It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Is Sony mucking up?

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I think sony has been making a lot of mistakes with the PS3:

1) The ridiculous price tag

2) the insane shortage of PS3s

3)WTF? why are there 2 systems???

4) Releasing the system last.

Did i mention the price?

I have owned the PS1 and PS2 and have always been a fan of sony,
But if you ask me, i think they are making a lot of mistakes with the ps3.




posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   


1) The ridiculous price tag

They're still loosing monies on them




2) the insane shortage of PS3s

I dont think it was on purpose, wasn't there a recall?


3)WTF? why are there 2 systems???

I believe it's just a difference on HD sizes?


4) Releasing the system last.

seems they wish they could've released it later?


I owned the ps1 and 2, and the psp. But I agree Sony is being retarded, but all that aside I still want a ps3 but I can wait, not that big of a deal to me, always been more of a PC gamer since oh say 96?

Just hope they don't pull a 3DO



posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I still don't get why they have to make 2 different systems, it seem more like a waste of money for sony than anything else.

I mean if your gonna pay 500$ already, why not just pay 100$ more and get the best one?

Also, i feel sorry for the European gamers, they won't be getting PS3 till March 2007.

Sony is gonna turn off a lot of customers there.



posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
or so we think, but you forget that everyone wants to be the most uber, thus have the latest technology.


While there are people here who don't want anything to do with a ps3, for every one of them there are thousands of ppl dying for one.

I can wait for a price drop, but just think how many spoiled kids MUST HAVE a ps3 no matter the cost.

but anyone watch attack of the show the other day, ps3 for 23k, and a wii for 50k on ebay?!?! wth!



posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
When do you plan to get one Lysergic?

I don't think i will get one for another year or until there is a price drop.

Anyways, the first systems released are always know to be the crappiest ones.

Guess i'll have to stay happy with my PS2 for a while.



posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Yes, but like I said, I got no problem waiting


I can always just buy a new video card for my pc



posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
yeah, i can wait it out too.
plus there are still a ton of great ps2 games that i haven't tried yet, and with the ps3 out now the games will just get cheaper and cheaper.



posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I misread, I plan to get one before 2nd quarter 07



posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well considering that in the last Future Shop flyer the Wii and 360 were prominent while the PS3 was absent, save for peripherals and games, I'd say they screwed the launch up even more then Microsoft did with the 360. MS turned a (in retrospect) slightly fumbled launch into a success, so lets wait and watch for at least a year, personally with a deficit of nearly 7 million, it's gonna be hard for both Nintendo and Sony to pull out of that hole. The battle for Japan will of course decide how much developer support either the PS3 or Wii gets over there and in contrast how many ports come over to N. America due to popularity, etc. That sort of stuff spills over here and to Europe.

360 is still pretty much a non-factor in Japan.




I dont think it was on purpose, wasn't there a recall?


Poor manufacturing yields = blaming the manufacturer sub-contractor which is very plausible considering the non-traditional architecture that is present in the PS3.

[edit on 28-11-2006 by sardion2000]



posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
I think sony has been making a lot of mistakes with the PS3:

1) The ridiculous price tag

2) the insane shortage of PS3s

3)WTF? why are there 2 systems???

4) Releasing the system last.

Did i mention the price?

I have owned the PS1 and PS2 and have always been a fan of sony,
But if you ask me, i think they are making a lot of mistakes with the ps3.


I agree with you on everything but number one. The price is very reasonable for what's in it and what it can do. Considering the fact that, yes it is a gaming console, but that's not all it is. It's already got a blu-ray player built in (and it's games run on the high def blu-ray drive, unlike the 360 who's HD-DVD drive only plays movies and not games. Also if you do buy the HD-dvd add on for the 360 it comes out to about the same price as a PS3. Also, if you have a PC, you know that a good graphics card is going to be around $300 (if you buy a knock off version) or $500-$600 + if you go with the Nvidia or ATI brands, and that's just for the graphics card.

The shortages are definitely hurting sony, both in profit and popularity.

The fact that there are two systems is pretty dumb. They should have just made the higher end model and made it a little bit cheaper.

The PS3 wasn't released last, the Wii was. But the timing of the launch doesn't help them too much at all.

I've played all three systems, and for me the PS3 is the best. That's only because I'm really into high-def (a high def T.V. was my graduation/birthday present), and it has the cell processor with it's seven mini processors, it is very smooth. I plan on getting one no sooner than march of next year (US) and possibly a 360 later down the line.



posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I agree with you on everything but number one. The price is very reasonable for what's in it and what it can do. Considering the fact that, yes it is a gaming console, but that's not all it is. It's already got a blu-ray player built in (and it's games run on the high def blu-ray drive, unlike the 360 who's HD-DVD drive only plays movies and not games. Also if you do buy the HD-dvd add on for the 360 it comes out to about the same price as a PS3. Also, if you have a PC, you know that a good graphics card is going to be around $300 (if you buy a knock off version) or $500-$600 + if you go with the Nvidia or ATI brands, and that's just for the graphics card.


This is true, good point.


The shortages are definitely hurting sony, both in profit and popularity.

The fact that there are two systems is pretty dumb. They should have just made the higher end model and made it a little bit cheaper.


Yup, thats what i said


The PS3 wasn't released last, the Wii was. But the timing of the launch doesn't help them too much at all.


Right, i just remembered that.


I've played all three systems, and for me the PS3 is the best. That's only because I'm really into high-def (a high def T.V. was my graduation/birthday present), and it has the cell processor with it's seven mini processors, it is very smooth. I plan on getting one no sooner than march of next year (US) and possibly a 360 later down the line.


