It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broken leg

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Anyone ever get their leg broken in half, literally?

underwent surgery and had a metal rod put in?

If you need any advice or tips on recovery from that. I can help

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I had something similar in my arm -- a radial head fracture.

I've had two surgeries, been off and on a huge laundry list of drugs, and it still hurts like hell!

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I was in car accident. Was lucky to survive. Very slim chances. But I did and everyone was amazed. I took some crucial decisions in the split seconds that saved my life.

But I did suffer some damage. My bone in my left leg broke in half in the thigh area. Luckliy, the thick thigh flesh did not let the bone come out of the skin. Still, unbelievably painful.

Underwent surgery and had metal rod put in to support my broken bone and let it heal. 2 months in bed. 3-4 months on crutches. Been 9 months and now I can walk, jog, and pretty healed completely

Still have rod in leg, but almost have complete movement back and the bone is almost healed too.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I had a Gnarly Motocross accident on 12/19/04, Ended up breaking some minor sissy bones and my right femur, hit an artery, too foggy to fly me by helicopter, damn near died from blood loss, needless to say, finally after being transported by Ambulance to a local hospital, they sent me to a hospital that could do this surgery, they put a 2 ft titanium rod in my femur, 3 screws, and capped the end of my femur where the rod was inserted.

I was back on a 4 wheeler within 6 weeks, of course I had to keep my leg up, but I was on crutches walking the day after my surgery, the 2 months after surgery, my leg size shrunk to half the size of my other leg, I got a big butt from sitting on my arse playing PS2 and XBOX all day on pain killers, With the daily ride on the four wheel on my land in the back yard, 3 months after I was back on a big bike riding, at that point I could limp everywhere, with a horrible horrible limp, but I could stand on that leg only for about 5 seconds and not fall, couple months after still limping, Going to PT, but I was back on the bike Racing semi pro again. Took about 10 months before things stopped hurting.

Now I still have the rod in, but when it gets cold it aches, when I hike deer hunting, my knee gets bad and gives out. but I can still race like a pro dammit! ha ha its not too bad, just keep up the PT ( Physical Therapy ) and you'll be fine!

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Ive broken my right leg twice..
1 spiral fracture upwards, the other a clean break.

The first time I was playing baseball, I slid to a base and two defenders came in at different angles.
that wasnt so bad...

the 2nd I was in a speed skating squad, the wheel on my skate broke and i went straight into a concrete wall, fast.

I went to a hospital screaming in agony, only to have the xray machine turn up NOTHING.
so they send me home with a panadol n said its just bruised.

all night i laid in bed in pain, my body jolting every few minutes because the nerves in my leg were flinching..

to a different hospital the next morning, and boom.. a spiral fracture was found.

The first xray machine was found to be faulty.. imagine that!

It took weeks learning how to walk after that break, and only last year i had an xray on a soccer injury to find that i have a barb from where my bone seperated.. its about 1.5-2cm long hanging of the side of my bone.

brocken legs arent fun...

join