It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70% of U.S. smokers want to quit! Let's just kill this airbourne disease & outlaw smoking for good.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I've been a smoker for 24 years and I would love to quit.Anybody have a fool proof plan on how to quit?

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I'm also going to walk down the street in nothing but old krusty underware. It's legal, no law against it. If people don't like looking at my sweaty blob of a torso and my streachmarks well then their fasicsts and aholes.

Actually that would be agains the lwaw, since it would be
considered indecent exposure.

Just thought I'd add that.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by realanswers
I rather see the smokers' true criminal character come to life to show how they don't care about human life to the generations to come.
The 30% of willing to not quit-stubborn gas passers is only about 1.4 million people.
Sorry, the 1.4 million air breathingly challenged can't hold up to the 298 million other people in the U.S. in votes or in a fight.

So now we have a "criminal character"? If you want to blame anyone for smokers blame the tobacco industry and about sixty years of collusion with the government.

Oh how amazingly insightful you are, yes smokers do not care about the world because we consider it a little high handed when somebody tells us what horrible and weak people we are.

For someone who claims to be so insightful and evolved your quite quick to point fingers at who are the trouble makers in society.

And of course proving your enlightenment by proclaiming that basically if it were to come to a vote smokers would lose...um did you read my earlier post about the california initiative?

And oh yes the final bastion of the enlightened, let's fight. Very nice, yes the healthy non-smokers shall beat the wheezing smokers into submission, for their own good.

Wow, it's like I'm talking with buddha himself.

Which reminds oh wise one, still waiting for your response to this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

SPiderj

Yes I'm smoking as I type this.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diseria
Indeed, increased knowledge... increased supressed knowledge...

Let us increase our knowledge:

url=http://www.forces.org/evidence/evid/therap.htm]BENEFITS of smoking![/url]

Smoking increases metabolism which helps the body in many ways, but the credit goes to increasing metabolism, NOT smoking which DOES CAUSE CANCER!

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
You know, I have a pet conspiracy theory about this.

In the late 40’s, early 50’s of the last century the government was setting off nukes in the atmosphere on a regular basis. Then they realized how dangerous it was and started conducting underground nuke tests. They had one problem though; all the radiation they had already pumped into the atmosphere with their tests. They knew there would be allot of unexplained cancers in the civilian population. They came up with a plan.

The Surgeon General announced that cigarettes caused cancer. That way when the lung cancers spiked it could be blamed on smoking and as it trailed off that could be accredited to the decline in smoking.

It was brilliant.

Notice you didn’t get the cancer spike in France or Japan, which are far more smoker friendly countries.

I have absolutely nothing to back this up except my wild imagination and extreme paranoia against all forms of controlling governments.

On a more serious note; The addiction is not about smokers addicted to nicotine, it’s about the government being addicted to the tax dollars that smoking brings in. Stop yelling at smokers and start yelling at your congressman if you really want to put the blame where it goes.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Actually in Los Angeles it's NOT against the law and it's NOT indecent exposure. I know because I had a crazy neighbor who would get drunk and walk down the street in just her bra and underware...she's 55! EEECHHH!!! Anyways we tried calling the cops on her for it after she had done it for the 10th time, and after they would go and check her out they would come back and tell us that other than possible drunkeness in public she hasen't broken anylaws. As long as you are technically wearing underware and not letting the gonads and lala's hang out it legal.

Great point though legal but wrong. catch my drift.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
walking around with human fecal matter sure, cow manuer no.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I live in los angeles and I say put em on big fella, I'll meet ya at farmers market.

If you've got the stones to wear your krusty skivs in public (especially in this weather) the least I can do is buy you a beer.

Spiderj

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Besides I can make plenty of stink concoctions out of mushroom manuer, and urea legal also.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Free Beer yeah!!!

Which farmers market. The one at the grove or the one in santa monica. Saturday good?

I like Newcastle by the way. And I'll need a 12 pack before I go out in public.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Yeah bassplayer you definitely need to come have a beer

But for godsakes wash your hands first.

SPiderj

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The one at the grove and saturday is fine...no skivvies no free beer.

