It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democrat Party!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Yes I said it! The Democrat Party, not Democratic Party.

A while back I mentioned the Democrat Party, and someone rudely tried to correct me saying the proper way to say it was Democratic Party. I shrugged my shoulders saying that really doesn't make sense, but wanting to be grammatically correct, I made a mental note not to do it again.

But it seems I was correct all along! It is the Democrat Party!

www.rushlimbaugh.com...

Rush Limbaugh pages usually disappear after time so here is the full statement...

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Apparently the Democrats are just fit to be tied over the fact that the president and people like me refer to them as the "Democrat" Party rather than the "Democratic" Party. They are all upset, and Ruth Marcus in the Washington Post asked: Why would you purposely refer to people in a way they don't want to be referred to? Why would you purposely insult them? If they have asked to be called the Democratic Party, why would you persist in calling them the Democrat Party? Well, uh, ladies and gentlemen, they are not the Democratic Party. I know what they're trying to accomplish here. They're attempting to kill two birds with one stone by having the title of their party have Democrat as a root word, but Democratic itself is a word that conveys action and conveys philosophy and conveys behavior, all of these things, versus the Republican Party.

You wouldn't call them the Republicanic Party or the Republicanism Party. It's the Republican Party, and they are the Democrat Party. We don't call them the Democratics when we talk about them, we call them the Democrats. I don't care what they want to be called; we're going to get it right. You know, just because somebody wants to be called something, it's not as though it's a name and you want to be called by your given name. Who was it that did this? Well, actually there's been a lot of people who have asked to have their names changed: P. Diddy, from Sean Combs to Puff Daddy or what have you. That's a different thing. But they are not the Democratic Party in the sense that only they are democratic and have all of the circumstances that that definition connotes.

They are the Democrat Party. Why are they so upset about that? Why are they so upset about being called the Democrat Party? They are Democrats! It was funny to read this, because Ruth Marcus was really upset at the Republicans for not respecting the wishes of the Democratics to be called the Democratic Party. We're either going to call them the Democratics and the Democratic Party or the Democrats and the Democrat Party. I even get e-mail. Sometimes I slip and refer to them as the Democratic Party because people have for most of their lives. It was Ruth who asked: "Is one syllable of civility too much to ask?" I get e-mails from people, angry e-mails, if I refer to the Democrats as the "Democratic" Party. Is it really fair for one party to have a title or a name that implies they are a certain kind of people at the exclusion of all other political parties? That's why they want this to be utilized in that way, because it implies something, it states something about them that it doesn't state about the Republicans.

END TRANSCRIPT

As usual, Rush is right again!

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
first of all

rush isn't the authority on what a political party is called

secondly

this is a pointless argument to have

we're arguing over 2 LETTERS

[edit on 11/28/06 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Rush Limbaugh is an imbecilic, lying, drug-addicted, hate and fear mongering moron. I have zero respect for him. I remember him coming on the radio in Sacramento when I lived there. I couldn't stand him then and can't stand him now. You do know he makes up most of his "facts" don't you?

And no, I'm not against him because he's a Republican or because "he's right"; I'm against him for what he personally stands for; yellow journalism, no integrity and dishonesty in his reporting. He sure never misses a chance to bash Democrats and liberals, even when he has no reason, he just makes one up.

He is nothing but a hate-mongerer, how anyone could listen to him is beyond me.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady

Now that I have seen an example of your hate-mongering, could you give me an example of Rush's? I have listened to his show for 16 years and have yet to hear anything hateful.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Now that I have seen an example of your hate-mongering, could you give me an example of Rush's? I have listened to his show for 16 years and have yet to hear anything hateful.

let me list them off

-recent attacks on michael j. fox

-he claimed that terrorists would prefer the democrats to win the most recent election

-he claimed that democrats orchestrated the foley scandal

-he baselessly smeared the 9/11 comission when talking about the fake-umentary "the path to 9/11"

-he claimed that obesity in the country was caused by the "liberal government" and food stamps

is that enough hate mongering?

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
They're called the democratic party because that was their platform, like the 'right to life party', etc.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

let me list them off

-recent attacks on michael j. fox

-he claimed that terrorists would prefer the democrats to win the most recent election

-he claimed that democrats orchestrated the foley scandal

-he baselessly smeared the 9/11 comission when talking about the fake-umentary "the path to 9/11"

-he claimed that obesity in the country was caused by the "liberal government" and food stamps

is that enough hate mongering?

Michael J. Fox admitted to mismedicating himself, pointing that out is not hate, Fox inserted himself into politics and should not get a free ride.

Terrorists themselves have expressed joy about the Democrat win.

The timing of the release of the Foley messages was very beneficial to Democrats.

Disputing Government comissions is hate mongering? What about the Warren comission? Is disputing that hate mongering, or is it a search for the truth?

Food stamps and obesity may have a link. Why is this hateful?

Come on! Gotta do better than that!

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

He spreads very vicious anti-Democrat propaganda, just for starters. It is designed to stir up hatred for the Left. He doesn't even bother to check his facts and so he's always spreading misinformation as well. There are many, many examples of that.

