It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Buffalo Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The descendant of "Miracle" struck by lightning Sept. 11 2001,HomeStead, has now also passed away, struck by lighting.
News

Is there a message in this?
Where do we go for answers?
Our hearts?

Forgive me Mods if this is in the wrong forum and please move it.

WIS
Another Link History

[edit on 28-11-2006 by WalkInSilence]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Strange that they would both die in the same manner.
I am not sure what to take from this. I suppose it's a sign that they don't necessarily represent what we think them to represent. I don't know.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
All of these white buffalo have been born on this guy's farm? I thought that they were supposed to be very rare? Is he possibly doing selective breeding to make sure that he has lots of white buffalo? He's had three apparently. All are dead. One only lived a few days.

The article doesn't say that Miracle, the older white buffalo, died by lightening. It says this one was killed by lightening, along with others, because it was standing next to a tall tree. THe third one didn't die by a ligthening strike either.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
All of these white buffalo have been born on this guy's farm?

I thought that they were supposed to be very rare?

Is he possibly doing selective breeding to make sure that he has lots of white buffalo?

aren't they still 'protected', that leads one to think that there a very few farms or ranches where they ar kept, bred, until released on a free range herd thing?

rarity was in the old days!,
when there wasn't animal husbandry or artificial insemination in a controlled environment, is my guess

not unlike the Jewish Sages or Rebbis , lending/directing financial support to the breeders of Red Heiffers...for future ritual or symbolic use....
but in this case White Buffalo

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Nygdan my dear friend, yes it does if you would take the time to read the article!

But in the long run it doesn't matter, those with ears will hear and all the others will discourage the innocent.

You don't have a clue of what I am talking about, do you?

Guess there is nothing "special" about this, was just a thought.
WIS

[edit on 28-11-2006 by WalkInSilence]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Sounds like an omen to me. What more signs do we need that the world is damned? I still Israel is still pushing for WWIII with Iran.

What did the natives say about this one because this is their kind of symbology.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by WalkInSilence
You don't have a clue of what I am talking about, do you?:

Ok, I missed the one from the history page.

It also reads

This woman was Lila wakan, very sacred, and could not be treated with disrespect. Lightning instantly struck the brash young man and burned him up, so that only a small heap of blackened bones was left.

To the other scout who had behaved rightly, the White Buffalo Calf Woman said: "Good things I am bringing, something holy to your nation[...]buffalo represents the universe and the four directions, because he stands on four legs, for the four ages of creation. The buffalo was put in the west by Wakan Tanka at the making of the world, to hold back the waters.

Every year he loses one hair, and in every one of the four ages he loses a leg. The sacred hoop will end when all the hair and legs of the great buffalo are gone

But does anyone honestly expect the world to end, or the new cycle to start, because of a lakota myth??

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

But does anyone honestly expect the world to end, or the new cycle to start, because of a lakota myth??

Ignore Lakota wisdom at your peril, Nygdan.

Goes for most myths - there is deep knowledge in myth, if we can get past our hubris and misplaced arrogance. imo

Ed. to add:

That said - I am frustrated with people who go all fatalistic, abdicate responsibility and say "Oh well, nothing to be done. It's all in the Bible (or wherever). It's the end of days, preordained."

Pah. Yes, some things like climate change and pole flips are cyclic - and I have no doubt the ancients recognized the larger cosmic cycles.

I also have no doubt they could do the math - dump a few thousand people on a planet, let them breed, and within a thousand generations your gonna be overrun. Then things happen, like water and food shortages, disease, and war. They knew that, imo. It's all pretty obvious if you give it about 3 minutes thought. Even to "uncivilized savages."

...BUT. Visualize an evolution of consciousness. Or it's back to Sisyphus, which however you tell it, is the story of humanity.

And imo - most myths are warnings about the dangers of getting married to that particular dynamic.

[edit on 28-11-2006 by soficrow]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
hubris and misplaced arrogance.

But, but, what would i have left if not overweening pride and misplaced arrogance???

But think about it, if the christers were saying 'Behold! Social Security numbers are the mark of the beast, the end is nigh, REPENT SINNER!', would any of us REALLY worry?

