It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death: So What?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Larry King saw nothing when he had his heart attack?

Well in my humble opinion, unless he was actually really 'dead', he wouldn't of seen any thing at all... a heart attack alone doesn't mean your gonna see the light and be collected for Heaven...

Many people I have spoken to who have had heart attacks, even severe ones, remained in a state of semi consciousness... and never saw any thing at all..

But on the other hand, those who had actually died, had o heart trace at all, who had no repiratory function and needed major chemical intervention to regain life saw amazing things / had major life changing experiences...

Unless of course this larry King did die, and landed in the pit and could see nothing at all for it is all darkness....?

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I'm not worried about when I die, but how it happens.

For example, I don't want to land myself a Darwin Award.

I'm more concerned about how family/friends would handle my death. It's not something I'm scared of though.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well, I used to be afraid of death. Not anymore. While I firmly believe that our consciousness continues to exist after death, if it doesn't,so what!!

Look at it this way,

(1) If there is life after death,as I expect there is, great.

(2) If there is not, so? It's not like you will be aware that there is nothing. You won't even know that you ever existed because you will no longer exist.

I can accept either option. One is more preferrable,but.. either one I can be at peace with.

[edit on 29-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The instinct of self preservation is quite strong, even when we are dead we want to live on.
I wish I was one of those who believed absolute that there was indeed life after death.
I just, once in awhile, want to sip from the cup of blind naive ignorance that is the source of so much bliss.
But would it be better than beer?

I don't say there is L.A.D. or not, I simply do not know.
Where's me cup!

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have to believe in an After Life.

I have seen and talked with my deseased daughter many times.

Before she died I was not a spiritual person and because of her death I know there is something else on the other side and I KNOW I will see her again someday.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
You have actually talked with her?
Has she said anything about where she is now? What is it like to be where she is?

I have seen or heard ghosts, but nothing that says, 'here is the proof', the proof that they are spirits.
Nothing has ever tried to communicate with me, that would go a long way to helping me to believe.
I want to believe, I just get more skeptical as I get older.
I should look at my experiences and believe, i really should, but like I mentioned, no communication.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Toadmund,I think as we get older we do get more skeptical of things. I don't think it's because we don't believe, rather I think it's due to just not being sure what to believe anymore. throughout our lives, we are exposed to so much and hear so many different theories that we become very perplexed as to what we really believe.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This is a cool song:

Blue Oyster Cult
(Don't Fear) The Reaper

All our times have come
Here but now they're gone
Seasons don't fear the reaper
Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain..we can be like they are
Come on baby...don't fear the reaper
Baby take my hand...don't fear the reaper
We'll be able to fly...don't fear the reaper
Baby I'm your man...

Valentine is done
Romeo and Juliet
Are together in eternity...Romeo and Juliet
40,000 men and women everyday...Like Romeo and Juliet
40,000 men and women everyday...Redefine happiness
Another 40,000 coming everyday...We can be like they are
Baby take my hand...don't fear the reaper
We'll be able to fly...don't fear the reaper
Baby I'm your man...

Love of two is one
Came the last night of sadness
And it was clear she couldn't go on
Then the door was open and the wind appeared
The candles blew then disappeared
The curtains flew then he appeared...saying don't be afraid
Come on baby...and she had no fear
And she ran to him...then they started to fly
They looked backward and said goodby...she had become like they are
She had taken his hand...she had become like they are

[edit on 29-11-2006 by thehumbleone]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Personally I have a great fear of death. But it is not the fear of physical pain, or being unable to complete the things in my life that I wish to. It's that I know that it will cause my family members and friends pain. Like the OP said, it hurts when someone we love passes on. Knowing that what I would feel if my brother or mother or father passed away would be the same for them if I passed away is enough to make me fear death. Many years ago I was on the verge of some very dark mental and emotional things and it was the love of my family that got me through it (even though I didn't reciprocate it back then, I knew their love for me was unconditional and I just could not bring myself to let them down).

That being said I do not live my life worrying about germs, or taking one form of transportation over another because it's safer. I think life is what we make of it and if we spend a large amount of time on trying to stay alive, life will be over before we know it. So it's kinda a conflict between those two things for me personally. But it is very different for everyone.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeepin4x4girl
With these thoughts I've shared, does anyone else feel the same way I do...or am I just completely wack?

No, you pretty much hit the nail on the head!

