It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Geographic Channel - Ancient Astronauts (11/27)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Sorry if I'm missing an existing thread somewhere but did anyone happen to see the Ancient Astronauts National Geographic episode on Monday (11/27)?

National Geographic Channel

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
the one entitled "is it real (ancient astronauts)"
the program featured such luminaries as Erich Von Daniken and Zechariah Sitchin
is it real
no i'm afraid it isn't
and the program itself makes that abundantly clear
this is the official blurb from National Geographic

"Ignoring common sense and reason, people continue to believe in a host of supposed "supernatural phenomena." In a brand new series, National Geographic Channel exposes the myths and malarkey behind enduring modern-day tales of the unexpected.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Don't expect National Geographic to buck the Scientific community and endager any standing they may have there by actually admitting something regarding Ancient Astronauts. They will likely make fun of people who believe in such things without actually presenting any actual scientific evidence to suggest why. It makes for good tv though because people believe they will actually receive relevant scientific arguments, when all they get is dogma and ingnorant retort from National Geographic.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   

They will likely make fun of people who believe in such things without actually presenting any actual scientific evidence

well fairs fair
so far the people who believe in ancient astronauts have presented no scientific evidence in support of their unproven hypothesis either
the onus is not on the scientific community to prove that ancient astronauts don't exist
its on the people who believe they were here to prove it
so far after 100 years of progress theres not been a shred of evidence
just lots of completely unfounded speculation by people generally unqualified to make quantified statements anyway
Von Daniken was a criminal hotel concierge
Zechariah Sitchin was an Economist
David Htacher Childress was an Economist
Graham Hancock was a journalist
Andrew Collins was a journalist
their fan club are amongst the most gullible people on this planet because rather than look at the facts they just go with what they want to believe happened after a lifetime of watching the sci fi channel for research
is it real ?
not on your nellie
hehe

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
To all who believe in 'ancient astronauts', don't waste your time changing the minds of those who do not share such beliefs, for even SHOULD an ancient astronaut be found encased in ice in full regalia, they will not accept the truth and claim it is only a hoax even though now they will claim they will believe when they see it.

Their demands for 'scientific evidence' knows no bound, even when evidences are just right infront of their eyes.

Just look at their hypothesis about people who uncover evidences, claiming and implying that they are outside their area of speciality, training, and therefore the evidences are thus null and void.

Socrates was only a plumber, yet how come he was considered a great thinker/philosopher to majority ( not all ) for centuries?

Abe Lincoln was only a lawyer, Nelson Mandela a ex-con, Napoleon a lowly corporal, how come they were able to be elected and be a leader of nations?

Bill Gates is a high school dropout, so should his Windows OS, programmes which had benefitted millions ( and not everyone) be considered crap?

Need i name more enigmatic people? The list goes on and on.... My point is, its not the title of a person that makes him a professional of his profession, but the person's passion, dedication, persistence in an obsession that makes him a professional. Anyone can read and write and regurgetate, but it takes a dedicated and passionate person to translate and analyse evidences or ideas to life and reality.

Let the disbelievers drown in their own ignorance. It's bliss for them in their skeptic denial comfort zone, an escape from reality, their fools paradise.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

SHOULD an ancient astronaut be found encased in ice in full regalia, they will not accept the truth and claim it is only a hoax even though now they will claim they will believe when they see it.

so now you're inventing evidence and then claiming what would happen if it was found
are you psychic ?

if there was an alien race in earths history
where is the evidence
all youd need is one laser pistol ?
one wrecked alien ship
one dead alien body
but so far the best you can do is claim they flew helicopters because theres a picture of what might possibly look like one on one wall in egypt because Erich Von Daniken says so

these aliens who you are claiming created the human race and civilisation certainly cleaned up well after themselves didn't they
they didn't leave any evidence at all except for ancient texts which have in many cases been deliberately misinterpreted
how clever they were to know we'd do that
and how clever they were to know that we'd be building things exactly the same as they did so that we would know what they had i.e. nuclear weapons, bell huey gunships. lightbulbs. etc etc

