been tampered with and I find that very unsettling. Why do people post these things on the internet all over the place when all one has to do is load the photo into an editor and play around with the brightness/contrast feature to see that people are blatantly altering images to make them appear as something that they are not.

[edit on 28-12-2006 by Palasheea]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Why do people post these things on the internet all over the place when all one has to do is load the photo into an editor and play around with the brightness/contrast feature to see that people are blatantly altering images to make them appear as something that they are not.

Were you not the person who was tampering with filters and quality of videos to make them look like reptillains? Heh, anyway...

The original image has been retouched. In the small blowup window the levels have been adjusted to make the object seem shinier/more metallic than it actually is. Here's a comparison of the edited blowup to an unedited blowup:

Notice the whole object has a blue tint because it is out of focus and the camera has equaled out the colour.

If we take the unedited version and compare the brightest part of the object and compare it with the brightness of the nearby wall...

(Images desaturated to emphasize contrast)

Looks like the object is not much shinier than stone.

As for the bald eagle theory, it's possible... The brighter spot could be either the head or tail of a bald eagle. But my conclusion is the picture is just too blurry and out of focus to tell. You cannot conclude this is an alien craft, you cannot conclude this is a bald eagle... and you cannot conclude it is a top hat. It's just too muffed up so to speak.

However purely speculating, I would say this very likely has a simple, mundane explenation... such as a bird or a bee. Maybe even a bird and a bee.

Cheers,

CptL

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Err doesnt anyone here ever use their camera software to "upgrade" their photos? It is very common to click on a generic immage enhancer button in generic camera software and often the result is to smooth out images. Whats the big deal about a white box? None to me anyway. I still say it is an Andean Condor.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I am simply pointing out that the object is no shinier than a rock, as there were people earlier dismissing bird/insect theory's due to the objects metallic look.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Could be a bird, or a thrown item hoax... it could even be genuine, but we won't ever know unless the photographers verifies either way.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join