Yeah, hopefully i'll have one by that time too, gotta start saving my money though.


I found this article a while ago, i don't know guys, things are looking pretty grim for sony.
Console Wars



posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I have never owned playstation, xbox, etc. Im looking at getting a playstation.
The blue ray player is cool to me. Cheaper than other blue ray players and it can play games...of course thats about $60 a pop it seems.

The price is justified in the HD player.
HDDVD just needs to die out, I understand, having been involved in multimedia/tv work, why HDDVD is around...but Blue ray is taking a step in a good direction. Just no one really wants someone else to be the leader of the new frontier, as there would be a lot at stake, especially if your microsoft trying to own the world. Not many details in here, but enough...

The Wii is fine for those who have kids and dont have the money to pony up for the better graphics of the Playstation. Guess they could go x-box...but being a mac user, by nature anything microsoftish really screams bad design... Perhaps Sony, Apple and Adobe need to merge.
then it will be Micros X-box vs. Apples Playstation. :-)

Peace

Dalen



posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
I have never owned playstation, xbox, etc. Im looking at getting a playstation.
The blue ray player is cool to me. Cheaper than other blue ray players and it can play games...of course thats about $60 a pop it seems.

The price is justified in the HD player.
HDDVD just needs to die out, I understand, having been involved in multimedia/tv work, why HDDVD is around...but Blue ray is taking a step in a good direction. Just no one really wants someone else to be the leader of the new frontier, as there would be a lot at stake, especially if your microsoft trying to own the world. Not many details in here, but enough...

The Wii is fine for those who have kids and dont have the money to pony up for the better graphics of the Playstation. Guess they could go x-box...but being a mac user, by nature anything microsoftish really screams bad design... Perhaps Sony, Apple and Adobe need to merge.
then it will be Micros X-box vs. Apples Playstation. :-)

Peace

Dalen


Yeah, the blue ray feature is really cool and cheap for the price, i especially want one now since we got a new 65 inch hd tv.

I agree about damn microsoft, those guys don't want anybody else to have a piece of the pie, first they monopolize the computer industry, and now they're trying the mp3 and videogame industry, damn you microsoft!!



posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
yes sony is mucking up kinda.

www.1up.com...


At the moment the Sixaxis is apparently vulnerable to random demonic possession. It probably has something to do with all that psychic egg flinging. From time to time it just wigs out and drives your car into a wall, or makes your soldier wander round in circles. Depending on whether it's a software or hardware problem this could be a quick fix or a full on recall situation.


im sure in a year they will be on their feet like msn is right now with the xbox.



posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Lets see. Sony's already lost a billion dollars in there PC muck up issues with copyright protection.

Nobody really is taking them seriously, stocks dropped, the system just sucks, nobody even wants it, they just want to sell it. It has no vibration controls, the majority of its launch games are xbox 360 games.

yeah they mucked up, but they did with the ps2 and the sheep still followed en masse



posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
i heard they dont have that protection crap.

only reason i wouldnt buy a ps3 is if it had copy protection IE. I couldnt play my game on a friends mahcine
then i'd be like

IST KRIEG JAH!!!!!!!!

cant i turn the stupid crap off on the remote? i really do not want to have to lean and look all retarded when i am playing i game, just let me mash some damn buttons and fiddle my analog schtick!!!!!!!



posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
yes sony is mucking up kinda.

www.1up.com...


At the moment the Sixaxis is apparently vulnerable to random demonic possession. It probably has something to do with all that psychic egg flinging. From time to time it just wigs out and drives your car into a wall, or makes your soldier wander round in circles. Depending on whether it's a software or hardware problem this could be a quick fix or a full on recall situation.


im sure in a year they will be on their feet like msn is right now with the xbox.


I'm glad i didn't buy one of the first systems, the first one's are always the crappiest.



posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Lets see. Sony's already lost a billion dollars in there PC muck up issues with copyright protection.

Nobody really is taking them seriously, stocks dropped, the system just sucks, nobody even wants it, they just want to sell it. It has no vibration controls, the majority of its launch games are xbox 360 games.

yeah they mucked up, but they did with the ps2 and the sheep still followed en masse


Wolfofpeace, we're not dealing with a fanboy are we?



posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic


cant i turn the stupid crap off on the remote? i really do not want to have to lean and look all retarded when i am playing i game, just let me mash some damn buttons and fiddle my analog schtick!!!!!!!








lysergic , considering you are an oldschool , elite gamer like myself, u CANT diss the wii mote. you and I live for such evolution in gaming and that is exactly what the wii mote is. the sixaxis is proof the wii mote is moving in the next direction and its proof that controlling video games are rapidly evolving.


Originally posted by thehumbleone

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Lets see. Sony's already lost a billion dollars in there PC muck up issues with copyright protection.

Nobody really is taking them seriously, stocks dropped, the system just sucks, nobody even wants it, they just want to sell it. It has no vibration controls, the majority of its launch games are xbox 360 games.

yeah they mucked up, but they did with the ps2 and the sheep still followed en masse


Wolfofpeace, we're not dealing with a fanboy are we?


wolfofpeace is correct though. sony is hurting right now. look at their stocks and compare them to nintendos. sony might just be in panic mode right now.

Kutaragi removed from job in Sony PlayStation management shakeup


i only have one question. what happened to murcielago?

peace



posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Wolfofpeace, we're not dealing with a fanboy are we?



I'm not a fanboy, I'm just anti-sony, I like every other system, but due to some personal experiences with sony products, talks with theyre customer relations representatives, and just seeing theyre overall heir of supperiority, I've grown to dislike them immensely.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join