It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slavery and the Bible

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
etshrtslr

if you look hard enough, you can find the word of God in Moby Dick!! "God's Word" is coming at you from everything around you if you just pause and listen....and discern. The Bible and other religious texts are just glimpses into early cultures and their thoughts and beliefs relating to spiritual matters. IF God's word is truth, then it is found in the bible, since it is a testament as to what those earlier cultures were like, what they believed, how they lived their lives....and the mistakes that were made. and since it's purpose was to express their God...well, God did manage to come through it and express himself...but so did the authors. no, I wouldn't take it to be a literal roadmap on how to guide your life. we live in the 20th century, not the 1st or 2nd century, or before. to do that, we'd be rejecting about a couple thousand or more years of evolution and advancement.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
beyond all jokes... take a look at this article.. so you can further understand the bible and jesus... because the bible is a piece o' crap... as it's viewed... this explains exactly WHY...

****Dare I Say..... The Truth?

Jesus was far ahead of his time. His vision and his teachings gave a glimpse into other realities beyond this physical one. Many horrendous frauds, crimes, murders and massacres have been committed in his name over the centuries, not because the perpetrators really love Jesus, but because of their selfish motives and evilness. Many have been enslaved by a man-made version of Christ imposed upon them by man-made rules and rigid, selfish legacy. The very slavery those who falsely preached in his name is the very slavery they imposed upon their converts and believers.

The very fictionally-embellished gospels that proclaim to preach Christ are ironically the very things that impede any true seeker of Light from knowing the real Christ even though they are mixed with some truth. Fundamentally, half-truths are at least as dangerous, destructive and misleading as untruths.

****I would like to warn though.... in amongst his history lesson and ranting (as we all do) there is false-hood... I just want you to see some of the truths about the perversion that happened after Jesus was crucified****

[edit on 12/6/2006 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
No. The Bible is true.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3
No. The Bible is true.

Why?

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Why not? It has been accepted for centuries that the Bible is true. The burden is not on Christians to prove that it is true, as this has already been established. The burden is instead on nonbelievers to prove its falsity.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Why not? It has been accepted for centuries that the Bible is true.

It was accepted for centuries that the world was flat. It was accepted for centuries that the sun revolved around the earth. It's been acceepted for centuries that there are many gods and/or godesses. (I could go on and on but I think you get the point.)

The burden is not on Christians to prove that it is true, as this has already been established. The burden is instead on nonbelievers to prove its falsity.

There's no burden on anyone to prove anything. You believe in your collection of flawed "historical" texts that has been translated and rewritten over and over and is chock full inconsistencies, and we'll believe in what we want. And what, may I ask, has "already been established"? That the Bible is true? Or just that Christians believe it is true? I hope you were not claiming to the former, because there's more evidence to support the falacy of the Bible than there is to "prove" its validity.

[edit on 6/12/06 by an3rkist]

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Why not? It has been accepted for centuries that the Bible is true. The burden is not on Christians to prove that it is true, as this has already been established. The burden is instead on nonbelievers to prove its falsity.

The bible is true for those that believe the bible is the word of god, that does not make it the TRUTH.

I personally dont think the bible is the word of the true God. Its the word of a false god designed to instill fear into those that believe in it.

I ask you this, what kind of god would condone the beating, buying and selling of people for slavery and the passing on of those slaves from parents to their children as personal property no different than getting grandpa's prized watch when he passes on.

[edit on 6-12-2006 by etshrtslr]

[edit on 6-12-2006 by etshrtslr]

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

okay... but does TRUE... mean THE TRUTH? ... no .. it just means it has light in it.. doesn't mean it IS the light.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join