Or we coud meet at molly malones heck I'm pretty sure everybody there would buy you a round if you walked in wearing your crustys.

the washing your hands thing still stands....as for the twelve pack of courage, your on your own but I'll spring for the cab.

SPiderj

[edit on 11/28/2006 by Spiderj]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
You know, I have a pet conspiracy theory about this.

In the late 40’s, early 50’s of the last century the government was setting off nukes in the atmosphere on a regular basis. Then they realized how dangerous it was and started conducting underground nuke tests. They had one problem though; all the radiation they had already pumped into the atmosphere with their tests. They knew there would be allot of unexplained cancers in the civilian population. They came up with a plan.

The Surgeon General announced that cigarettes caused cancer. That way when the lung cancers spiked it could be blamed on smoking and as it trailed off that could be accredited to the decline in smoking.

It was brilliant.

Notice you didn’t get the cancer spike in France or Japan, which are far more smoker friendly countries.

I have absolutely nothing to back this up except my wild imagination and extreme paranoia against all forms of controlling governments.

That's actually a really good theory.

I think I may hjave to go do some research, not that I'm saying
your lieing, but, well I like to do reseach.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I want very badly to applaud you MrWupy, but I can't because you're a fellow mod.

Cancer rates exploded after the nuclear tests, and cigarettes provided a convenient scapegoat.

Anyway, I would love to see all you non-smokers bring hard evidence to the table that smoking causes all the cancer it gets blamed for causing. The source of a cancer CANNOT BE DETERMINED without expensive tests which are not covered by insurance, so very, very few people get them done. Causality cannot be guessed at, nevermind proven, if you rely solely on statistical tangents.

One Canadian forest fire puts all the smokers in the WORLD to shame in terms of particulates and carcinogens - but keep attacking the scapegoat if it makes y'all feel smart and righteous.

Furthermore, evidence painting smoking in a less ridiculous light gets routinely suppressed (both actively, by editors and universities, and passively via favoritism in the research grant process).

70% of smokers want to quit? How many want to quit based on accurate, relevant information? I'd wager ZERO.

Any movement that relies on disinformation and intimidation cannot claim pure and altrusitic motives, sorry about that.

[edit on 28-11-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Molly malones works. I like that place, did a few gigs there. No doubt the fumes from my draws will further loosen the morter between the bricks there. (It's an old funky brick building.) No skiveys, no beer sounds fair. I'll do even better than washing my hands. I'll stick em in an autoclave to fully sterilize them. JK

I'll be the short but overweight guy wearing skivys (sepia colored although not origionally) and a cowboy hat...it's for fun. Try not to stare at the natural grease my love handles naturally produce I'm sensative about that.

OH, and ladies I'm single...any girls have a hobbit fetish? you can call me Frodo if ya like. I stand like 5'4". Don't get too exited about my adonis phesique, in my underoo's I tend to be brief.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Sounds good, I'll be the guy at the bar doing the spit take with my irish and guinness before falling to the floor in a fit of ridiculous laughter.

Talk about health hazard, the floor at molleys? Good god.

So what we thinking here seven seven thirty?

Any other los angeles ATS'ers wanna come have a beer and watch bp prance around in his skivs?

Actually when you type it out like that it doesn't sound very appealing, but I"m still in.

Spiderj

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
That's actually a really good theory.

I think I may have to go do some research, not that I'm saying
your lieing, but, well I like to do reseach.

Good luck on the research my friend. Like I said, I have nothing to back it up but my own suspicions. It just seemed terribly conveniant for these things to happen as they did.

I'm not trying to hijack the topic though...where were we????

Oh yea, Lets go hang us some o' dem smokers

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
come on ATS'rs I do put on a great show. The floors at Mollys, ewww. Not as gross as Paladinos though, now that place is scary if only for the patrons who all wear spandex and think it's 1984 and that they're are some other age than 45-55.

Would do my thing at the Dragonfly or the Gig but I don't think anybody would notice there, since it's pretty normal for thoes guys.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
oh and 7:30 is too early not enough people would be there. How bout 10 or so?

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
10 pm it is...be there or be square conspiratoritoes.

And yes I will be smoking outside...at the entrance of the pub.

Spiderj

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join