It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can America AFFORD to cure A.I.D.S?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
HIV patients will spend $600K for lifetime care

ATLANTA - An American diagnosed with the AIDS virus can expect to live for about 24 years on average, and the cost of health care over those two-plus decades is more than $600,000, new research indicates

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Well,checking the exchange rate and finding another plummetting deficit between the pound and the Dollar again(1.948) ,it seems that the dear old U.S of A has to get its income fom somewhere.

The unbelievable imbalance between research funds for A.I.D.S and other more life threatening ''conditions'' may have an underlying reason when you consider the return possible.

At the end of 2004.....the total number of people living in the USA with HIV/AIDS is thought to be between 1,039,000 and 1,185,0005

www.avert.org...
With an estimate of undetected infection at a reasonable 25% todays figures would have to be around 2million.

That make a guaranteed income of $1,200,000,000,000 over the next 25 years or
$48,000,000,000 a year for treatment.

That,s for the currently ''infected'' people only..Discounting ANY new victims.

There is NO way you can tell me these figures haven,t been discussed covertly in many a medicine/researchers shareholders boardmeeting.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
Can America AFFORD to cure A.I.D.S.

I don't think that there will ever be a cure for AIDS, nor do I think there will ever be a vaccine.

AIDS is already easily prevented through behavior management.

Research for a vaccine must continue and there will be benefits in the search, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for something better than what is already available.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
90 percent of the funding for research are on diseases that are not life threatening, while 10 percent are on trying to cure cancer or AIDS.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I don't think that there will ever be a cure for AIDS..

Depending on what you choose to believe..there have been numerous claims of treatment reducing the T-cell count back to normal levels for almost nothing(cure?).
These have been dismissed by the medical community for the most part.

If we choose to believe the steps forward in treating this ''virus'' then they have far outperformed the treatment thus far on say.. Flu..which has been ''researched'' for years, and the best they can come up with for the common cold is a cough syrup(never understood how something that is mostly sugar..and swallowed!! could help the ''chest''puz

What I am saying is,more than ever in a looming financial disaster area,the morality and human cost would be completely overlooked on something that is this lucrative.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Depending on what you choose to believe..there have been numerous claims of treatment reducing the T-cell count back to normal levels for almost nothing(cure?).
These have been dismissed by the medical community for the most part.

I think you mean increasing the T-cell count, not reducing. Low T-cell count is one of the symptoms of AIDS.

If we choose to believe the steps forward in treating this ''virus'' then they have far outperformed the treatment thus far on say.. Flu..which has been ''researched'' for years,

We have vaccines for a great portion of flu viruses, (of which there are over 200 strains). The issue arises in predicting which strain to vaccinate for every fall. You cannot vaccinate for every strain, as giving someone 200 vaccinations would overload their system and would stress their Ab-producing cells, as well as their Ag-recognition cells. In other words, it wouldn't work.

I get the feeling that you think there is one virus that causes the flu, which is incredbly off the mark.

and the best they can come up with for the common cold is a cough syrup(never understood how something that is mostly sugar..and swallowed!! could help the ''chest''puz

There are literally hundreds, if not thousands of causes for the "common cold", a misnomer, from bacteria, to viruses, to fungi. Again, I am under the impression that you think there is one single causative agent, which is incorrect.

As for the cough syrup, it is not meant to "cure" the cold. It is meant to coat your throat and prevent the irritation causing the cough, and it's works well for many people. The sugar is simply meant to cover the disgusting flavor.

What I am saying is,more than ever in a looming financial disaster area,the morality and human cost would be completely overlooked on something that is this lucrative.

I'm sure in America it would be. However, think outside your boundaries. There are countries whose economies are literally being crippled due to the cost of caring for AIDS patients. Keep in mind America is the only Western nation without socialized, government funded healthcare.

Not to mention whoever creates a vaccine for HIV would almost certainly win a Nobel Prize, as well as a cool million USD.