clearly when there is no evidence to speak of either someones is covering it up and there is a global conspiracy in place of which not one person of the thousands and thousands needed to cover it has ever spoken out
or your belief in this stuff is just that
a personal belief because you want it to be true
a persopnal belief based on a total lack of evidence and speculation from people writing books for you to buy
and you wonder why they continue to do so
they'll keep doing it while you keep buying it
so you're basically keeping the nonsense going yourself because you don't want to know the truth
and yet you claim that the truth is all you want
clearly you aren't mentally equipped to handle the real truth because its already been told to you and you rejected it wholesale because you prefer the stuff you watch on the sci fi channel
if thats really the case why don't you carry on watching and leave real history to people that actually understand it
like doh

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth102
To all who believe in 'ancient astronauts', don't waste your time changing the minds of those who do not share such beliefs, for even SHOULD an ancient astronaut be found encased in ice in full regalia, they will not accept the truth and claim it is only a hoax even though now they will claim they will believe when they see it.

Present such evidence for scientific examination. If it is found to be fake, what would you then have us say? If not, then this new information will be folded into the general pool of scientific knowledge.

How else should it work?

Just look at their hypothesis about people who uncover evidences, claiming and implying that they are outside their area of speciality, training, and therefore the evidences are thus null and void.

Socrates was only a plumber, yet how come he was considered a great thinker/philosopher to majority ( not all ) for centuries?

No, Socrates was a philosopher.

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth102Abe Lincoln was only a lawyer, Nelson Mandela a ex-con, Napoleon a lowly corporal, how come they were able to be elected and be a leader of nations?

Let's see, two elected officials and a military man that took over a government in a coup. What was the question?

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth102Bill Gates is a high school dropout, so should his Windows OS, programmes which had benefitted millions ( and not everyone) be considered crap?

Hardly:

Gates attended public elementary school and the private Lakeside School. There, he discovered his interest in software and began programming computers at age 13.

In 1973, Gates entered Harvard University as a freshman, where he lived down the hall from Steve Ballmer, now Microsoft's chief executive officer. While at Harvard, Gates developed a version of the programming language BASIC for the first microcomputer - the MITS Altair.

In his junior year, Gates left Harvard to devote his energies to Microsoft, a company he had begun in 1975 with his childhood friend Paul Allen.

Source (My emphasis)

Just another example of the excesses to which the "Ancient Astronaut" believers are willing to go, I guess. Slandering Bill Gates

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth102Need i name more enigmatic people? The list goes on and on....

I don't see how naming enigmatic people can support any extraordinary hypothesis, much less the truly outrageous proposition of ancient alien visitation/intervention. If providing a list of the names of "enigmatic" people suffices as evidence, why then, perhaps I should list a few myself.

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth102My point is, its not the title of a person that makes him a professional of his profession, but the person's passion, dedication, persistence in an obsession that makes him a professional. Anyone can read and write and regurgetate, but it takes a dedicated and passionate person to translate and analyse evidences or ideas to life and reality.

These people you hold so dear are only passionate about raking in dough from naive readers that wallow in their own self-imposed ignorance.

Let the disbelievers drown in their own ignorance. It's bliss for them in their skeptic denial comfort zone, an escape from reality, their fools paradise.

This better describes those that believe in this foolish proposition of ancient astronauts. Such believers require no evidence at all to believe.

By the logic of the pseudoscietists and "alternate historians,", the Battle of New Orleans was won by the Americans with alien intervention, since it's completely illogical that a band of untrained, non-military, ragtag riff-raff numbering less than 4 thousand could have soundly defeated the 20,000 plus invaders from the mightiest military force then in existence without some kind of help from our alien overlords.

Excuse me if I accept the reports of Old Hickory. In your face, Britain!

