It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
If people lived together in peace...

I mean err.. Imagine if a new species of animal was discovered. Take chupacubra for instance, that was potentially dangerous. What would happen to it once we knew where it lived? Zooed? Or hunted to extinction? Or submitted to horrific science experiments? Or simply left to be as it is. Whats more likely?

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I think we would treat it like other animals. It would be a spectacular at first but then we get used to it as being just another animal.

It would be part of zoos and if its close to extinction the govt. would put it on the endengered species list.

If it turns out to be a real monster then it would be experimented on and killed off.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Agriculturalised and bred as a pet for the rich. I'd buy two to guard my house. Like Mr. Burns would say, "Release the hounds!" I would say "Libere los Chupadores de Cabra! (Release the goat suckers)"

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   
i think we'd experiment on it, then it'll be like evry other animal and thrown in a zoo. let's just hope it's not a petting zoo if it is a chupacabra.. don't want the kids seeing THAT animal feeding..

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
We find new species of animals all the time.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
With all the animal protection agencies and crosses around, they will let free in their habitat, but that habitat will be
protected.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I know many bigfoot searchers have the following idea when it comes to cryptozoological animals. Shoot and kill the first specimen you come across so that it can be studied, and then immedietley make the new species a protected one. Not sure if I personally agree with the killing of it, but that is how alot of people think. They go looking for bigfoot with a hunting rifle, with the intent of killing the first one they come across. All in the name of science, sure....

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monk
...Take chupacubra for instance, that was potentially dangerous. What would happen to it once we knew where it lived? Zooed? Or hunted to extinction? Or submitted to horrific science experiments? Or simply left to be as it is. Whats more likely?

knowing my luck, id be on my land, and they gov't would be like,

"you cant kill it, that's its habitat,
you have to watch it and make sure it is not harmed.
and you have to pay for this all outta your own pocket."

that would suck.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
well, i haven't seen a human locked up in a zoo yet. they're animals too. the most dangerous carnivorus predator of them all. they even kill their own kind. and hunt and kill other animals just for sport, and not to eat.
that'll be the day

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
great post awesome topic

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
I know many bigfoot searchers have the following idea when it comes to cryptozoological animals. Shoot and kill the first specimen you come across so that it can be studied, and then immedietley make the new species a protected one. Not sure if I personally agree with the killing of it, but that is how alot of people think. They go looking for bigfoot with a hunting rifle, with the intent of killing the first one they come across. All in the name of science, sure....

I think more than likely the motivation for wanting to "kill a bigfoot" is to prove it exsists. Obviously, they only way people will EVER be convinced that these cryptozoological animals exsist is if they capture a live one, or find a dead body.
People who would hunt it with a rifle are probably looking for the fame of being "The first man/woman who finally finds proof!". They would become famous overnight. And alot of people want that.

Of course, there might be another group that is really just curious and wants to find it and may just be afraid of it. People fear what they don't understand.
I know if I was out in the woods looking for some unknown animal, roughly twice my size and 5 times my weight that was probably semi-intelligent, I'd want some sort of protection just in case. I sure wouldn't "shoot on sight" though.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Anybody read the ATS news article about the shooting of a "skunk ape" or bigfoot in tennessee? why would the government cover it up? are local officials i.e. poilce/law enforcement looking for a reason to feel more important by covering up something that has little or no effect on the psyche of the countries citizens? If local officials are covering up the shooting of a bigfoot in tennessee all i ask is why??

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I agree, they really have no reason to at all. It's not like Aliens or something that might change our entire perception of science. It would be a big deal for a few weeks in the media, and then life would go on.

Personally, I think the story was blown out of proportion, maybe deliberately to get some attention. But I think of anything actually was killed, the police officers would be there smiling for the camera, ready to tell their story to dateline.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   
They would likely breed the Chupa to be a new military weapon provided that it is not one already?

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
They would likely breed the Chupa to be a new military weapon provided that it is not one already?

I dunno...that doesn't seem like it would be a very effective weapon for the military to use.
First, have there even been ANY "reported" chupacabra attacks on people? All I've heard is about livestock. And while I suppose if they attacked livestock they COULD attack people too, it obviously hasn't yet so it wouldn't make much sense as a weapon, unless you're declaring war on livestock.

I can just see it now:
"Mr. President, Sir, we've located an Al Qaida training camp. We've released the chupacabra, and can positively report 2 of the enemy goats have been killed. We have them demoralized, sir. Next, we'll hit the cows"

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 03:18 AM
link   
What makes you think they could not attack people?

Do we not have blood too?

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:43 AM
link   

What makes you think they could not attack people?

Do we not have blood too?

Did you read my whole post?

My point was up to now there have been no reported incidents of Chupacabra attacking people. While they COULD, obviously, they haven't yet, as far as we know, and certainly not on any kind of wide scale to be of any use in any kind of war.

It's like Vampire bats. Could THEY "attack" a human? Yes. DO they attack humans? No. (at least very, VERY rarely). So tell me: Would it be effective to release a dozen vampire bats into Iraq in the hope that they MAY attack people because they're grumpy that day? Nah. I think the military would stick with F-15s and M-16s rather than hope a creature got around to attacking a random person.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
I All in the name of science, sure....

Science can be wrong sometimes. Like animal testing.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Another option....Unlikely for a chupacabra but....Pets? Like the poi dog....
Could a crypto be a pet?

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenZeroOne

I dunno...that doesn't seem like it would be a very effective weapon for the military to use.
First, have there even been ANY "reported" chupacabra attacks on people? All I've heard is about livestock. And while I suppose if they attacked livestock they COULD attack people too, it obviously hasn't yet so it wouldn't make much sense as a weapon, unless you're declaring war on livestock.

I can just see it now:
"Mr. President, Sir, we've located an Al Qaida training camp. We've released the chupacabra, and can positively report 2 of the enemy goats have been killed. We have them demoralized, sir. Next, we'll hit the cows"

that was awesome! you crack me up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join