It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Tank crushes a civilian car (2004 Video)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
That looked like it was from a news source, so does anyone have anything not from Youtube?

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
I think you should close this thread zedd, especially because the manner in which you present it is misleading.

Well, it was new to me.

I just hadn't seen it before and so I edited the title of this thread to reflect that the video is old. I still think it's a valid discussion based on the type of behavior we're witnessing currently.

People can also find the original thread iraqi war crimes as dbates kindly pointed out.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
US troops did not kill anyone. They doled out a punishment for looting. A bit harsh if you ask me. But they did not kill anyone.

What about the dad taking his kid out on a looting spree? That really should be discussed more.

I think this thread was brought back up not to have a fair discussion.

I understand having a look back at an incident with time can give some wisdom to a situation.

Ok. Lets look further back into Iraq and watch a video from Sadam's time to be fair.

Saddam Massacres Kurds a youtube link 7 minutes 28 seconds.

Lets talk about the deaths of Kurds or a crushed car? Which one....Nah crushed car is better anti American. Yep.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
sbob... why be so touchy?
It seems like if anyone brings up any critisim of American policies, troop behaviour, or justifications you immediatly label them as "anti-American".

Introlerance for critism of the government is a fasist trait.

It doesn't matter what Saddam did or didn't do. Destroying a man's living under the treads of a tank because he picked up some wood is WRONG. We cannot critisize their social values if we are unable to abide by our own. If the man was caught doing something ilegal, he should have been turned over for due-process. Since the system for due-process was non-existant at the time, something else should have been considered. Taking legal matters into their own hands is NOT the job of the troops in Iraq.

This underlines a singular point of critism... US Troops are not trained to be occupiers. There seems to be a funadmental problem in their training that promotes the use of their toys for their own personal amusement. Most of all, it shows that there is a deep seated problem in terms of discipline, honor, and respect.

That's a set of problems here in the West that goes far beyond the military... it's pervasive throught our entire culture.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join