It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heads Up! (significant ATS redesign coming)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Well, I did not see an Automotive forum in there, so I take it the Staff have pretty much decided against it
Was really really hoping for that.

I'm nobody as far as the Staff here is concerned, but I've been around ATS a long time...When I first saw threads mentioning an Automotive Forum being included here, my first thought was, "This is ATS, not Car & Driver magazine!"

Having thought that, I figure...Well, if there's any discussion in ATS about the "Automotive" category, it should at least be discussing conspiracies in the automobile industry or something like that. In which case, the General Conspiracies category should suffice.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

Originally posted by DYepes
Well, I did not see an Automotive forum in there, so I take it the Staff have pretty much decided against it
Was really really hoping for that.

I'm nobody as far as the Staff here is concerned, but I've been around ATS a long time...When I first saw threads mentioning an Automotive Forum being included here, my first thought was, "This is ATS, not Car & Driver magazine!"

Having thought that, I figure...Well, if there's any discussion in ATS about the "Automotive" category, it should at least be discussing conspiracies in the automobile industry or something like that. In which case, the General Conspiracies category should suffice.

I think it would be BTS if anything, and if it is about a conspiracy it could go under general or NWO conpiracy to supress clean technology. ;-)

Peace

dalen

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Well now, I may have to invest some time in to getting a new avatar. If anyone has any good ideas, drop me a note.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
Well now, I may have to invest some time in to getting a new avatar. If anyone has any good ideas, drop me a note.

well since you are a conspiracy master, maybe something about what you are best at, and just mix it all in together.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Wow!! I like the look of the new layout, I have a question though. For the people that have mozilla firefox 2 will the new layout work for us as well because the thing that I have with ATS is that when I tried the new chat didnt work so I couldnt see the other people in it three people in the new chat appeared invisable for me and Umbrax.

Besides my worries and problems it looks awesome. Although I dont see the problems with the current layout I like the new design
!

jra

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
It looks nice and slick. I almost started to worry noticing the lack of a 'space exploration' and 'aircraft' sections, but now I saw them on the latest sneak peak image *sigh of relief*

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The Beast has returned. I prayed it would not come to this.

But of course, this is more of a Big Black SOMETHING- no misunderstandings and bannings please.

[edit on 4-12-2006 by The Vagabond]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
You guys really have lots of fresh new ideas for the look and feel of ATS. Your constantly changing it.

ATS Dark Matter also reminds me of Windows Vista.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I hope you change those page numbers that are always on the top of the threads to something that is not the same color as the background.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
OMG OMG OMG OMG! It's changing! I'm so excited! Bask in the black baby, yeah! It's really making me loathe the remaining gray.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Love the very cool new look!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
The Beast has returned. I prayed it would not come to this.

Thanks vagabond. I needed a good laugh!

I recommend a viewing of that thread for anyone, if only to relieve boredom.

[edit on 12/4/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the color scheme of links, etc. is very difficult on the eyes. White-on-gray or gray-on-gray doesn't have enough contrast.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the color scheme of links, etc. is very difficult on the eyes. White-on-gray or gray-on-gray doesn't have enough contrast.

Patience. I believe it will all come together shortly.

It seems S.O. is putting this up a piece at a time, so to speak.

At least this way he does'nt have to shut down the board to make all of the changes necessary.

2 cents.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The Vagabond is equipped with the very latest in low contrast stealth-post technology and has an impressive battery life of one half of 5 minutes. Weighing in at an extremely portable 250 pounds, it's the perfect stocking stuffer for the swedish bikini model on your list. Hurry while supplies last.

***Disclaimer*** Stealth Posting no longer available

[edit on 4-12-2006 by The Vagabond]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Wow this is all bugged up. First off. The texts that are colored are to vague and cannot use color coding technique to find a proper topic... That goes for the small icons too, there hard to make out...

I don't think I'm going to bother going on ATS while it's all buggy.. I believe it would have been best to suspend all activity for maintenance...

7A

[edit on 4-12-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Okay this is great!

I love the new design, it's perfect and you guys did an excellent job of creating this.

I love how it's being updated as I continue to load pages, it's almost like christmas!

Thank you for this well needed change.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
ewww snazzy, just logged in before dinner to check the news and got my first gander of the new look in action.

Very nice

Spiderj

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Ah Its not PINK !

Well, it may not have a lot of pink, but the color does make for good contrast with the overall darker backgrounds...if taken in small doses...

Looks like I need to change my avatar background away from blue...Sigh! Another 250 points down the drain...

I have noticed a greater number of "connection timeout" warnings, but I'm just chalking that up to the "construction dust" getting sifted onto my monitor screen...But I have to admit that it looks good in full-size normal scale so far.

Originally posted by mikesingh
Outa this world. (I love everything outa this world!!)

I shoulda' guessed that when I looked at your avatar...A skeleton (out of the living world) wearing an astronaut's environment suit (out of the physical boundaries of the planet).

But also notice the name that the Staff has given to the new theme..."Dark Matter": See my comments on that a little later in this post, keeping in mind that Dark Matter itself is literally "out of this world."

Originally posted by Spiderj
Come on Majic, you can't honestly say you're shocked at my juveneile behavior

I wouldn't sweat it if I were you...After all, the world loses its "sense of wonder" if adults can't let the "inner child" out to play occasionally. Even with all the seriousness of most of the discussion matter here at ATS, my own inner child comes out occasionally...Mostly on threads like this.

I've noticed that the name chosen for the overall theme is "Dark Matter"...Could it be that humble-minded me may have had provided even a small, subtle contribution? Even though it's been a rare occurence, I have posted links to PBS' website, named "Steven Hawking's Universe" a few times before this new change in ATS & it does seem that the PBS website does discuss Dark Matter. Could it be that someone in the Staff here has actually browsed over to that website, seen that page & had the term "Dark Matter" burned into subconscious memory?

Then again...Maybe not.

[edit on 5-12-2006 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   
ATS just gets better & better

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join