It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TESLA motors!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I stumbled upon this site about very energy efficient car motors and was quite impressed with what have I've seen...
Take a look and feast your eyes on new totaly electricaly powered Tesla Car...

www.teslamotors.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   

The one they showed was red, I like blue better.

Hey, now that's one sharp looking car!

Great performance too! I love it. I want one!

Ok, so I probably won't be able to get one. But I did get one as my avatar.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Wow! I've never been impressed by an electric car before! That is Bea-U-Ti-Ful! Now all I need is a huge income...I am by no means a greenie and I'm certain there is nothing we can do to reverse the cycles of mother Earth however if I became a lotto winner or something I would probably buy one of these before anything else in this price range. There are a ton of good reasons to avoid gas besides the environmental side of the issue...

Thanks for pointing the Tesla out to me Triad979!

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
An Electric car that goes from 0-60 in 4 seconds with range of 250 miles??

I seriously doubt that!!

The Bugatti Veyron image below, The fastest production car EVER, manages to hit 60 in 2.5 seconds and 100 in 5 seconds and that has quad turbo charged 8 liter petrol engine.

All the Best,

NeoN HaZe

[edit on 29-11-2006 by Neon Haze]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Here's an older thread on it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And yes. It does hit that acceleration rate. The EV1 from General Motors was also able to hit 60 in 4sec that after some tweaking. The Tesla roadster is able to hit that speed because it can start almost instantly at it's highest RPM.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
And yes. It does hit that acceleration rate. The EV1 from General Motors was also able to hit 60 in 4sec that after some tweaking. The Tesla roadster is able to hit that speed because it can start almost instantly at it's highest RPM.

There are two main reasons I doubt it's validity

Firstly the amount of torque generated by an electric engine is next to nothing.

Secondly the battery requirements at our current (no joke) level of tech for prolonged fast release of electrons, would (and I stress would) totally outsize the car!!

NeoN HaZe

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

An Electric car that goes from 0-60 in 4 seconds with range of 250 miles??

Not if you gun it all the time no.

Secondly the battery requirements at our current (no joke) level of tech for prolonged fast release of electrons, would (and I stress would) totally outsize the car!!

You do know how many batteries are on board correct? Thousands of Laptop sized batteries are used, which allow them to take advantage of aerodynamics and neatly sidestepping the space eating(trunk, etc) and balance bothering problem that their larger cousins bring to the table. A sedan on the other hand would probably get a range of 180 miles due to heavier size and reduced aerodynamics.

Would it also interest you to know that there have been a couple of battery breakthroughs as of late? One in Lithium, the other in Silver-Zinc. Don't know much about the former aside from the loftly claims of it's inventor, the latter I've been aware of for some time and it's only been recently that they have demonstrated the ability to charge faster the Lithium batteries hold more juice in the same footprint or conversely hold as much in a smaller footprint, etc. It's being touted as a safer and more reusable battery.

This company(Tesla Motors) was founded originally by Silicon Valley money and is staffed by many Lotus engineers. They got the Financial backing and Knowhow of the IT world behind them and they have the Manufacturing capacity and veteran engineers of the Auto world. The viability of the first limited run model may be in question, I agree, however going forward 5 years out I wouldn't bet against them as there is a great need for a product like this.

www.technologyreview.com...

[edit on 29-11-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Well I have something too say about this.

I'VE BEEN IN THE TESLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it has very fast acceleration too but not a high top speed. I believe 130-140mph but it will get there fast!

The car is no joke and it handing uh it great. The interior does look the price. It really shouldn't be that pricey but it has a lot of luxury feature and stuff of more high end cars.

I like it a lot and I only wish they make a cheaper version.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Just saw it on tv, improved motor and battery.

Its a small sport car.

Don't know what the Tesla connection unless its an ac motor.

The Tesla car that Tesla built is on a few web pages and give vague

ideas that an iron pipe antenna picked up so much aether power that

he drove around Canada for a few hours.

He had a Westinghouse electric motor installed and fit in a black box
that made the whole device work.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Firstly the amount of torque generated by an electric engine is next to nothing.

Actually electric motors generally have more torque and less rpms than gas engines of simular power. (torque + rpm = hp)

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
For more info on Tesla Motors, there's also another thread regarding this very same car in a slightly earlier stage of development.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I loved it then, and still love it now. Too bad I don't have $100,000 to drop on a car, because I certainly would own one!

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze

NeoN HaZe

I suggest you read up a bit on this tech. As far as torque is concerned, an electric motor is ALL torque - sky is the limit as long as you have the juice to run it!

As far as battery life - Tesla have made some incredible advancements in this area - but the car has an $80k price tag. More time will allow them to improve the tech and lower the cost for the average consumer. This car is going to be huge.

top topics

join