It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MIB IN THE UK?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Have there ever been any MIB's in the uk and if so what do they look like (ie the lincon car black suite shirt tie hat. Or are they diffrent over here I was just wondering if anybody knows

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   
They probably dress the same but they must drive a right hand steering jag or renault. A left hand drive lincoln might seem out of place.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Never heard of any over here really - just stories of MOD officials (dress uniform) and normal police - speaking to witnesses and asking them to hush up a story. Probably because authority figures in uniform tend to carry a greater weight of authority over here - the idea of the MIB would probably more easily lead to the cry "hoax" than some faceless Official from the MOD.

Good books to check out are by Nick Pope - the UK's real Fox Mulder if you like that kind of thing. Actually his two "fiction" books about Rendlesham Forest are a pretty good read - but they are really Sci-Fi and are labled as such.

Silk

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
anyone else out there have a clue come on gus n gals

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 06:04 PM
link   
LOL had to add - the idea of a Civil Servant in a Jag - aside from Prescott made me crack up. Drive past GCHQ a few times and see what cars are in the car park there - if it was a Renault it would be a 1998 model with a smokey exhaust

Edited to add -

Insite - Jaguars are right hand drive cars by design - before Ford bought the company it was a British car firm - and converted right handers to left hoookers for the US market.

[Edited on 15-11-2003 by Silk]

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
3sorry silk, i just tried to think up english auto maunfacturers. Rover was my first choice but then i realised they were dead. Yeah, if the gov provided em with a jag everybody and their momma would be applying to be a MIB.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Im sure there are. here's a website with accounts from various parts of the world you may want to surf thru it, i recall reading about such accounts on this subject.

www.ufobc.ca...

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
FWIW - Rover are far from dead - just not a world player at the moment. Actually their MG range is rather impressive - wish I had waited before I got my 220i.

(Sorry dont want to derail this any further )

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   
thanks for the link sapphire people keep the links rolling maybe they drive minis lol

[Edited on 15-11-2003 by SE7EN]

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Yes the U.k. dose have the US version of the MIB, but unlike the Americans, they Dress like government officials and travel is three's, one is always quite and looks rather pale and where's dark glasses and is of slim build where the other two are bulky, but will keep you in direct line of sight so that you just can't help but to look at him/ it/ her as there is no telling as to this persons sex, where with the other two are normally men they offer ID's for them self�s but there is no offer of an explanation for the third person, and they do all the talking.

When they have left you, you will have great difficulty in recalling any of the questions or for that matter any distinctive looks what they looked like, but you would remember that they had visited you.

[Edited on 5-12-2003 by dragoonrider1999]

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
You'd never notice an MIB in the UK unless he black-bagged you, they look normal, dress normal and drive pretty standard cars, they lack the air of the theatrical that their american cousins seem to love.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 07:03 PM
link   
don't you think that the men in black are pretty dumb to still be going around in black suits?Kind of makes them conspicous doesn't it? I agree with nerdling that they would try to blend in more here. This country is so small that word would probably get around too much if there were a load of black suits hanging around here.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
don't you think that the men in black are pretty dumb to still be going around in black suits?Kind of makes them conspicous doesn't it? I agree with nerdling that they would try to blend in more here. This country is so small that word would probably get around too much if there were a load of black suits hanging around here.

They're normal guys with a job to do, the people selected are generally not those who like to strut around in a suit in an air of mystery, i know a couple of people who are serious contenders for that job and they're completely normal much like the others, the black suit is a throwback to the uniformity days of the 50's where government officials wore black suits and looked like robots, MIB the movie was a 50's type story set in the present day, its just some clever trickery using urban legends and the publics fears.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 03:01 AM
link   
The men in black in england are reported as driving Rolls Royces, black and brand new, number plates are also not in "commission". I think theres a story from when that guy took the picture of that dude in the space suit on ilkley moor? They took him back to the spot asks a ton of questions, then left him there to walk home..

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Anyone have a pic of the badge or identification they show you? A link would be good if you can

new topics

top topics

join