Or it's back to Sisyphus

Well, come on, I mean, the rock ain't all that heavy, and there's virtue in good hard labour at the end of the day. Plus the satisfaction of knowing that you've allways got a job and serve a utility.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   

But, but, what would i have left if not overweening pride and misplaced arrogance???

...and there's virtue in good hard labour at the end of the day. Plus the satisfaction of knowing that you've allways got a job and serve a utility.

You're a funny guy Nygdan, when you drop your arrogant demeanor and hubritic facade.

Thanks for the

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Nygdan, I didn't know you where human, you are actually funny

I am so relieved. Ups you're a Mod, I will hurry up and wash my foul mouth in soup and water.

Please, I just found this slightly interesting.
And no I don't believe our world will end because of a Lakota myth, nor any other myth.
I don't expect nor anticipate the end either, I view the topic more as an intellectual and spiritual "renewal".

But to dismiss the wisdom or message implanted in myths by our predecessors I find foolish at the least. And this is "Prophecies & Predictions", is it not?

Do we not seek knowledge of our physical past in the remains of past generations?
When we scrutinize DNA, cell structure or the evolution of virus do we not find answers?
Is a tale much different? Could it be that we here could find hidden knowledge crucial to our survival?

Alas off topic again. I presumed some of our members would have contemplated this matter?
Is "Life" in its simple way far from scientific logic displaying a message?
WIS

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Any truth to the rumor that the Indians are looking for a lightning rod?

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Sun I know you are joking here, but, lighting will leave a physical trace in the ground when it strikes.
I will find a link for you later

WIS

[edit on 29-11-2006 by WalkInSilence]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Does this have anything to do with White Buffalo Calf Woman?

White Buffalo Calf Woman
Announces the Sacred Drumming
8th August 2004

www.xeeatwelve.com...

White Buffalo Calf Woman's Letter of Warning About Those Who Use the Dark Arts
21st June, 2004

www.xeeatwelve.com...

The Return of White Buffalo Woman
www.xeeatwelve.com...

core source:
www.xeeatwelve.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I remember reading an old indian myth about white buffallos. It said that after 7(?) had been born, the world will end. Pretty sure it was about them being born and not dying. Anyways I've heard of like 2 or 3 being born, but I'm sure theres more I havent heard about.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I don't know, but if I remember right, when miracle died, the reports kind of left me in doubt, like maybe there was foul play involved. a lightening strike wouldn't have given me that impression..
you might want to track down the original stories about that one.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Unfortunately I believe one of the white buffalo was killed however I am not sure if it was miracle.

Many many other native american historically and time proven prophecies do seem to have come about so I take this with a pinch of salt but a very small one.

Regards

Elf

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
what a shame that the young buffalo died...by the preverbial 'act of god' or 'act of nature'....a sign of things to come??

but..it was stated that both miracle AND the new young white buffalo were BOTH killed by lightning.....which is NOT correct.
Miracle died of 'natural causes' at the age of ten...

A female named Miracle (not to be confused with Miracle Moon), was born at the family farm of Dave, Valerie, and Corey Heider near Janesville, Wisconsin on August 20, 1994. Her fur fully transitioned to brown as she matured, and she gave birth to four calves of her own before dying of natural causes on September 19, 2004. Sioux tribal members had continually visited their farm since the birth of Miracle. Additionally, a calf born at the Heider farm died aged 4 days in 1996. A third white calf was born in August 2006 which died after being struck by lightning in November of the same year.

link

Just when things had settled down at the famed Heider farm after the 1994 birth of a white buffalo calf named ''Miracle,'' this phenomenon has taken a startling new turn. Yet another white buffalo calf was born Aug. 24, this time during a severe thunderstorm at the Wisconsin farm. This is where Miracle was born almost exactly 12 years earlier, the first to be seen since 1933. Miracle died at the age of 10, and Valerie Heider named the new arrival ''Miracle's Second Chance.''

link

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Thanks ClearMind,
I guess I have a need to trust there are some things we can not explain, we may just observe and believe with out knowing.

Do you have a link to that Bush qoute in your signature?
WIS

new topics

top topics

join