Which is why I'm enjoying my life to the fullest. No middle-man nor afterlife necessary. My heaven is right here.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Fiverz, I witnessed both the death of my father and then my mother in about a six months time. It definitely hurts. I can tell you, neither my father or mother feared death as much as they feared what would happen to the rest of us kids once they were gone. It was very painful to witness,something I will never forget. When you watch people take his/her last breath, it stays with you forever.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I have this funny little belief that I will live a very, very long time, and perhaps never die* It is just a feeling I have and not really based on any empiracle evidence though I have survived a automoblie accident where everyone else involved was killed, was in a alcohol induced coma for two days, flatlined twice and woke up basically fine, and have placed myself in several very stubid situations before where I probably should have been killed, i seem to have a charmed life: or a guardian angel who protects stupid people*

That said I will freely admit I am afraid of death, I do not like the idea of nonexistance, and I wonder how cultural the fear is? For ex, in America no matter what your religion or belief system you cannot escape the puritanical fear of hell that pervades this society* it is everywhere, and seems to spread like cancer* The fear of suffering is a big reason for the fear of death, and I wonder in a culture that embraces reincarnation not as a idea but as a reality if the fear of death is anywhere near an issue like it is in the USA

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
very sorry, my I accidentally hit post on my laptop twice, while I am at it might as well say the reason for the astericks is that the period button on my laptop is broken

[edit on 29-11-2006 by Spores From Space]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I think im like some of you in the regaurds that i dont fear death.
I look at it as the extreme price you pay for the life you were given here.

I find it far more sading to know id miss those left behind,families,friends,etc.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeepin4x4girl
I get into these debates with myself over the concept of death. The question I like to ask myself the most is, why are most people afraid to die? Is it the fear of dying itself, or is it the fear of dying and leaving their loved ones behind?

I'm afraid of dying and going to hell

In my view, I'm not afraid of dying at all. I see death as a process of life. Now, what I DO fear is the death of any of my family members. I fear the death of any of my family members so immensely that I would rather die before them, just so I don't have to see any of them pass away and go thru the pain of losing them. Is this feeling normal?

Yes, i think of that sometimes

I also perceive death as terminal....following death there's just eternal darkness. Like going to sleep at night, except....it's forever. Now I'll say this jokingly, but I'd love to sleep forever, life is too much of a rush for me...between juggling jobs, paying bills, and running around stressed out....death seems like a comforting idea.

I am christian, so i don't believe death is the end, although i do worry because i don't always live up to my christian standards.

I also find life to a be struggle sometimes, i also get frusturated when people, like my parents expect me to be something i don't wanna be.

With these thoughts I've shared, does anyone else feel the same way I do...or am I just completely wack?

If you're wack, then we're all wack.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I did believe in life after death and i suppose i still do however some of your posts have given me doubt. My mother performs autopsys and my father is a funeral director so i kinda grew up with death as kid and still to this day see death about 5 times a week if i visit my parents in work.

Whilst in Bosnia and Iraq in the military i have witnessed death actually happening and that is a life changing thing on its own to watch a walking talking person become a lifeless carcass in a split second

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Who knows why we are truly here?

Yes, i have faith in what christ taught, but i will admit sometimes doubtful thoughts pop into my mind.

I like the book of Ecclesiastes in the bible, has anyone read it?

I feel i can relate to him.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
My biggest fear is not existing, so naturally I am quite afraid of death. Sometimes I'm just sitting there and I think about it. What if it IS just black emptiness and not existing, forever? It kind of hits me like a wall, just thinking that it is quite a strong probability that it is the case. Kind of makes all of life seem futile because you are going to die anyway so nothing really matters, and on the other hand you want to live as long as possible just to be assured that you will still exist, at least for a little longer.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The big black empty nothingness,that could come with death,is a scary thought.
The thought of nothing you having done mattering.But in science I learned that the body is made up basically of energy and water.And i also learned that energy cannot be destroyed,just displaced.
So im thinking Your energy(or soul if you perfer) does live on after death.
Even if its that little bit,just an inch,you still exist.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I am kind of the same, i'm not scared of dying, but i'm scared of what comes after. Not knowing that I ever existed or that anything ever existed. Not having a consciousness, not being able to think!?

All I can say is you may as well live your life to the full and do all you can because you may not have the chance when you're gone.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join