It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We can handle the truth!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Brilliant little article here really makes you think about what is going on behind closed doors and although we don't want to know EVERYTHING the military holds secret we at least need to know if we have been contacted. The author says:

"If the citizenship of America can handle issues as delicate and controversial as war on foreign soil, and the loss of our young men and women, we can handle the truth about UFOs".

I think that little quote is brilliant and there are some more:

"The results of the airing of the 1939 radio hoax by Orson Welles, "War of the Worlds," cannot be forgotten. It must be remembered, however, that the cause of the panic that night was the fact that what was announced came without any warning or foreknowledge. The citizens of all countries deserve some knowledge of what is happening in this area of investigation".

I hope that in my lifetime I find out if we have been contacted before but until then what on earth can we do to ply pressure to reveal the truth???

The full article is here:

www.americanchronicle.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Panic would be merely a short-term symptom of a greater socio/psychological shift. I suspect the core issue regarding UFO truth involves our very comprehension of reality. If you knew we were lab rats in an elaborate virtual reality experiment, would you bother pumping gas or stocking supermarket shelves? Sooner or later the truth will come out regardless.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
As the gravitational field of earth is weakening more people become consious of paranormal things and start searching for the truth. We must handle/know the truth, it is important to our species and spiritual being. People are being manipulated to think there will be a major panic in the world if aliens would turn out to be real and are here right now, i do not believe in this fact at all. Would you panic? Then i guess no one else would

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Assumtion and talk doesn't cut it.

IMO the average person would be peeing in their pants. Life as we know it would cease to exist and the widespread fear and panick would trigger a chain reaction. No amount of forewarning would stave off the cataclismic events that would follow. Most of which would be self inflicted.

I can speculate but in all fairness it probably would be far less dramatic than the real events unfolding.

Even people that claim 100% belief now would be reacting in utter disbelief.

I've never said the government would be wrong for withholding because I just don't know that it is wrong.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Jbondo,

I don't think the human race would cease to exist, it may be an excuse for some people to go off the rails but it would be better for the Government or military to at least trickle it out. Imagine if they didn't tell us then we came face to face with alien life in the future for the powers that be to say "Oh actually everybody don't panic!!, we have known about these guys for about 60 years now!!, nothing to see!". I know that I would be fuming if that's what would happen, the Government have "^*%ing lied to us from the beginning and we demand answers.

[edit on 28/11/06 by October]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Hey October. Not sure how I stand on this, your latest stuff?. What I would like you to consider is just the possibility that you post some of those absolute genius thoughts on other threads, which You feel you can add a thought or two October.

In my mind, your ahead of the EBE/UFO reality game stuff here at ATS. Need you to contribute more thoughts as well as within your threads.

Dallas

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by October
...I know that I would be fuming if that's what would happen, the Government have "^*%ing lied to us from the beginning and we demand answers.

Politians basically earn their living by lying, everybody knows it, some may not want to face it though, and that never raised more than the odd skirmish like in Hungary earlier this year...

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I don't think the human race would cease to exist

I'm not saying that the human race would cease to exist. I said "life as we know it".

I can understand outrage but you have to consider the repercussions of this exposure. What if these alleged visitors are not nice? What if Dulce is actually there and the firefight did actually happen? What if the Government knew that they had no chance against these aliens?

Wouldn't it be in the best interest not to tell people about this? If people were told these things were actually true do you think the world would remain calm and go on with their lives?

I think it's much better if the people exposed the possibility of these visitors on their own. IMO being part of the process lessens the impact.

If you got what you wanted I see nothing but chaos as a result.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
Panic would be merely a short-term symptom of a greater socio/psychological shift. I suspect the core issue regarding UFO truth involves our very comprehension of reality. If you knew we were lab rats in an elaborate virtual reality experiment, would you bother pumping gas or stocking supermarket shelves? Sooner or later the truth will come out regardless.

They would start pumping gas as soon as they got tired of walking and they would start stocking the shelves as soon as they got tired of being hungry. Life, no matter how much it changes, goes on.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR
They would start pumping gas as soon as they got tired of walking and they would start stocking the shelves as soon as they got tired of being hungry. Life, no matter how much it changes, goes on.

That's what I'm talking about. If you can just matter of factly say that then you really have no perception of the reality involved. You're seeing reality as it exists right now. Most Americans don't think about aliens at all!

What is more likely is that when people got hungry they would loot and rob. Nobody would trust anyone else let alone go back to stocking shelves.

No offense intended.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Government lies aside...and let's face it if any government on this planet came out and said to their citizens that they have been in contact with alien species for a long time; I think the fact the government lied would be the least shocking part of that statement.

Now, I myself think it's highly possible that world governments (more specifically key individuals within these governments) are very aware of the existence of extraterrestrial life. How much they know and how much contact if any they've had...well I go back and forth on that one depending on the day.