Oh, and as for there "not being any developments" in the field of HIV, you are horrendously misinformed. Just two months ago, scientists found that using the Tat-1 protein, they could creat protein-coated nanoparticles which, when injected in lab mice, produced a huge surge in anti-HIV immune response. If I find the article online, I'll link it. I just have it in print form. But, yes, there are amazing developments happening all over the world right now in the field of HIV research.

~Mariella

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
america aready has a cure for aids but if you green is low you got to go cause this is a people thing and there is already to many people why do you think america created it in the first place....to kill off the population...how many people are crawling around this planet ?how many Billions???we need aids!!!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by KLSyesca
america aready has a cure for aids but if you green is low you got to go cause this is a people thing and there is already to many people why do you think america created it in the first place....to kill off the population...how many people are crawling around this planet ?how many Billions???we need aids!!!!!

Huh?

That made no sense...

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
trust me if the president got aids tomorrow he would be cured by friday.. aids was funded and created in the U.S. ....open your eyes from italy...there has to be a limit to mans reproduction rates in accordance with the death rate...but hey killem all

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by KLSyesca
trust me if the president got aids tomorrow he would be cured by friday.. aids was funded and created in the U.S. ....open your eyes from italy...there has to be a limit to mans reproduction rates in accordance with the death rate...but hey killem all

Sources?
Statistics?
Logic?
Anything other than opinion?

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsl4doc
I think you mean increasing the T-cell count..

Yep. I had my book upside down.

I get the feeling that you think there is one virus that causes the flu, which is incredbly off the mark.

..hundreds, if not thousands of causes for the "common cold", Again, I am under the impression that you think there is one single causative agent, ..

As for the cough syrup, ..

Nope. I used those examples because of the fact that there is so many variables as in AIDS' numerous strains/mutations...
And the cough syrup was a perfect example of something you could make at home with sugar water /honey(insert sticky nice tasting concoction your choice)

I'm sure in America it would be. However, think outside your boundaries. There are countries whose economies are literally being crippled due to the cost of caring for AIDS patients..Not to mention whoever creates a vaccine for HIV would almost certainly win a Nobel Prize, as well as a cool million USD.

I,m glad you agree here,being a person ''in the loop''.
As I said before I have the highest respect for someone with morality who is entering this Lions den that is the American medical industry.

I,m sure the balance of a lot of Bucks for the American economy would completely
outweigh the worldwide need.
I actually fear for any potential Nobel prize winners.I only hope they take the appropriate precautions when presenting their groundbreaking cure to the PTB.

...Tat-1 protein...yes, there are amazing developments happening all over the world right now in the field of HIV research.

~Mariella

I would appreciate the links thanks...
. my circumstances at the moment(Currently in the hands of the dreaded NHS. ARGHHHHHH:barf
prevent me from accessing the internet 24/7 as I used to in Dubai.

Dr. Eric R. Pianka...endorsed airbourne Ebola as an efficient means for eliminating 90 percent of the world's population. Pianka received an enthusiastic and prolonged standing ovation. Later he received more applause from a banquet hall filled with more than 400 people when the president of the Texas Academy of Science presented him with a plaque naming him 2006 Distinguished Texas Scientist.

Crazy Dude?

I,m sure this is the kind of publicly APPLAUDED opinions that KLSyesca is referring to when talking about means of limiting the population.
There are other threads that would be better suited to that line of thought. I,m simply limiting this thread to the FINANCIAL predicament that faces America and the effect it would have on the witholding of a cure for AIDS as opposed to a long term ''treatment''.

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Agent T, can you please explain to us how the American government/economy would be harmed if there was a cure for AIDS? The things making the money and getting the 600 grand a year from treatments is the pharmaceutical industry.

With that being said, if say...Roche Pharmaceuticals found a cure. They are a multi-billion dollar corporation. Do you really think they care about the other companies? They can charge 150 thousand dollars for their cure, and they will make more than they would have if AIDS wasn't cured. The pharmaceutical companies are individual, competing industries. If they found a miracle product, they'd jack up prices, and get the recognition.

