It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

check out this pic over Machu Pichu

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I agree with ignorant ape about the camera size and resolutions ... there needs to be a clean unedited (even for size) picture directly from the camera in order for most of these pictures to be truly "untouched."

That being said ... the vast majority of these pictures would not be any more identifiable in their native resolutions. I have yet to see a picture where something is even remotely in focus. Some pictures are better than others, but most can be explained as birds or bugs. This one even kinda looks like a hummingbird moving by to me (look at the inset ... see the dark "triangle" barely below the object? ... could be a wing considering how blurry the rest of the picture is). I have to reinstall photoshop on this box before I can mess around with photos again.

My verdict? Unknown for now but either a bug or a hummingbird ... doesn't look like an eagle to me (but as I said I need to look at it in photoshop before I can say what I think for certain).

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Looks like the photographer threw a rock in the air and snapped a shot of it. Looks very much like the classic UFO disk, although it seems to be pretty close and small, rather than a large object far away.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Funny but this is what I see:

Distinct roundness of object.
High velocity of motion.
Refection off object.
Scale indicates large size, just look at mountain/hill in background.
Uniform color of object.
Definite disk shape of object although a distortion could be result.

Overall assumption based on LOGIC and rational analysis outside of debunking and guessing and need for absolute proof:

Saucer.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Icarus,

i feel ya. I think it's a bird too.

But i want to believe it's an alien vehicle.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
My gut feeling tells me this is a bird.

Cool pic anyways. Thanks for sharing!

Toogood

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Thanks. I don't believe in extra-terrestrials, I believe in super-terrestrials. They were here long before us, and they will be here long after this current iteration of "civilization" is gone. I don't know if Marionette(us)-Puppeteer(them) describes the relationship, but I would like to hope that it is at least symbiotic.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I don't believe in extra-terrestrials, I believe in super-terrestrials

Well I think super-terrestrials is a great hypothesis.... certainly eliminates the FTL (faster than light) problemo. However, I wouldn't check extra-terrestrials off the list so quickly. Perhaps they exist but have issues with the FTL problem as well?

Honestly though... if I was a betting man, I wouldn't bet against the ET's. Our current state of physical knowledge leaves m-u-c-h room for additonal understanding. Furthermore, 300 years ago when Newton first attempted to tackle the problem of gravity, he was able to calculate the acceleration needed to escape the Earth. His verdict: Impossible. Things do change and some things we have come to accept as fact might end up as fiction in the end. Keep in mind that we just figured out how to use the atmosphere to fly 100 years ago.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Looks like they flung something metalic off the front of the structure and took a picture of it from behind where it was thrown. It just doesn't look right as much as I'd like to say its real.

Pie

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Looks like they flung something metalic off the front of the structure and took a picture of it from behind where it was thrown. It just doesn't look right as much as I'd like to say its real.

Pie

Good points certainly better than saying it is a bird that's for sure.

But the object is moving so that would lead to distortion of course depending on shutter speed. I understand that digital cameras do not have high shutter speeds normally.

I have concerns though with perspective here because look at the bottom of the picture and then go up and see the distance that this object is at relative to the location of the picture taker. I think if it was a bird it would be a speck if it was a frisbee etc then it would appear closer would it not?

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I don't rule out FTL travel, as UFT allows for it. The thing is, I think ET has been around much longer than the last 100 years or so. I also think Newton discovered the theory of gravity, he didn't invent it. The apple falling from the tree allegory is just that. Newton had access to church libraries and ancient writings, not to mention the fact that he was brilliant, and I think he came across some stuff that he was just the first in the modern age to decipher and understand in a way that was communicable to the masses.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Think about seagulls.

Ha Ha, were you here for that one?
My first instinct says it's a bird, But it also looks as though it could be a saucer.
It's a great pic, thanks for posting. I just don't think it's definite proof of anything.
Birds do reflect light like that, so does metal. No one can really argue one way or the other with complete certainty.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The funny thing is, some of the pictures are the real thing, and rest assured, you have debunked them as bug, balloons or whatever.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
It's a bug, nothing to see here, move on people.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Well i have no idea how you guys associate some shiny, reflecting.. saucer-formed shape with bugs or birds.. frisbees.. pies. etc.

Im no UFO-Fanatic or anything.. but this looks pretty real.. specially if the magnified version looks the same if you magnify it in photoshop.

If you look at the magnified version you will notice the shiny reflection which looks very realistic although one cannot see the exact position of the sun.

Also the blue-ish shimmering and quality mess is properly in front of the object, and not behind it. So as far as i can tell.. if this was shopped. It's a very good shop indeed.

The distances look pretty much OK too.. although it's hard to say. That machu pitchu stuff must be huge... and it certainly looks beautiful. ;]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo

Good points certainly better than saying it is a bird that's for sure.

But the object is moving so that would lead to distortion of course depending on shutter speed. I understand that digital cameras do not have high shutter speeds normally.

I have concerns though with perspective here because look at the bottom of the picture and then go up and see the distance that this object is at relative to the location of the picture taker. I think if it was a bird it would be a speck if it was a frisbee etc then it would appear closer would it not?

It doesn't look like its very far over that ledge or roadway down below which is why it looks like it was something flung off that building. lets face it if they were going to hoax a pic they would obviously pick something metallic and disc shaped. It definitely doesn't look like a bird. It looks like its got a hollow underside with a metallic rim like a VW hubcap from the 70's if you ask me.

With all the hoaxed pics, digital manipulation , cgi , do you think it will be ever possible to discern a real one from a fake anymore? Its gotten to the point where little 12 year old kids with Photochopping capabilites can hoax a almost believable pic or film. LOL I think we will have to wait and see to hear from them personally before anything concrete can be proven or agreed upon as being legit.

Pie

[edit on 29-11-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Does anyone know how high birds like to hang out? Isnt machu pichu so high that most plants cant even grow there? soemone who likes to do google searches should find all this out! now ill sit back and do nothing while somone else answers these questions! mwahahaha..

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Looks like a metallic shiny saucer shaped object far away.
Why didnt this persoon take more than one picture...

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I'm going to go with bird as well... (Reminds me of a certain seagull UFO...
)

Look closely vertically across the "UFO" and you'll see dark areas which may very well be the blur caused by flapping wings. And what's the dark spot on the left side? An eye perhaps? It's a nice photo, but in my opinion again a case of mistaken identity.

[edit on 30-11-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I don't rule out FTL travel, as UFT allows for it. The thing is, I think ET has been around much longer than the last 100 years or so.

Ok. Well I think "super-terrestrials" is a good hypothesis. Whether it's ETs or STs I'm sure they have been around longer than 100 years. I would guess 10s of thousands, perhaps millions.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
Australian Jeremy Williams took this picture during a trip to Machu Pichu last year. What does eveyone think?

source#1

source#2

Fake or real here is what they might be trying to tell us:

The black round bottom is the place of the Tesla flat coil, as some
authors have pointed out. It is valid as part of a Bessel vibration
mode except this would be with be with an energized coil that would
control circulating electrons.

The bright spot would be the direction of flight when electrons show
up nice and bright.

Thats seems to be what the fakers want us to believe in their next
UFO movie, most likely in Hollywood.

Ah, a Machu Pichu vacation until Hollywood called.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join