Anyhoo, having said that I personally believe that disclosure or I guess really the acceptance of disclosure is more generational than anything else.

I think my parents might faint or just freak out if CNN started reporting disclosure of extraterretrial life.

As for me, I'm heading into my late thirties and I'd be thrilled if disclosure came to be.

And I think the younger the person the more accepting they'd be to the concept of extraterrestrials.

I think one of the problems we have today in society (at least in the states) is a sense of apathy among the citizenry especially generation x and younger.

Not saying all people, please don't get offended and I'm not saying they're lazy, but I do think that like me(though I'm older) that theres a general sense of being bored with reality as a whole.

And I think thats because basically our imagination has surpassed our reality.

If you look at the visual effects of say the original star trek and even say early next generation then compare them to what we can do know with effects.

Lord of the Rings, SG-1, Heroes even back to ID4, for the most part these special effects are seemless and life like.

Couple this with video game story telling, graphics and now even becoming interactive with the Wii and I think in the next five years will become even more realistic that the brain (at least IMO) has a hard time dealing with the mundane day to day of the real world.

If it didn't I highly doubt World of Warcraft and EVE back in the heydey would be as popular as they are/were...eve still does big business don't get me wrong, just saying.

The brain, again especially in younger generations is almost being programmed to digest and relate to a more diverse reality a bigger and more exciting reality.

And quite frankly I think they and a lot of others can handle disclosure.

My little cousins have to be threatend with bodily harm before they'll disconnect from their 360 and I think if they were outside playing looked up in the sky and saw a massive space craft hovering over them, it wouldn't shock them all that much...and probably would just start comparing it to what they've seen in film, tv and games.

I mean seriously if I pulled out my old atari game and showed them the first D&D game where the hero is a square and the sword is an arrow key, they'd laugh themselves sick.

I really do believe that in general the older the person the more problem they'd have accepting it...there are always exceptions to the rule and it has more to do with brain chemistry than anything else.

This is all just my opinion and is not substantiated by any research whatsoever.

We can handle it...unless the news is aliens are real, they're here, they've got some big honkin death rays and they don't like us in the least...that may cause a panic.

Spiderj

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo

Originally posted by RWPBR

That's what I'm talking about. If you can just matter of factly say that then you really have no perception of the reality involved. You're seeing reality as it exists right now. Most Americans don't think about aliens at all!

What is more likely is that when people got hungry they would loot and rob. Nobody would trust anyone else let alone go back to stocking shelves.

No offense intended.

No offense taken !

9/11 is a good example. For about a week Americans were is shock and not much else was talked about. I remember that not much work got done for the rest of that week. Slowly we got back into our " Normal" routines although life had changed for us.

Now granted ET's landing on the White House lawn would be a bigger shock than 9/11 and we would take a bit longer to adjust but we would. I dont imagine any panic or rioting would be any worse than what we saw during the race riots of 1968 or Katrina. I believe the Catholic Church even has a fallback position in case of aliens.

[edit on 28-11-2006 by RWPBR]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj

And I think the younger the person the more accepting they'd be to the concept of extraterrestrials.

I think one of the problems we have today in society (at least in the states) is a sense of apathy among the citizenry especially generation x and younger.

Not saying all people, please don't get offended and I'm not saying they're lazy, but I do think that like me(though I'm older) that theres a general sense of being bored with reality as a whole.

And I think thats because basically our imagination has surpassed our reality.

If you look at the visual effects of say the original star trek and even say early next generation then compare them to what we can do know with effects.

Lord of the Rings, SG-1, Heroes even back to ID4, for the most part these special effects are seemless and life like.

Couple this with video game story telling, graphics and now even becoming interactive with the Wii and I think in the next five years will become even more realistic that the brain (at least IMO) has a hard time dealing with the mundane day to day of the real world.

The brain, again especially in younger generations is almost being programmed to digest and relate to a more diverse reality a bigger and more exciting reality.

And quite frankly I think they and a lot of others can handle disclosure.

I really do believe that in general the older the person the more problem they'd have accepting it...there are always exceptions to the rule and it has more to do with brain chemistry than anything else.

spiderj,

Very well said my friend! I could not agree more and it's a trippy thing to say the least!
Peace..I enjoyed your post a great deal!!!
Mondo

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Thanks mondo,

Yeah I tend not to post my more wild musings but this seemed an appropriate place.

SPiderj

Edit to add: I've also been dieing to use that "our imagination has surpassed our reality" line as I think it makes me sound oh so clever

[edit on 11/28/2006 by Spiderj]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Brilliant little article here really makes you think about what is going on behind closed doors and although we don't want to know EVERYTHING the military holds secret we at least need to know if we have been contacted.

And if it is our future, and our allies and alliances of the future that has altered our past, and our present, and the proof of this exists only in an overwhelming amount of coincidences?

The author says:

"If the citizenship of America can handle issues as delicate and controversial as war on foreign soil, and the loss of our young men and women, we can handle the truth about UFOs".