As for Michael J. Fox, he was not mismedicated and Rush apologized to him. It shows you the utter lack of compassion this guy has. And besides, Rush has never "mismedicated" himself?

RRC, I think your worship of Rush says volumes about you.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   

He spreads very vicious anti-Democrat propaganda, just for starters. It is designed to stir up hatred for the Left. He doesn't even bother to check his facts and so he's always spreading misinformation as well. There are many, many examples of that.

As for Michael J. Fox, he was not mismedicated and Rush apologized to him. It shows you the utter lack of compassion this guy has. And besides, Rush has never "mismedicated" himself?

RRC, I think your worship of Rush says volumes about you.

Michael J. Fox said on a Barbara Walters interview that he may have taken "too much" medication before his Politcal ad. Too much or not enough, it was a medication problem that made for his shocking appearance.

What kind of anti-Democrat propaganda are you talking about? Spreading misinformation? Since you said there are "many, many examples", how about naming two?

The Democrat Party has been hate-mongering for the last 6 years, and it doesn't even compare to what Limbaugh does.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Michael J. Fox said on a Barbara Walters interview that he may have taken "too much" medication before his Politcal ad. Too much or not enough, it was a medication problem that made for his shocking appearance.

What kind of anti-Democrat propaganda are you talking about? Spreading misinformation? Since you said there are "many, many examples", how about naming two?

The Democrat Party has been hate-mongering for the last 6 years, and it doesn't even compare to what Limbaugh does.

What I was trying to say is sthat Fox was not intentionally over or under medicated. I mess up sometimes on my meds, too. But a MISTAKE is very different from intentionally trying to mislead the public. Shocking appearance? The man is very, very ill for crying out loud.

As to examples, well, if you haven't found anything objectionable, sleazy or dishonest about him for the last 16 years, I doubt that anything I could say would open your eyes. So do your own research. I was simply expressing an opinion about Rush, so lay off and get back to the topic, the topic, which, YOU started. Geez, derailing your own thread...

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Since no one wants to defend the stupidity of calling the Democrat Party the Democratic Party. We can turn it into a Rush Limbaugh thread.

As the originator of this thread, I applaud the effort to turn it into a Rush-Bashing thread. All I have seen is talk about how Rush is a hate-mongerer with no credible examples whatsoever.

Can someone even name one example???

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Since no one wants to defend the stupidity of calling the Democrat Party the Democratic Party. We can turn it into a Rush Limbaugh thread.

As the originator of this thread, I applaud the effort to turn it into a Rush-Bashing thread. All I have seen is talk about how Rush is a hate-mongerer with no credible examples whatsoever.

Can someone even name one example???

There have been given examples, and it is not anyone's problem but your own if you don't feel that they are "credible" enough, when you are the one choosing to turn a blind eye to it.

It is "Rush-Bashing" because you used Rush Limbaugh as your (I hope I can type this without laughing..) "source". :shk: Therefore, as the person who posted the source, we have the obligation to judge your source, and deem whether or not it is credible. It is no different from anyone talking about Alex Jones, and what some people may call him, when he is used for a "source."

You say how nutty the Democraps are for being worried about two letters? Um.. who exactly is it that posted the thread obsessing over those two letters, using a pill popping, socially imbecilic madman as their source. It will be chewed apart, but if you don't like it, and you can't see it then the fault is your own, not anyone elses.

[edit on 11/30/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Michael J. Fox admitted to mismedicating himself, pointing that out is not hate, Fox inserted himself into politics and should not get a free ride.

Terrorists themselves have expressed joy about the Democrat win.

The timing of the release of the Foley messages was very beneficial to Democrats.

Disputing Government comissions is hate mongering? What about the Warren comission? Is disputing that hate mongering, or is it a search for the truth?

Food stamps and obesity may have a link. Why is this hateful?

Come on! Gotta do better than that!

it's hate mongering because there is no evidence behind any of these claims, they are all baseless
not even logical arguments

it is hate-mongering because THEY ARE BASELESS ATTACKS

and give me 1 instance of terrorists celebrating a democrat's victory, just 1 instance of the celebration of 1 or more candidates

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Too much or not enough, it was a medication problem that made for his shocking appearance.

The tremors and spasms that Fox was suffering from aren't the result of over or under medication, they ARE what the medication does. The fact that Limbaugh was so completely shocked as to what the problems associated with parkinson's are, that he could only assume that it was an act, shows that he's nothing but a bloated gasbag, who doesn't even understand the things he is railing against. He's a complete hypocrit and fraud.

We can turn it into a Rush Limbaugh thread.

You're the one that brought limbaugh up, and cited him as a reasonable source of information. He's not, he's a blow hard and a drug adled moron.

As far as calling it the 'democrat party', that makes about as much sense as calling it the 'republic party'. Its the Democratic Party, thats the damned name of the organization.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Really, what differance does it make? The Dem's are still about to take over the house and senate and all I can say is WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!

Pelosi in 07!!!

new topics

top topics

join