It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Area 51 got attacked?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Good posts everybody, but many people are saying that ,'' they wouldn't attack Area 51'' or ''It is impossible to attack it'' Well nevermind these 2 factors, just say what you think would happen if Area 51 got attacked. Thank you.

-Jimmy-

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Intersting "what if" senarieo. I assume they would retalieat being that Groom Lake is military property. I would expect them to handle it the same way they would handle an attack on ANY US military facility.

Tim

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
Intersting "what if" senarieo. I assume they would retalieat being that Groom Lake is military property. I would expect them to handle it the same way they would handle an attack on ANY US military facility.

Tim

I agree, us Americans do not need much provocation to resort to total warfare against another country. It does not matter if it were Area 51 or Ft. Hood, everyone knows what the U.S. Government response would be.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
if a terrorist group did attack area 51, they wouldnt be able to penetrate deep enoughto reach any place of any importance thereeverything that actually needs to be kept secret has been moved away from area 51, and to others;

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
actually, everything of importance is still in area 51... area 51 is the most secure place in the world, why would it be so secure if they had nothing to hide in there? area 51 is so tightly secured that peopel who work around the premises are not allowed to go into area 51 unless by special permission, so if they are inside groom lake, it doens't necessarily mean they can be inside area 51... so now to the question of area 51 being attacked... let's make a fake scenario, let's say that the british army for whatever reason wants to attack area 51, they have the technology and possibly the ability to do so... if they could possibly get some bombers anywhere near nevada. Then they could launch a super secret bombing of area 51 if they are able to get away with flying over restricted air space which they probably won't and american interceptor planes would have to interfere... which would be a pretty cool thing to see.. very high tech planes doing their job.. but let's say for whatever reason the plane does land a bomb on area 51, i think the U.S. would be mightily pissed and launch the most massive attack on foreign soil... think of all the information that would be destroyed and all the brilliant minds that would be killed, if that would happen, i think the United Kingdom as we know it, would no longer exist in a matter of days... we'd drop all the nukes and neutron bombs... because although sad, the U.S. loves to have enemies... so thats my interpretation of what would happen in a scenario like this

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
i meant british airforce**,, not army

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Considering area 51 was the test site for many atomic and nuclear bombs, it would take one hell of a blast to do any serious damage. If they did attack, there would be a lot of surface damage, but the important stuff I'm pretty sure is way underground, shielded against these types of attack.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luis51Tree
. . . area 51 is so tightly secured that peopel who work around the premises are not allowed to go into area 51 unless by special permission, so if they are inside groom lake, it doens't necessarily mean they can be inside area 51...

Luis51Tree,

I agree with you about Area 51 being highly secure, however this part is clearly Wrong!

If you have to Groom Lake, Yes it Does Mean you CAN enter Area 51! Groom Lake is located inside of Area 51, it's physically Impossable to reach Groom Lake with out entering Area 51.

Please take a few moments to Read the Area 51 page from ATS's main website:

Above Top Secret: Area 51

I think you will clearly see what I'm talking about!

Tim

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
read the article and it tells you there that area 51 is an actual place that is off limits to most people who work within the "Test Site"

www.all-natural.com...

[edit on 15-12-2006 by Luis51Tree]

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Jimmy - I appreciate you are seeking a potential response to a hypothetical scenario and you're discouraging others from replying with limiting questions or 'can't happen - won't happen' rejoinders.

Nevertheless your premise is fallacious and these responders merely are expressing their own frustrations with it: terrorists would not gain the political leverage or accomplish any objectives by attacking A51 - they simply would not expend the resources nor take the risks. To do so would be ludicrous and even terrorists are not THAT stupid.

Further the target site is hardened and inaccessible, crawling with well-armed defenders, tons of sophisticated surveillance and recording equipment, and any caught terrorists will likely disappear into the bowels of the facility forever (as opposed to meeting virgins in heavan - and they know it). Also the US gov't goes to great lengths to keep as much of the facility shielded and secret - despite legions of UFOlogists and others prying into every crevice and loophole (virtual and otherwise) they can find.

Such an exercise in folly is wrought with danger and little/no benefits. It would be a very expensive and difficult mission - perhaps impossible. Who would fund and partake in such a foolish expedition. It would be much smarter, cheaper, and more effective to "terrorize" the public in an office building, transportaion center, or utility infrastructure.

OK - so lets assume there are a few idiots so dumb and so pointless that they try such a ridiculous thing. To answer your question then: the US response would be lethal, immediate, and probably clandestine to the extreme. The most effective and simplest response to a rat sneaking into a black box would be to simply slam the door shut on them, trapping them inside ad infinitum. End of story.

Now - you're a bright kid: Inquisitive, creative. Why not channel your energies into more productive and realistic curiosities as can be found throughout ATS and elsewhere. We could use a perspective such as yours - start with the many A51 threads already going strong with genuine enigmas of a wide variety.

Lend your clarity and insight to ATS and thanks for your post ---> and keep looking up!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join