It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America the Antichrist

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
CHRIST = Acceptance and Understanding
ANTI-CHRIST = IGNORING, and REFUSING to accept or understand..

the anti-christ isn't limited to one or two people.. it can be millions, even billions..

just like christ can't be limited to one or two people.... it's in everyone.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
America is not the anti-Christ. The Pope is not the anti-Christ either.

The anti-Christ will be a human whom the entire world will adore and follow without question. Neither America, nor the Pope, fit that requirement.

[edit on 12/3/2006 by FlyersFan]

We agree on this much FF

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

There is not a 'get out of tribulation free' rapture. It will not happen. Anyone who believes in one, or pushes one, and lives to see the end times and/or the anti-Christ, will have put themselves and their faith at risk if they are counting on an easy-out rapture.

The danger is not believing in a rapture. The danger for the Gentile is missing the rapture. If you miss the rapture, you have missed salvation.

You should be in tribulation right now. The fight is now. You are not waring against flesh and blood but against powers and principalities.

I'm not looking for a get out of the rapture card..........I'm looking up....the redemption draws nigh. Pray that we are worthy to escape what will come on the earth. Your fight is now.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
Why would the people who received an implant torture other people who didn't? And how would people know that the "wrath of god" is coming?

I don’t know how they would react, but people are generally panicky by nature and jealous. If folks will beat the living crap out of each other over a Playstation 3, imagine how they will react when its something truly important. Think of the reason why folks believe that the government would not le the public know if there was to be an asteroid impact, same concept.

Can you really tell what this National ID is going to be?

Yes… The bill has already passed; you can read it yourself.

National ID

This National ID system has not necesssarily even been fully 100% proof tested. So how do YOU know what it is going to be like?

Well I know what the law says it’s supposed to be. There are already disputes about its machine-readable technology being read by those with portable scanners, and what kind of privacy concerns that raises. There are concerns about police officers being able to be tracked down by felons, and other such issues.

Again where do you get that it will "mind control" people? Maybe it is just an identification system! Maybe later on it will have all the information of people and financial info,etc.

I never said that it would mind control anything. What I did say is that it will restrict your freedoms to such a point that it can take away freewill. Lets say that you want to get away from an abusive spouse, well with this in place they can track down where you are again much more simply, by way of an example. The government would know where you are at any moment in time simply by you walking past a RFID reader. If they know then so would a good hacker.

And so what? Are they dying...becoming zombies...Satan coming from the depths of hell claiming their souls?

Please show me where I said they would become that, or are you just trolling?
I simply said that its against my religion, don’t argue this fact with me I did not write the rules, take it up with God when you meet him some day.

Actually...there is very large amount of disagreements on the nature of Revelation by Christians

Actually there is not. There are three basic schools and the prophetic language between them is well known. There are only debates on certain aspects of it. For instance there is no debate amongst all three schools that Christ will return. The debates are in the details and timelines.

There are even whole sects that were created based on the different interpretations!

There is not a single mainline religion, which has split from another, based solely on differences in prophetic interpretations. The mainline groups all split from the Catholic church do to differences in other dogma’s. I think that perhaps you should go and learn something about religion that you did not hear from someone else and are now just repeating. Take a class on it or something.

And no as Christians you do not understand the underlying meanings of the lamps/churches/Babylon/etc. You actually have no unified belief system on the book of Revelations at all. Only your interpretations of a bunch of symbolism that could have meant anything when written.

There are three exact schools (and one that I don’t think is used anymore called idealism), and that is it, there are some subdivisions in those schools (pre, mid, post-tribers..eg), but that is about it. Again the prophetic language is well known and much is never been disputed. For example there is agreement across them all that in some places a day can mean a year or a 1000 years. This is based on other scriptures that have nothing to do with prophecy but encompass the language that makes it up. Of much of this language there is no dispute even amongst the different schools and religions.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   

There is not a 'get out of tribulation free' rapture. It will not happen. Anyone who believes in one, or pushes one, and lives to see the end times and/or the anti-Christ, will have put themselves and their faith at risk if they are counting on an easy-out rapture.

Hey FF, nice to see that we agree on something.

stressed out, but religious, old man had some wild dreams and he wrote them down. He was stressed living in bad conditions in exile. He was stressed after having seen all his friends murdered and himself surviving a murder attempt. He was old and could possibly have been suffering from dementia.

Well its not that simple. Since it follows so closely with Daniel, and “little apocalypse”, it is scripturally sound. It adds some additional detail to those pre-existing scripture, but even if had not been included we would still be here having this discussion.

Revelation isn't important to salvation.

True, if you happen to be lucky enough to not be born around the time that the mark is instituted.

America is not the anti-Christ. The Pope is not the anti-Christ either.

The anti-Christ will be a human whom the entire world will adore and follow without question. Neither America, nor the Pope, fit that requirement.

I am not the first person to say that they are, so there must be something to what it is that I stated above. However as your always going to defend the Catholic Church, and can never see any wrong with things that have been done in the past, nor understand the reasons, no matter how logical, that people find historicism to be accurate, then there is not much point in discussing it.

If you can find anything wrong in the reasoning that I wrote above about the subject then feel free to add it and I will address it. You however seem to think I have some issue with Catholicism, even though nothing could be further from the truth. It’s funny I am an American and am open minded enough to realize that the US fits the bill of the second beast without having a conniption fit about it, I wonder why you have to so staunchly defend against anything anyone here says about Rome? It almost smacks as guilty defensiveness to me.

Who was it that put John in Exile to begin with, and why?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join