And also...cough syrup is not just sugar. You need to read the active ingredients like (DXM), tylenol, ibuprofen.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
First off, everytime the virus enters a new T4 Immune cell and exits that same cell it uses the DNA of each individual cell to disguise itself from the other immune system cells that were originally seeking the primary virus. It coats itself with glycoprotein receptors upon entry into a host and effectively fools the immune system into thinking it is essentially a piece of sugar that the cell can use for energy. The CDC states that there are over 900 billion different strains of the virus within a single human and thus if a cure or vaccination were to be given the average human would need around 900 billion vaccinations within one dose...in other words highly unlikely there will be a cure anytime soon.

Now, the drugs that we currently have to fight the disease work by suppressing the viruses development throughout its own lifecycle. We have drugs that block it from entering the cell, drugs for blocking the DNA recombination, and so on. These drugs have very harmful side effects and have been known to to cause side effects such as depression, bleeding bowls, nausea, ulcers, vomiting, Schizophrenia, and dementia...just to name a few.

Also, the drugs do reduce the number of viral particals found in the body but however low the levels reach the drugs do not really help in killing every viral partical found in the body. Most drugs avaliable have a efficiency rate of 3-5 years at best and after this time period many drugs are rendered useless.

Another key issue with the drugs is that once a person starts a regimen of drugs they cannot miss a single dose. Due to the nature of HIV the virus can find a way around the drugs and render the drugs completely useless if the patient misses just a single dose. Believe me when I say I have seen this happen...some of our patients come into our agency all the time to see what new drugs they can take because they missed a few doses of the drugs they were on, and now the old drugs will no longer work for them.

I'm not going to get into the argument of whether HIV is a government conspiracy or not although there are various viewpoints on the subject with little or no documentation to back up their claims. One view is that Simian Immunodeficiency Virus (SIV) found in African Green Monkeys mutated into Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) during the Polio Vaccination trials in Africa in the 1950's. Polio vaccinations were produced with the Kidney cells from monkeys and one theory states that somehow these cells entered the human population and mutated. Again, there is little proof of this.

GradyPhilpott is correct in stating that HIV is manageable through behavioral changes and risk reduction. Correct condom use each and every time, not sharing needles with other people, and education are just three ways to cut the risk of infection. People don't have to stop having sex or stop using drugs, but if they are going to do it they need to do it safely.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
American have to wait some years, wait until there are 40 or 50 times more victims in the world as it is now.
Then, the government of America will release the cure and make much more $$$$s then they have to spend on taking care their own 2 millions patients.

They are waiting till there are about 500 to 800 millions patients in the world, and then they sell the cure to the world.
America government will become hero of the world, and certainly more and more $ into their pockets.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CinLung
American have to wait some years, wait until there are 40 or 50 times more victims in the world as it is now.
Then, the government of America will release the cure and make much more $$$$s then they have to spend on taking care their own 2 millions patients.

There are currently over 40 million people in the world knowingly infected with HIV.

www.globalhealth.org...

So, I guess you're wrong.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
So, wait until it is about 500 to 800 millions.

It won't be long.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So, you're just going to say that everytime the number reaches that limit? lol

Look, here's the science behind it. HIV is an RNA virus, which means it lacks the polymerase that proofreads DNA as it is being transcribed. This causes mistakes in transcription to go uncorrected, which creates new mutations rapidly and randomly. THIS is the reaosn we have no vaccine. There are numerous subspecies of HIV, and each subspecies contains numerous different forms of the virus.