Harte

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

typical colonial redactionist
you only won that one because we were saving Europe from Napoleon at Waterloo at the time and because the peace treaty came into effect after the first day of battle. you'd have got your ass kicked all the way to santa fe if it had gone one day longer
you know Napoleon dontcha
he was french
those guys you had to ally with to get your no taxation without representation in the first place
how you doing with those taxes now yankee
working well for you arent they

[edit on 29-11-2006 by Marduk]

[edit on 29-11-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

typical colonial redactionist
you only won that one because we were saving Europe from Napoleon at Waterloo at the time and because the peace treaty came into effect after the first day of battle. you'd have got your ass kicked all the way to santa fe if it had gone one day longer
you know Napoleon dontcha
he was french

Not exactly:

Napoleon escaped from Elba on 26 February 1815 and returned to the mainland on 1 March 1815...
Napoleon was finally defeated by the Duke of Wellington and Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher at Waterloo in present-day Belgium on 18 June 1815.
Source My emphases
But:

The Battle of New Orleans, also known as the Battle of Chalmette Plantation, took place on January 8, 1815, at the end of the War of 1812, when the United States forces defeated the British. The Treaty of Ghent, which ended the war, had been signed—though not ratified—over two weeks earlier, but the news had not yet reached the Southern front...
SourceMy emphasis again.

Napoleon was in exile at Elba at the time.

Originally posted by Marduk
those guys you had to ally with to get your no taxation without representation in the first place
how you doing with those taxes now yankee
working well for you arent they

Well, you have me there. Of course, "No taxation without representation!!!" was just a slogan (read: political propaganda.) One of many such misrepresentations that led to what we over here call the War of Independance. I guess you guys call it that little skirmish we'd rather forget about.

Lastly, sorry to say that I got the numbers wrong. The Americans were only outnumbered two to one on the ground. I believe this number does not count the British naval personnel. So no aliens are necessary, I suppose.

But it's true that Jackson's men consisted mostly of civilians, and were untrained. So maybe the tall whites did get involved. Manifest Destiny wot wot?

Harte

[edit on 11/29/2006 by Harte]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
No you guys just didnt fight fair
you didn't mention the pirates did ya

funny now though that in every war since then you've lost unless we have been helping you
when we pull out of Iraq next year you guys are screwed

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
::Clears throat and thinks about WWI & II:: Yeah good thing we had YOUR help there huh? We'd have....oh nevermind...

[edit on 29-11-2006 by MasterJedi]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This show made fun of the subject.

They were trying to explain how the Nazca lines were built and they showed reenactment of some grey alien up in some tower or something giving a thumbs up to the people down on the ground.

It doesnt get any more whack than that!

Those conspiracy shows on NGC, TLC, Discovery are all crap.

Peace

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
To get back on topic and in reply to responses to my post:-

Y A W N.........to the disbelievers. We owe you nothing. Go on and spew your ignorance, half-truths, word twistings and denials. It would be comforting for your mental state. The truth is harsh to accept, we understand and we sympathize and pity your inability to accept facts and reality.

But if you want to seek out the facts, get off your bum, off the Google Search function (lazy man's reference), copy and paste buttons, and go to libraries to do some research on the topic. Look for corresponding reference materials. By the way, you won't have to pay for the books, its free. Ignorance can be cured, but laziness, stubborness, escapism from reality for extended periods of time are diseases of the mind which only you can help yourself.

The ancient monuments, evidences and collaborative texts left behind testifies to the evidence of constructions by an intelligent species. To subscribe such evidences to primitive man is illogical and certify the subscribers to mentally unsound minds, akin to pure stupidity.

Such evidences awaits for the neutral to study, seek out the truth amongst corresponding information, to form their own conclusions. For those in denial, lol!...such evidences are nothing more than 'illusions' in their current denial state of mind, subtracted from reality, to use one liners, twist of words, thesis of denials, to retain their self imposed delusions.

[edit on 29-11-2006 by SeekerofTruth102]

[edit on 29-11-2006 by SeekerofTruth102]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Why couldn't there be ancient astronauts? We've got these flying disks movng around that are more advanced than much of the flying machines we see, here today. In fact these things are described in ancient texts. I say why not?

Why do some us fight this idea so violently? Why do we ignore old drawings, and manuscripts, and insist we were stupid Neanderthals just dropping our polywog tails? Would it really be too hard to believe we were already smart, and that there have already been advanced civilizations here and in other places in the universe?

Troy

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
What about those South-American wall-drawings of Astronauts and UFOS?

I don't remember if it was the mayas, or aztecs or whatever.. but those drawings look very convincing.

