It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flash Mind Reader -- try it out!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Can someone try this out and let me know how it works? It's gives the correct answer everytime! It's amazing!
Here's the link to it:
Flash Mind Reader

Here's the URL of The Flash Mind Reader in case nothing else works
For anyone who's getting a blank page when clicking on the above link (which is what I've been getting too) -- just right click on the link above and then click on 'save target' -- then when that box comes up, click on 'save' and then click on 'open'. Didn't have such problems like this about some pages not opening in IE until I downloaded its newest version. Doe's anybody else have this IE problem now?
Here's the URL of The Flash Mind Reader in case nothing else works:
trunks.secondfoundation.org...

[edit on 28-11-2006 by Palasheea]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The link doesn't work for me... I'll try a few different routes, but it sounds interesting enough to look into...

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Working Link

It's based off of always generating a multiple of 9.

The specific instructions will always generate a multiple of 9

42=4+2=6 42-6=36 36=9X4

29= 2+9=11 29-11=18 18= 9X2

See.

The symbols at all multiples of 9, that is 18, 27, 36, 45, etc. are the same. Everytime you click the crystal ball, the symbols shuffle, and a new symbol appears at the multiples of nine.

So it appears to have 'read your mind,' but is in fact a function of the specific properties of the mathematical operation.

Make Sense?

[edit on 28-11-2006 by kallikak]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kallikak
Working Link

It's based off of always generating a multiple of 9.

The specific instructions will always generate a multiple of 9

42=4+2=6 42-6=36 36=9X4

29= 2+9=11 29-11=18 18= 9X2

See.

The symbols at all multiples of 9, that is 18, 27, 36, 45, etc. are the same. Everytime you click the crystal ball, the symbols shuffle, and a new symbol appears at the multiples of nine.

So it appears to have 'read your mind,' but is in fact a function of the specific properties of the mathematical operation.

Make Sense?

[edit on 28-11-2006 by kallikak]

Lol.... well, I will have to re-read what you just wrote here but for now I'll just take your word for it because it sure sounds like you know what you're talking about!
I'm just amazed people can create things like this -- awesome!

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Hmmmm I still don't get how it can guess correctly on the symbol that matched up directly to the final number. I'm still perplexed but I'm probably having to work around some kind of mental block I'm experiencing on this at this moment.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I see it now... when you are looking at the symbols look at the numbers divisible by 9 and you'll see that 9, 18, 27, 36 and so on are all the same symbol =) Great trick tho, I'm gonna spread this around the office =)

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Hmmmm I still don't get how it can guess correctly on the symbol that matched up directly to the final number. I'm still perplexed but I'm probably having to work around some kind of mental block I'm experiencing on this at this moment.

The final number is pre-determined; that is the answer, no matter which two digit number is chosen will always be a multiple of 9. So by simply associating the same symbol with multiples of 9, it 'guesses' the correct answer everytime.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
For those that aren't too good at math, here's the Cliff Notes version.
Stare at the number "9". That's the symbol that will always appear. Then click "Try again" Note the symbol next to the "9" has changed. That's the symbol that will now appear when you click the ball. Do it again, presto, it's the symbol next to nine! Always.

Now granted, your result if you play by the rules won't always be nine, but it will always adhere to a multiple of nine. So check out 9x(any number between 1 and 9), then check its corresponding symbol on the chart. It will be the same as 9.

The reason 90 and 99 don't show up with the same symbol is because, if you play by the rules, you can never get 90 or 99 as your number. In fact, the only numbers you can get, playing by the rules, are multiples of 9. So it's a rather easy game to fix.

Another interesting property of the numbr 9 is that 9 times any number can have the digits added up till they eventually reach 9.

For instance

9x2 = 18 (1+8=9)
9x7 = 63 (6+3=9)
9x15 = 135 ( 1+3+5=9)
9x724 = 6516 (6+5+1+6=18...then...1+8=9)

Enjoy...

[edit on 11/28/2006 by thelibra]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for explaining how this one works! The information everyone's provided here has been really helpful.
It's interesting that I was getting the correct symbol coming up without even doing that math equation and instead was just staring at whichever number and symbol that was next to it where I would then click on that ball and that same symbol would be popping up in it! -- Lol, I guess I just had a lucky run... (nevertheless it threw me off a bit because this is not the way it's supposed to work!) but then it stopped coming up with the correct symbol when I was doing it that way so I went back and did those equations again and once again it was coming up with the correct symbol ... lol, of course!
It's so funny how those symbols moved around on that board after restarting it to do another run! That's hilarious!

top topics

join