It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

check out this pic over Machu Pichu

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yeah it shows that we can do somethings right. Machu Pichu is beautiful. Anybody ever go see the Mayan ruins? Aliens seem to appreciate the architecture there too, most of it is stunning.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Just wondering but what would be the appx. distance between that fort that we are seeing in the foreground and that mountain? Only asking this because the size and the blurry-ness of that UFO suggests that it's something that would be seen at least as far back as that mountain is in the distance yet it's flying somewhere in front of it.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Yeah it shows that we can do somethings right. Machu Pichu is beautiful. Anybody ever go see the Mayan ruins? Aliens seem to appreciate the architecture there too, most of it is stunning.

If we are to go by the pictograms found in mayan ruins it would make sense that these beings were around when these buildings were brand new and/or during construction. I would imagine they are nothing new to these beings and possibly nothing extraordinary to them.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Oh no it looks like another UFO Seagull debate

Remember the owner wanted $30,000 for it?

The guy below with his hands in his pockets better watch out incase the "UFO" discharges its aft cannon.........................

Looks like a bird to me!!

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I thought that was a pretty cool pic.

I always wonder if these are just state of the art craft produced by a high tech country or if you actually have aliens.

We will never be convinced until one of these craft land and are presented on the 6:00 o'clock news.

Even then you'd have people who would be convinced that it was some sort of conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Skeet shooting? Hub Caps? HUH???? Machu Picchu is a National Historical site along with a UNESCO world heritage site and no way anyone would get away with shooting guns or tossing a hub cap off the mountain without getting arrested on the spot. There are numerous guides/guards there along with military security. Dropping a cigarette butt will get you tossed back to the tourist bus in the parking lot.

Most folks are not in good enough shape to make the four day trek along the Incan trail, so they take the bus and miss out on all the amazing scenery. It is a very wondrous spot and you often see Vultur Gryphus, or the Andean Condor soaring in the area. It is only 2,350 meters altitude (7,711 feet) and the reason why no one in the picture is pointing at a UFO is because seeing a condor there is no big deal to most. Condors are black with a white ruff at the neck just as in the photo. If you want to see a flying saucer, be my guest, just don't try and claim any "proof" with this photo.

Some people need to travel more and see the world. Then you can make some references that are in context.

[edit on 30-11-2006 by Terapin]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
Skeet shooting? Hub Caps? HUH???? Machu Picchu is a National Historical site along with a UNESCO world heritage site and no way anyone would get away with shooting guns or tossing a hub cap off the mountain without getting arrested on the spot. There are numerous guides/guards there along with military security. Dropping a cigarette butt will get you tossed back to the tourist bus in the parking lot.

I've never been there so Im just asking. Do these guards and military search peoples napsacks? I live in NYC and although security is very high and even though arrest is always the result, people always find a way to sneak in a parachute and jump off the Empire State building wether they get arrested or not. This picture does not show the end result of what may have happened following it. I doubt its a skeet trap as that would be pretty big machine but what would be so hard sticking a small hubcap in your napsack and flinging it like you would a frisbee. Maybe the rewards for such a pic would be greater then the fine or punishment of being sent back to the bus would be? Not possible?

Pie

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
You are right, Terapin. I think it's a condor too because when loading this photo into an editor and then using various brightening and contrast phasings, I would be seeing a curious white box in this image right above those 'wings'. See image below.... a square white box has been inserted by whomever is trying to pass this object off as a UFO in that area one may possibly see some idication of where the head of the condor would be. Most likely the neck of the condor was painted over to blend in with the background -- in fact the white area over those wings was most likely painted in too! I guess whomever was making those changes in this photo didn't want to bother fussing with the head of the condor so he simply but a WHITE BOX over it!! This is hilarious!

[edit on 30-11-2006 by Palasheea]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Inserted red arrow that's directed toward that 'white box' I was referring to in my previous post in this thread.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Carelessly dropping trash will get one sent back to the bus. Deliberately tossing a hub cap off the mountain will get you tossed in a nice cozy Peruvian jail cell. The Military is there and it is they who will be the ones kindly and gently putting you in a spacious and elegant cell with full legal rights and a sumptuous meal. They love it when tourists trash their cultural heritage for fun.

While Condors are indeed carrion eaters with long necks, in flight the neck is tucked in and not visible. What you do see however is the white neck ruff.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It takes my breath away even imaging these creatures soaring between the mountains the way they do! Great that you've been able to see them in Peru!

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Perhaps it is Quetzalcoatl returned?

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
the thing is too small to be a space craft, condor was the first thing that came to my mind when i saw this pic, as far as i know peru dont have UAVs

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Well, Terapin is the one who first specifically said it was a condor -- and because I kept seeing that white box in my image editor where before I was wondering what the heck is that thing there for -- once Terapin posted his message, it was very obvious that he was on to something...

PS-- that he was right. lol

[edit on 30-11-2006 by Palasheea]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   

the thing is too small to be a space craft, condor was the first thing that came to my mind when i saw this pic, as far as i know peru dont have UAVs

Actually you'd be surprised. I have a late aunt (my moms is from peru) who saw a metallic disc up close which was said to be about 5 ft in diameter. Also, according to Dr. Hill's book Unconventional Flying Objects he says UFOs have been reported as being anywhere from 1-2 ft in diameter to spaceships which were miles and miles long.

**For those who are scientifically minded and really want to read an outstanding book, I highly suggest reading that book.... even if you only understand 80% of it like me

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Just wondering but what would be the appx. distance between that fort that we are seeing in the foreground and that mountain? Only asking this because the size and the blurry-ness of that UFO suggests that it's something that would be seen at least as far back as that mountain is in the distance yet it's flying somewhere in front of it.

Yeah thats my problem with the picture the object doesn't look right in front of the slightly blurry background. Don't know just seem fake to me.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The camera used is a Sony 5.1 megapixel digital camera, with a Carl Zeis lense that has a fairly good depth of field. That is why the stone wall in the foreground, and the mountain in the background, are in fairly good focus, while the Condor flying by is blury because it is moving. The camera can capture light from the bird, but not in good focus due to movement and an ISO speed of 100.

I don't see any digital photo manipulation, just a picture where a bird happened to fly by on a sunny day.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
You must really really want to believe in aliens if you're willing to overlook the obvious dodginess of the picture.
In the bottom right corner, on Source #1, there is what looks like the sillouette of a man. That clearly does not belong in the photo and you don't need to be a photography expert or photoshop wizard to recognize that.
This photo = fake.
At the very least, this photo = not alien.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
condor or not...its a quite an impressive picture.

I still believe that some of the ancient southamerican cultures had contact with aliens and that they influenced their developement in some way.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
i still dont think this is a UFO no mater how big or small they are at the distance this thing looks to be it should be in focus

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join