Unless you can tell me how to vaccinate for literally hundreds of viruses with one vaccina, I think you need to study the SCIENCE behind what you're talking about, rather than relying on anecdotes you heard from unreliable sources.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
blood electrification cures aids by DISABLING FRESH AIDS VIRUS reproduction ....

using wrist artery electrodes and passing a smll current of less than 0.002 amps....

here is the research paper which has been suppressed:-

www.papimi.gr...

and here is the practical application method:-

health.groups.yahoo.com...

also many rich people and celebrities including jordon the baseball star with aids have gone to Germany for ozone treatment .... passing ozone gas through the blood in a similar process to dyalysis.....

this kills all virii...

other methods exist but have been ruthlessy suppressed by the FDA medical establishment.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum
blood electrification cures aids by DISABLING FRESH AIDS VIRUS reproduction ....

Are there any documented cases of a person reversing HIV in their body? I'll have to do an experiment. I know a person who is not on HIV medication yet but is HIV positive. His doctor doesn't put his patients on therapy until the t-cell count drops below 300...200 is considered AIDS. What would happen if all of a sudden his viral count was undetectable without the use of medication? Would he be on the front page of Time or do you think they would suppress the news?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Are there any documented cases of a person reversing HIV in their body? I'll have to do an experiment. I know a person who is not on HIV medication yet but is HIV positive. His doctor doesn't put his patients on therapy until the t-cell count drops below 300...200 is considered AIDS. What would happen if all of a sudden his viral count was undetectable without the use of medication? Would he be on the front page of Time or do you think they would suppress the news?

It's actually not too uncommon for a physician to wait and see with HIV patients prior to putting them on medication. Despite what several members here would have you believe, a good deal of doctors don't do it just for money, and don't want to see you hurt to just bankroll a new car or house. The current medications for HIV can be very vicious when a patient starts them, so most doctors see no point in risking detrimental effects until the patient definitely needs the meds, as these effects could cause a patient to stop their meds against advice and do more harm than good.

As for your other question, it's not unheard of for an unmedicated patient to hover in the realm of HIV+ and AIDS for several years. Lentiviruses are strange things, they can activate and deactivate at what we see as random times, as we do not fully understand their mechanisms yet.

using wrist artery electrodes and passing a smll current of less than 0.002 amps....

www.papimi.gr...

also many rich people and celebrities including jordon the baseball star with aids have gone to Germany for ozone treatment .... passing ozone gas through the blood in a similar process to dyalysis.....

this kills all virii...

other methods exist but have been ruthlessy suppressed by the FDA medical establishment.

You realise that passing pure O3 (ozone) through your blood would kill you, right? It's akin to putting an ozygen bubble in a syringe and injecting it. This is called an embolism, and would lead to death fairly quickly.

As for your wristband theory: if it worked, there would be a corporation making money off of it. What better press could there be than "the company that cured AIDS"?

Sadly, you seem to be taken in by wolves in sheep's clothing. These people may be seemingly kind and genuine, but they are more than willing to take your money and leave you with useless air and bracelets, as you suggest their methods are comprised of.

Be careful when it comes to your health.

[edit on 1/9/2007 by bsl4doc]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsl4doc

www.papimi.gr...

this kills all virii...

You realise that passing pure O3 (ozone) through your blood would kill you, right? It's akin to putting an ozygen bubble in a syringe and injecting it. This is called an embolism, and would lead to death fairly quickly.

As for your wristband theory: if it worked, there would be a corporation making money off of it. What better press could there be than "the company that cured AIDS"?

[edit on 1/9/2007 by bsl4doc]

injectiong you with AIR causes an embolism.

AIR.

03 DISSOLVES IN THE BLOOD ...its just like more powerful oxygen...

in any case dr saul pressman has bee doing it for years without killing anyone....

otherwise he would be in jail!

as regards your theory that a company will make money from blood electrification from dirt cheap blood electrification devices...

these devices are noting more than pads with a current source and would cost pennies to make...
remember a dvd player with its complex machinery of motors,transformfers,trays,gears,chips,decoders....etc ...etc costs only$30..

and these devices are infinitely simpler and the 2nd site shows you just how cheap...you can actually make the devices yourself!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join