It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christ-like Figures in mythology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I've been wondering some time now, and thinking about all the correlations between the story fo Yeshua of Nazareth and the figures in mythology that are all very similar.

My question is this:

Could it be possible that, given the depths of the human subconscious, when God created man he ingrained this into our minds. That all along, deep in our subconscious, we knew the story of Jesus Christ, and it kinda worked its way to the surface over these thousands of years, up until the birth of Jesus. This being done so that we may recognize our saviour when he comes. Could this be manifested so many times throughout history's religions?

You guys see what I'm getting at? Anybody feel free to expand. I'm not sure i got out exactly what i wanted, its kinda hard to explain, but i think that works.

What are you guys' opinions?

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Sounds as possible or plausible as anything else. Some people usually explain the christ like characters in previous myths as being created by satan, that, for some reason, satan knew that jesus would come about, and he was powerful enough to create all these other myths that were like jesus. That way, people in the modern world would say 'jesus is just an amalgamation of these other myths'.

I suppose thats the negative person's take on what you are talking about, whereas yours is a more positive take.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Yes all these Christ like figures are put in place to keep you from seeing Jesus the Christ. It's really just thousands of version of the same story with thousands of diffenent twists and changes.

All the Myths come from the real people of Nimrod, Semiramis and Tammuz.

In Egypt it is Osisris, Isis and Horus.

The real story of Semiramis and Tammuz also becomes a myth of Ishtar and Tammuz.

You see the same thing with Zeus, having relations with a mortal woman(I don't remember her name offhand and not going to lookup) and having a son Hercules the savior of the world. All these myths were put in place to keep people from seeing the Messiah.

Here is Peter talking about these cunning fables.

2 Peter 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

Peter is saying they saw Jesus majesty with their own eyes and were not following all of the fables that were around.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
But then Peter also said, \" Let not the vain speeches of any trouble you,
that they may draw you aside from the truth that I teach.

talk about vanity. guess we know where the Im right everyone else is wrong thing came from.

new topics

top topics

join