Then pick a truth you can handle. Which truth can you handle?

Pop Quiz:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The citizens of all countries deserve some knowledge of what is happening in this area of investigation".

i agree. but, what truth can they handle?

I hope that in my lifetime I find out if we have been contacted before but until then what on earth can we do to ply pressure to reveal the truth???

to answer this question of: "what on earth can we do to apply pressure to reveal the truth?" you must be first prepared to handle the truth:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-11-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
One day or the next, it doesnt matter. If we are not alone in this helluva big universe then they better spill the beans as soon as possible. You can wait and wait and be afraid of the human reaction for eternity.

In this here modern society, where accomplishments are made that were thought of as impossible in the past, where the idea of an intergalactic society reaches the minds of millions, growing in numbers, why shouldnt we be able to live with the logical truth?

Is it religion? Is it Hollywood? What is the reason some are afraid of contact with another intelligent species?

Sometimes i just dont seem to have a understanding for things people fear, which i deem to be perfectly normal. I dont think hiding the truth from the public will do the paranoia any good. On the contrary, many are fearful of the unknown!!! Its a big mistake, if you dont reveal it, you keep the public on edge.

Spill the beans, i say.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Dallas,

Just wanted to say thanks for your comment further up the thread. What I tend to do is when i get to work I check the news and try to get it on here for others to see then i add my little comment at the bottom to see what other people think. Maybe i'm neglecting my own thoughts in the rush of posting it on ATS, and i guess your saying that i need to contribute more to other peoples threads rather than posting my own? i'm not so sure on that point you raised but i will endeavour to contribute more if that's what you feel.

What's the "EBE/UFO reality game? i wasn't sure what you meant by that, if you could let me know i'll take it on board. Lastly, are you a moderator here on ATS telling me what you need to see more input from me in the the way I use the Aliens and UFO Forum? I would willingly take on criticism in that respect from a moderator if it is in some way against the rules and i hate to think that i am doing something to offend other people. I appreciate your points but it's all in the way you portray them in your post, it's sometimes best to put some thought into what you are typing before you type it because people see it as if you are talking to them directly. Incidentally, if you are saying that i don't contribute to other peoples posts it might be worth noting that you didn't actually contribute anything related to my thread topic.

My own thoughts on the topic?, Spiderj I found your post really interesting because I didn't take into account the age differences of people who would react to an invasion. Like you say the younger generation would adjust to it pretty easily but others generations might react in a completely different way. I am not by any means agreeing with everything the article states but i do feel we need to know in some degree.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
If you 'read between the lines', the US Gov't is and has been telling us the truth all along.... for over 36 years!
its just that some in the population ( the "We" inclusion, used by the author) look at the Gov't as witholding a knowledge of Aliens from outer-space flying in our skies, at the very least.

back in 1969?, the AirForce Project Bluebook was officially closed......
because, after 2 decades of the UFO phenomena reporting/investigation have not shown UFOs to be a danger to the USA (or earth for that matter)

then, the Gov't finally wised up & stopped funding the money-pit that was 'listening' for Alien radio signals from space.
..allowing the public sector to fund the SETI program from contributions & donations instead...a good move, but late!

There might have been meetings that touched on the UFO wave starting in the late 1940s...the Grudge project & Project Bluebook proves that, but as far as having a comprehensive conference or International Summit about flying saucers,
no-way....ufos are at the very most just a B List item, to the powers-in-charge.

all in all, its like another poster (jbondo) wrote;

...Most Americans don't think about aliens at all !

now there is a fairly decent 'blogspot' - for them that want news & chatter,
& even original news clippings (you'll need to increase the photocopies about 200%) from the '40s and '50s about green fireballs, orange cigar shapes, etc etc

frankwarren.blogspot.com...
[a 1952 news clip, blowup, 'Scientists Sure Saucers Exist'..]

said R.L. Farnsworth, president of the United States Rocket Society, a respectable organization devoted to the study of rocket travel.
'There is a possibility', he said, 'that they are interplanetary spaceships.'
He added that he had no way of knowing with certainty what the objects were.
'Interplanetary space travel is definitely possible.' he said.
'We know there is vegetation on the planet of Mars, and this could be an indication that there is life on that planet'

the rocket society presidents' mouth got away from his brain, with that Mars vegetation slip of the tongue.....his passion shows doesn't it?

[edit on 28-11-2006 by St Udio]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
the truth is all around you.

We can handle the truth!!

No. evidently not, or you would know it.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Disclosure is a real problem for the governments of the world. Consider this;

Once disclosure is made the stories of abductions become valid. The governments have few options on the issue. They can say that yes, they knew about the abductions and allowed them, or they can say they knew about the abductions and were powerless to stop them.

Either option is terrifying.

Disclosure is a poison pill for the government and they aren’t going to take it unless their hand is forced.

Would you admit you have been in collusion with a different race against your own species?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join