Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Global warming not for all?

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
After watching Horizons program on global warming I am now more concerned about the big freeze in northern europe. It just proves how everything in Nature is interconected




posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reap
After watching Horizons program on global warming I am now more concerned about the big freeze in northern europe. It just proves how everything in Nature is interconected

Oh #


Seriously, I haven't noticed any differences in the weather except that the summer keeps on getting warmer .



posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reap
After watching Horizons program on global warming I am now more concerned about the big freeze in northern europe. It just proves how everything in Nature is interconected


Coulld you elaborate a little bit please? About 'the big freeze in Northern Europe' that is.



posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The main thread of the program was the slowing or more likely stopping of the Gulf stream which keeps great Britain and parts of europe from freezing in the winter.
The reason the gulf stream is stopping is due to more fresh watrer entering the seas south of Greenland this Is caused by Global warming ( ice melt a 1/3 rd more water from the major Russian rivers than 10 yrs ago )
This causes the water to be more dence so causing the gulf stream to peter out as this current drives the deep sea currents this will cause far more servere winters .
If it happens within 100 yrs due to the increace of warming then the terrible winter of 1962/3 would happen every 7 yrs but if the current failed within the next 20yrs then the 62/3 winter would happen every other year



posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I've been worrying about this for years since it was speculated on in new scientist.

It would make England cold. I hate cold.



posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
I've been worrying about this for years since it was speculated on in new scientist.

It would make England cold. I hate cold.



u wont hate cold once england isnt WET anymore Zzub!!

in addition to that, you'd get snow for the most part of the year no? the arctic would disappear, causing a bald spot on the globe... with a ring of cold area all around on the level of bulgaria following the equator at parallel...
"so guess what, we're in the same boat...only, since it goes down to -21 here, im sure the ukraine will be claimed one of thise uninhabitable areas...AGAIN(first time by radiation..they wuz wrong, this time it's the warming
"
the quotations express my english deteriorating due to people not using the language to it's full extent anymore...too american

i think >>>some people



posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Zzub
If the programs anything to go by there saying
Dover and the soutern ports iced in, ice breakers required to get shipping into the English channel
Blizzards and drifting snow tens of feet thick
Cold very cold



posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
*shudders*

I may have to move. That would be awful. I've lived in the US where you get 6 feet of snow sometimes, it's awful.

*shudders again*



posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
*shudders*

I may have to move. That would be awful. I've lived in the US where you get 6 feet of snow sometimes, it's awful.

*shudders again*

do i need to emphasize on how cold it'll get once global warming is in full scale, if the min. temp in britain will be smthng like -21, i'd trade places anyday!!

(hints lead to expect temps. in the ukraine of -40 and less...

that would mean room temperatures would be smthng like -10 since the central heating company in this part of the ukraine wasnt built according to the fully invested budget.

[Edited on 19-11-2003 by Cyrus]



posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Cyrus
I feel for you my central heating starts to complain if its -5 outside with no wind chill factor
Wrap up well



posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reap
The main thread of the program was the slowing or more likely stopping of the Gulf stream which keeps great Britain and parts of europe from freezing in the winter.
The reason the gulf stream is stopping is due to more fresh watrer entering the seas south of Greenland this Is caused by Global warming ( ice melt a 1/3 rd more water from the major Russian rivers than 10 yrs ago )
This causes the water to be more dence so causing the gulf stream to peter out as this current drives the deep sea currents this will cause far more servere winters .
If it happens within 100 yrs due to the increace of warming then the terrible winter of 1962/3 would happen every 7 yrs but if the current failed within the next 20yrs then the 62/3 winter would happen every other year


Ah, alright. I've read about a lot of this stuff previously.
It is quite a worrisome topic, because, as you said, everything in nature is connected. That's why I doubt it would affect only Europe. I'm sure it would also have repurcussions world wide.



posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
THe one point the program didn't cover was what happens to the start point of the gulf stream as the deep sea currents slow or stop will this make the condition worse or will the current take another path away from its present course





new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join