It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: Gemwolf Goes Gossip # 5

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   

PODcast: Gemwolf Goes Gossip # 5
Ranting, Gossiping, Singing and other f-ing fun stuff.

length: 23:52
file: btstpod_2041.mp3
size: 9792k
feed: btst

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Just want to add Forest Gump to the credits... The other one I was looking for is Invader Zim (and not Invader Lys the ATS member
)

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Gem, you nut! Picking on our newest members who are still trying to learn the ropes. Shame on you!
Okay, who am I kidding? Several valid points made. It's part of the learning process.

Once again, your singing has left me speechless. I'm sure JustGeneric will be absolutely thrilled that you honored her request! I personally think that DCFusion is a Nine Inch Nails kinda guy. But hey, I could be wrong.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Hi Gemwolf,

I enjoyed your podcast and this one has the classic Gemwolf touch to it!

One of the members you mentioned was on the "Time Traveler" thread. And I have to
agree that the 'thread-starters' comments/post was quite lame with no substance to
back up his/her claims of there not being time travel.

I think a lot of so-called "newbies" get into a frenzy as to wanting to post without really
thinking about adding any evidence/articles/posts/comments to back-up their feelings/thoughts.
Probably the most astounding thing is that many don't take into account the higher than
normal intelligence level of the majority of the members here at ATS. But they are usually
knocked down quite quickly and generally it makes them think before they add another post.

Your podcasts always make me smile.

Johnny

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
I personally think that DCFusion is a Nine Inch Nails kinda guy. But hey, I could be wrong.

I'm just waiting for DCFusion to step over the line. I'm going to get him, just you wait. Not sure what I'll hit him with... You think Nine Inch Nails? LoL! I wonder what he'll have to say about that...

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
I think a lot of so-called "newbies" get into a frenzy as to wanting to post without really thinking about adding any evidence/articles/posts/comments to back-up their feelings/thoughts.
Probably the most astounding thing is that many don't take into account the higher than normal intelligence level of the majority of the members here at ATS. But they are usually knocked down quite quickly and generally it makes them think before they add another post.

A very good point. It's actually quite difficult to step up to ATS standards when you're a newbie - especially if you're not the sharpest pencil to begin with...

I wonder how many newbies don't return after being knocked down by the evil ATSers with their first thread? Maybe they should set a standard on ATS as well, like on other forums. That new members can only post in certain forums, until they reached a certain post count?

Well, they do serve a purpose. Their threads are worth a smile!

(I wonder if I was just as disorientated when I was a newbie... Well, sometimes I am still a bit... You know...)

Thanks for your time guys (and girls). Hope it was worth it!

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Gem! I'm shocked! Such foul language!

Great PODCast as usual. And, ahem, I'll deal with you and maria as soon as I post an 'on topic' comment...

I have to agree, as much as I would like not to. I was new at one time, as were we all. However, the big difference I am seeing between the new members of today and the new members from when I first registered is the quality of the threads/posts.

I don't care if your new to the boards. In fact, the more the merrier! However, I would like to see two things (and this pretty much goes for everyone):

1. If you are going to start a thread, please provide relevent information. Even if you are going to say 'I saw a light. I think it was a UFO', at least give some reasons why you think it was a UFO. Anyway, I think you get my point.

2. Please, please read the original posters opening post and any related links. Nothing breaks down the quality of a good thread than not reading the original post and then posting a comment that is not related at all to the topic of the thread.

OK, now back to you two... (*taps foot with arms crossed*)

Me, go over the line. Hah! Never! My blog is updated regularly, I release a PODCast at least every week or two, and I am active on the board with a post or two each day. So there! Although, it would be kind of neat to have a Gemwolf original with my name in it!
Maybe I should slack off on my blog? Nah.... couldn't do it - Sorry.

And for maria... yes, I actually do like NIN. Not my favorite, but deffinately a style of music I like. How'd ya know?

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Great podcast Gemwolf. Yes, we were all newbies at one point. If I could I would remove some of my original attempts at engaging ATS

I look forward to your next show.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
@DCFusion
Exactly! If they (newbies - and even older members) can stick to these very simple guidelines you point out, I wouldn't have to do a PODCast about them...

And you'll step over the line eventually... Big Brother (aka me) is watching your every move...

@Mr Wupy
LoL! Yeah... I'm just as guilty. Actually when I was still a newbie, I took on Skeptic Overlord - not knowing who and what he was. I was furious about this "fellow member's" arrogance and the way he spoke to me...
Probably why I'm on his "black list"...

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This is the second of your podcasts that I've listened to and I will make a point of looking up some of your previous ones tonight. Very fun to listen to.

I give you credit for attempting an Abba cover, but don't give up your day job.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuan de Fuca
I give you credit for attempting an Abba cover, but don't give up your day job.

Ouch... Now you're just plain mean...

Glad you enjoyed it... And you know, if you're listening to PODCasts it should be motivation to do a PODCast of your own, because, let's face it, you can do a better job, not?

new topics

top topics

join