It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death: So What?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
There's no point in hurrying it if you know it's going to come someday anyway. You may as well live your life then get to find out what comes next later on.

Thats true but i could quite easily get bored with the wait. Hang on, I already am, I want to have an NDE or something. i want to see what I am meant to be doing, because I really don't know.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex

There's no point in hurrying it if you know it's going to come someday anyway. You may as well live your life then get to find out what comes next later on.

Thats true but i could quite easily get bored with the wait. Hang on, I already am, I want to have an NDE or something. i want to see what I am meant to be doing, because I really don't know.

Don't worry apex, sometimes i don't even know what my purpose is either,
i'm a christian, so at least that gives me some hope.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
i am still mainly a christian, but I still don't have a clue.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Well i'm only 18, so i hope i still have some time to find out what my purpose is, cause right now my life seems pretty purposeless.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Well i'm only 18, so i hope i still have some time to find out what my purpose is, cause right now my life seems pretty purposeless.

I'm 18 as well, I am thinking one of these days I am going to try and have an OBE or something that might make my find out some sort of purpose. Hey, you never know.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex

Originally posted by thehumbleone

I'm 18 as well, I am thinking one of these days I am going to try and have an OBE or something that might make my find out some sort of purpose. Hey, you never know.

Don't worry apex, we are still very young, i'm certain we will find out our purpose one day, even if that day is the day we die.

Just try not to worry about it too much, in my short life that is what i have learned, while we're still here we might as well enjoy this life god gave us, even if it seems pointless at times.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
“Only the idea of death makes a warrior sufficiently detached so that he is capable of abandoning himself to anything. He knows his death is stalking him and won’t give him time to cling to anything so he tries, without craving, all of everything.”
-Don Juan Matus/Carlos Castaneda

But I answered and said to him, "Lord, do not mention to us the cross and death, for they are far from you."
The Lord answered and said, "Verily, I say unto you, none will be saved unless they believe in my cross. But those who have believed in my cross, theirs is the kingdom of God. Therefore, become seekers for death, like the dead who seek for life; for that which they seek is revealed to them. And what is there to trouble them? As for you, when you examine death, it will teach you election. Verily, I say unto you, none of those who fear death will be saved; for the kingdom belongs to those who put themselves to death. Become better than I; make yourselves like the son of the Holy Spirit!"
-Apocryphon of James

“A warrior thinks of death when things become unclear. The idea of death is the only thing that tempers our spirit.”

“A warrior-hunter knows that his death is waiting, and the very act he is performing now may well be his last battle on earth. He calls it a battle because it is a struggle. Most people move from act to act without any struggle or thought. A warrior-hunter, on the contrary, assesses every act; and since he has intimate knowledge of his death, he proceeds judiciously, as if every act were his last battle. Only a fool would fail to notice advantage a warrior-hunter has over his fellow men. A warrior-hunter gives his last battle its due respect. It’s only natural that his last act on earth should be the best of himself. It’s pleasurable that way. It dulls the edge of his fright.”

“Death is our eternal companion. It is always to our left, an arm’s length behind us. Death is the only wise adviser that a warrior has. Whenever he feels that everything is going wrong and he’s about to be annihilated, he can turn to his death and ask if that is so. His death will tell him that he is wrong, that nothing really matters outside its touch. His death will tell him, ‘I haven’t touched you yet.’”

“The humbleness of a warrior is not the humbleness of the beggar. The warrior lowers his head to no one, but at the same time, he doesn’t permit anyone to lower his head to him. The beggar, on the other hand, falls to his knees at the drop of a hat and scrapes the floor to anyone he deems to be higher; but at the same time, he demands that someone lower than him scrape the floor for him.”

“The internal dialogue is what grounds people in the daily world. The world is such and such or so and so, only because we talk to ourselves about its being such and such and so and so. The passageway into the world of shamans opens up after the warrior has learned to shut off his internal dialogue.”

“There are lots of things a warrior can do at a certain time which he couldn’t do years before. Those things themselves did not change; what changed was his idea of himself.”

Death is your companion.. for while you are still friends with it.. others will judge it and hate it.. and it will judge them and hate them.. for if you love death, like death loves you, he will cherish you for all times.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Why fear the pain of death if just a few minutes later you're not even going to remember it or know that existed anyway?

Then again, I guess you could say why bother with the earth if one day it's going to be gone and none of this had any point in existing... but that's not really how you should think!

Confusing.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Why fear the pain of death if just a few minutes later you're not even going to remember it or know that existed anyway?

Then again, I guess you could say why bother with the earth if one day it's going to be gone and none of this had any point in existing... but that's not really how you should think!

Confusing.

That is truly not a impeccable way of looking at death..

If you wish to know something.. You press on ... you pay attention intimately..
to every detail no matter how much pain you are in... if you do not pay attention to death and accept it every step, every step to see where it leads.. you will miss... it.
Death wants his attention, like every other person wants attention to be heard and seen.. death is a very judgemental effect though.. if you don't pay adequate attention to it.. it will discard you... if you pay attention to it.. and look at the life that lives inside of death.. when and if you can do that.. you will understand death, and will have conquered it, with knowing.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy

to every detail no matter how much pain you are in...

Well i'd rather know what the rest of my life holds so i'll press on with that for now thanks. I'm not going to chase death just because I don't know what's on the other side.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy

to every detail no matter how much pain you are in...

Well i'd rather know what the rest of my life holds so i'll press on with that for now thanks. I'm not going to chase death just because I don't know what's on the other side.

ask death whats on the other side of him.... he'll answer you... allegory all allegory.. but you should understand.. it isn't a matter of chasing death... its a matter of knowing who your real friends are... you should keep your death close by your side.. and make him your friend.. allegory all allegory..
With death as your guide you can accomplish everything within his bounds.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I fear not death, I fear the great unknown of the afterlife. If I had a choice I would wander this plane for eternity, moving through all exiesteince through the universe and other dimensions.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
And there shall be no more death... Revelation 21:4.
Hang in there jeepin4x4girl, there will come a time when death and the grave (dying) are destroyed. If you don't see the point of life now, you'll see it then.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeepin4x4girl
I get into these debates with myself over the concept of death. The question I like to ask myself the most is, why are most people afraid to die? Is it the fear of dying itself, or is it the fear of dying and leaving their loved ones behind?

In my view, I'm not afraid of dying at all. I see death as a process of life. Now, what I DO fear is the death of any of my family members. I fear the death of any of my family members so immensely that I would rather die before them, just so I don't have to see any of them pass away and go thru the pain of losing them. Is this feeling normal?

I also perceive death as terminal....following death there's just eternal darkness. Like going to sleep at night, except....it's forever. Now I'll say this jokingly, but I'd love to sleep forever, life is too much of a rush for me...between juggling jobs, paying bills, and running around stressed out....death seems like a comforting idea.

With these thoughts I've shared, does anyone else feel the same way I do...or am I just completely wack?

I don't know about the last part, but I definetely fear the death of anyone around me. At points I think I would rather die young than having to deal with the death of loved ones around me. I look at it like this; death is a part of life, so if your scared of death, then your scared of life.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by parapsyk676
I look at it like this; death is a part of life, so if your scared of death, then your scared of life.

WATS to you for that, short post, but to me, what you said is very significant. Death is indeed a part of life; despite being dead.

When it comes to death you (we) are not alone, we are all doomed!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join