It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Marley; Poisoned by 'The Company', Finished Off by a Nazi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   

And until the ignoble and unhappy regimes
that hold our brothers in Angola,
In Mozambique,
South Africa
Sub-human bondage
Have been toppled,
Utterly destroyed -
Well, everywhere is war -
Me say war.

On May 11, 1981, Robert Nesta Marley died from a brain tumor that was the result of cancer that had wracked his body since 1977.

In July 1977, Marley was found to have malignant melanoma in a football wound on his right hallux (big toe). Marley refused amputation, citing worries that the operation would affect his dancing, as well as the Rastafarian belief that the body must be "whole"

A tragic death that could be written off to plain bad luck, and an abiding belief in his religion.

Or was it?

Former Black Panther, cinematographer (The Panama Deception, 1992), and Director (All Power to the People, 1997) Lee Lew-Lee had a tale to tell that casts a very different light on the Singers illness.

Lew-Lee was close friends with members of the Wailers and was camped out with Marley and his band in the peaks of the Blue Mountains near Kingston.

The band was preparing to perform at the Smile Jamaica Festival.

Marley and the Wailers were in hiding before the concert after a nasty run-in with a death squad at Marley's house.

Bob Marley, one of the world's best-known reggae performers, and three other persons were shot December 3rd when seven gunmen burst onto the grounds of Marley's home in Kingston, Jamaica, where he and his band, the Wailers, were rehearsing. Miraculously, amid a shower of bullets, there were no fatalities.

The encampment in the Blue Mountains was armed and surrounded by machete wielding Rastafari. Understandably, any white face that were to appear in this place would have been quite conspicuous.

And a white face did show up at the compound. He claimed to be a camera-man (but he didn't carry a camera) with the film crew that was there for the concert. His name was Carl Colby and he came bearing a gift for Marley:

In November 1976, the Rasta icon Bob Marley was wounded when his home in Jamaica was attacked by a squad of men wielding automatic weapons. While convalescing in a guarded encampment in the Blue Mountains outside Kingston, Marley was visited by a man claiming to be part of a film crew, and bearing a gift: a pair of boots. The visitor was Carl Colby, the son of former CIA director William Colby...

Lew-Lee tells the story:

"LEE: People came by his house. There were always people going in and out. Someone gave Bob a pair of boots. He put his foot in and said "Ow!" A friend got in there - you know how Jamaicans are. He said,"let's get in here" - in the boot, and he pulled a piece of copper wire out. It was embedded in the boot.

A.C.: Do you believe it was radioactive?

LEE: I didn't think so at the time, but I've always had my suspicions because Marley later broke his toe playing soccer, and when the bone wouldn't mend, the doctors found that the toe had cancer. The cancer metastasized throughout his body..."

Marley's manager, Don Taylor (a man who made questionable decisions with Marley's money) wrote in his book Marley and Me that a "senior CIA agent" had been planted amoung the crew, assassination was the objective.

When Marley was diagnosed with cancer, he returned to Jamaica where he was referred to Dr. Carl "Pee Wee" Fraser. Fraser advised Marley to seek treatment from a Dr. Josef Issels in Bavaria.

Issels has an interesting past.

" He was tortured toward the end of his life, the last 6 months of his life he was in the hands of a Nazi doctor. In fact, Dr. Issells, who was supposedly treating Marley may have saved his life if he was a legitimate doctor, was in fact starving him and shoving long needles through his body, and that kind of has nothing to do with cancer treatment. That's the bahviour of an SS officer, and that's what the doctor was."

Issels worked under the infamous Dr. Josef Mengele at Auschwitz.

Link 1.
Link 2.
Link 3.
Link 4.
Link 5.
Link 6.

[edit on 27/11/2006 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Wait are you telling me that my hero was killed! I knew he die of cancer but not like this! I going too see if this is true!!!! If your right I going to give you a WATS.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I don't know how well you will go at finding iron-clad evidence. As far as I have been able to find out, the medical profession does not believe that you can give someone cancer. But tell that to the many sufferers of asbestos poisoning.

