It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia vs. Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Please note the emphasis on "may".

It seems the war in the Middle East has not yet reach it's climax. An article I just finished reading left my head spinning, and after a moment of reflection I can't help but wonder if it was all planned from the beginning.

It's getting late in my corner of the world, so I am going to try to make this as short as possible.

As we all know, that last year or two oil companies have been raking in the dough while at the same time receiving subsidies. I can't help but wonder if it was all preplanned in the event that such a course of action be taken. Surely such a thing would put big oil in dire straights for years.

Nawaf Obaid, writing in The Washington Post, said the Saudi leadership was preparing to revise its Iraq policy to deal with the aftermath of a possible U.S. pullout, and is considering options including flooding the oil market to crash prices and thus limit Iran's ability to finance Shi'ite militias in Iraq.

The article does say that is only likely in the event of a U.S. pull out from Iraq - which is looking very possible.

One would think this is a last ditch effort; and is likey one of the reasons the U.S. VP recently visited the Kingdom.

Saudi will intervene in Iraq if U.S. withdraws

new topics

join