It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The very popular middle-eastern HUMMUS.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Hummus is a creamy puree of chickpeas and tahini (sesame seed paste) seasoned with lemon juice and garlic, and is a popular spread and dip in Greece and throughout the Middle East. Hummus can be served as part of a meze platter; with bread or vegetable crudités for dipping; as a spread or filling for pita, lavash or Turkish pide bread; or as a tasty, creamy alternative to butter in sandwiches. A spoonful or two can also be added to Middle Eastern or Greek-style pilafs and stews to add richness.

Ingredients:
2 cloves garlic—roughly chopped
¼ cup lemon juice
¼ cup water
14 oz (400g) canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans)—rinsed and drained
½ cup tahini
1 teaspoon sea salt

Instructions:
Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth, scraping the sides occasionally.
Variations: If you like a spicier hummus, add a small red chili (chopped) or a pinch of cayenne pepper, or try a little cumin for a more exotic variation.

Tip: Prepare extra quantities of hummus—it can be refrigerated, covered, for up to 1 week and frozen for up to 3 months.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
my wife is crazy for this stuff, its quite expensive to buy for very inexpensive to make. I will pass on your recipe, not sure how she makes it

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Yummy!

I have an insane addiction to hummus. I just absolutely love it, particularly variations on the traditional... yummy. It's nice to make a little mountain of hummus, make a little hole in the middle and fill it with red olive oil for dipping flax pitas in.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I tried this recipe Friday night. It turned out very nicely...
I made one addition/alteration, however.

Instead of the 2 cloves of roughly chopped garlic I added 8 freshly roasted garlic cloves and added no additional salt.

Love it!

top topics

join