No immediate symptoms, but long-term risk of chest and abdominal cancers and lung diseases. Smokers are at higher risk of developing asbestos-induced lung cancer.
Link

Mesothelioma is a form of cancer affecting the abdominal cavity, chest cavity, and the region surrounding the heart. Due to its uncommon nature, mesothelioma is typically difficult to diagnose and treat. It has been connected with exposure to asbestos, a material formerly present in many work environments. Only about 3,000 individuals are diagnosed annually.

Individuals with a history of extended asbestos exposure are at the highest risk for developing malignant mesothelioma.
Link

If anyone could find a way to do this, it would be the chemical warfare department of the U.S.A.

[edit on 27/11/2006 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
hmmm I see I still trying to find out if this is true from what I read it pointing toward your theory's direction.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
This is interesting:

Ironically enough, one site on the Net devoted to Bob Marley ( www.7mac.com... ), disagrees with Dr. Taubman, and asks: "DID THE CIA CAUSE MARLEY'S DEATH IN 1981 FROM CANCER?" The discussion concludes: "At least 9 years before Bob Marley's death to melanoma cancer, the capability of induced cancer in laboratory animals is reported to have been a fait accompli."

According to Hatch's article, the "stated aim of the program
was to organize experiments aimed at finding cancer-causing
viruses." Hatch described the program as such:
Potentially cancer-causing viruses were collected, grown
in huge amounts, and distributed through the VCP; thousands
of animals were infected experimentally, and the aerosol
distribution of carcinogenic viruses was studied.

"... It was noted in the tests that the application of carcinogens does NOT always produce a malignancy.... It is noted that the methylcholanthrene failed to give a 100% result" (Mary, Ferrie & the Monkey virus, p. 193). The researcher, Haslem reports, "had better results with merasptopterin, aminopterin, anyivin, magnesium tracinate" (p. 194).
Link

Very interesting...

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Yep you have founded a very interesting subject and I still researching and it seem too be true. I give a WATS!

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
WOW!

This seems to hold alot of weight!

I have a great respect for BM and this is quite disturbing, however this maybe a dumb question but I'll go ahead and ask anyhoo, what reason would the C.I.A have for bumping of the Marley?

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
for promoting a few simple ideas:

1) the government doesn't always know best
2) Black people can change the world just as much as whites
and
3) hard work good, and hard work fine, but first take care of head.

fascinating theory you've got here... i too will be reading up on it, i'll post any relevant info i might come across.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This link ought to provide some insight to your question One_Love_One_GOD:

Manley and his party were concerned with establishing a framework for society, which would allow Jamaicans to free themselves from the psychology of dependence, the damaging legacy of colonialism, and slavery. (Floyd, 1979)

In the 1976 election, the PNP campaigned against oppression, imperialism, and capitalism, strong attempts were made to include the urban poor, blue-collar workers, youth, and the unemployed and underemployed in politics.

Philip Agee, former CIA officer (as interviewed in the DVD Marley documentary, "Rebel Music") confirms that the CIA was supplying guns and anti-PNP propaganda to the conservative JLP. (Some Jamaican's began calling Seaga "CIAga.")

In 1976 Marley was approached and agreed to play a concert entitled ‘Smile Jamaica’ which had been organized by the Government of Jamaica, in order to quell much of the violence taking place in the country particularly between rival political bandits who lived in areas controlled by political parties who would exchange food and homes for political allegiance.

Link

For further insight into how the American government felt about Jamaica and other Central American countries at the time, here is a quote from the former head of the US Interests Section in Havana:

"Central America now exercises the same influence on American foreign policy as the full moon does on werewolves." - Wayne Smith

[edit on 3/12/2006 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Happy Birthday Bob for the 6th!

This is a conspiracy subject that is often overlooked.

Thanks OP

peace!

wZn

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I have read this before.

Who knows?

I have had some very close friends who knew Marley back in 1974. I never had the honour.

I mentioned this idea to one of the above mentioned a couple of years ago and he said that it probably was not true.

Yet I still think about it from time to time.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm almost positive i had a dream several years ago of being/seeing bob marley, where in third person watch these gunmen prepare to attack my (bob's) hideout. i even believed i was bob marley after waking up. this is f-d up that he was treated by a suspicious white man towards the end.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by thaknobodi]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
*sits back and waits for the first nutter to find a subliminal message saying 'kill the whites' whilst playing 'no woman no cry' backwards*

new topics

top topics

join