It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Christmas time, be random, and give to someone in need this year.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I have found that there’s lots of stuff you can do when you are home sick for several days. You can sleep, count the tile on the ceiling, yell at the dog for sticking it’s cold wet nose in your face while you’re sleeping on the couch, watch too much TV, spend too much time on the Internet, and sleep a whole lot more. Dodge phone calls from concerned neighbors and friends, watch it snow, Christmas shop online, attempt to do the dishes, swap some laundry, blow your nose & cough a lot. Try to smoke a cigarette…nope I shouldn’t have tried that yet…cough, cough…choke! I think I’ve taken over 30 airborne tablets by now, drank a whole bottle of Nyquil, (the green kind too) Taken 3 or 4 hot baths just to stay warm even though the woodstove is pumping out the heat at the temp says it’s over 80 degrees in the house…. yep I’m still cold…. time to take some more pills and knock down the fever. God, I can’t wait to feel better. My neighbor wants to bring me some brandy, but I don’t know? I think I’m already drunk from the Nyquil! Oh my eyes are watering again. Ahh, enough of this…

Anyway, as I was watching Oprah today, (I cried all the way through it) I have never seen such random acts of kindness geared toward complete strangers. That has got me thinking, it’s Christmas time, and please I ask you to be random this year, and spread some kindness to someone in need in the Spirit of Christmas. Whether it be toys, a food bank, a giving tree, a solider in Iraq…anything, just do it, it will mean so much to someone in need. By the way, I’m in need another bottle of Nyquil…could I get the red kind please?
j/k

Merry Christmas, and May you all have a healthy, happy, & blessed holiday this year.
Thanks for listening,
Jennifer

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I don't have much to add other than if you chug another bottle of Nyquil....

thats when things get intresting!

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I won't chug another bottle of nyquil...I won't do it! I'm gonna go donate toys instead....I'm feeling almost 80 % today.....

join