Specially if you concider how old they are.

I have been looking around on Google for a while but never found the drawings i mean. I saw them in a movie of that german paranormalogeohistoriocologist or whatever. He also visits places like the Nazca planes... or those Rocks in some South-American mountains which seem to be "cut" by Laser.

Maybe someone knows which images i am talking about.. or the name of that crazy german from those DVDs. ^^

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
i see the same thing again going on in this thread
a bunch of people who believed in aliens before they even heard about ancient history
a bunch of people slagging off people who have researched history properly and claiming they are lazy or ignorant because they didnt see any alien evidence
a bunch of people claiming that aliens were here and its so obvious and yet
still no evidence whatsoever that this is true

wake up and smell the coffee people
the intelligent species responsible for Egypt, Sumeria, Asian civilisations was us

I love the way you seem to think that aliens would travle millijons of miles across space to get here using advanced alloys and technology in their ships and then suddenly start building things with large stone blocks

thats like an engineer having finished building a record breaking skyscraper coming home and playing with lego
you people who think aliens were here
heres your chance to put up or shut up
show me the irrefutable evidence that aliens were here
not your or anyone elses pointless speculation
I want to see the actual evidence
i will accept
1) an example of alien technology (e.g. weapon or spaceship)
2) an example of an alien body (e.g. zeta reticulan, pleaidean haha)
3) an example of alien science (e.g. advanced medical technique, advanced alloy)

if you can't provide this then you should start to ask yourself why not

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Hi i know the documentary your talking about. I cant check right now but i think its called "Forbidden Archaeology" and i got it from a British UFO site called CrowdedSkies. If you have trouble finding it I'll post it at u tube or something. Its a very interesting documentary and i agree those drawings do resemble modern day space men but i don't think its proof as anything. The whole mining of the gold for their atmosphere story sounds great but it doesnt seem an efficient way to go about it , especially for a race that is about to snuff it.

[edit on 30-11-2006 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   

heres your chance to put up or shut up
show me the irrefutable evidence that aliens were here
not your or anyone elses pointless speculation
I want to see the actual evidence
i will accept
1) an example of alien technology (e.g. weapon or spaceship)
2) an example of an alien body (e.g. zeta reticulan, pleaidean haha)
3) an example of alien science (e.g. advanced medical technique, advanced alloy)

It's pathetic to watch the deluded grabbing at straws. Even more pathetic when one has to demolish such display of uneducated irrational logic...

1. Prove an example of primitive technolgy that build cyclopedean monuments ( eg. Sphinx, Manchu Picchu, Nazca lines, etc)

2. Prove an example of a primitive worker capable of lifting those huge stones. (eg, compare the size of the stone blocks to the size of us as u allude)

3. Prove an example of primitive science ( ability to derive solstice, equinoxes, precession, tilt of Earth amongst farming primitives and ask yourself why do farmers need such science)

But don't worry, we aren't going to be rude as u to tell u to shut up. Infact, we don't even want you to prove to us. Just prove it yourself, do some research. Knowledge gained by yourself is more treasured than provided to close minds.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   
all those examples prove my point and not yours
you seem to be under the illusion that people of the ancient world were primitive when in fact they were just as intelligent as us
and obviously more intelligent than you if the only answer you can come up with is that they didn't do it because you don't believe it
way to go

unless of course you have an explanation why Aliens would come all the way here to build monuments for men to live in and for them to work out precession.

also it may be astounding to you that the ancients knew about precession but they had more time to work it out because their equivalent of your sci fi channel was the sky above their heads
if you spent as much time studying astronomy as you do fantasizing wothout any evidence you'd realise how stupid that statement you made actually sounds

[edit on 30-11-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I dont have much to add to the discussion but I can think of one reason of why the aliens would travel in thier ships of advanced alloys and then build with stone.
Simply put Stone is the only material we have that withstands the time and the elements. Stone is abundant and easy to have access to. Stone is much easier to work with than metal alloys. And the biggest reason would be that the aliens did not have to transport it from where ever they came from, it was already here, it is easy to get, there is plenty of it and it will out last any other building material we have on earth. These are just my thoughts on the one subject. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join