It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heads Up! (significant ATS redesign coming)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
That is one very sharp no-nonsense look. Like entering a cyber hall-of-records. Takes first-place with me!

Dae

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Thanks for the comments...

Here's a screen-grab of the entire new home page:
images.abovetopsecret.com...

I noticed a missing spot... so I filled it

New Board Suggestion - Cults, Mind Control & Memetics

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
When we bring up a list of recent threads, are the forum in which they pertain to still going to be color coded?

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Very nice. Sleek and shiny, like corofram shoes. Are we allowed to have one sentence responses in these types of threads?

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Under General forums (of the new design on page 3 of this thread), it has questions and answers and freshman forum.

The freshman forum has an icon question mark....which seems it would fit more to the forum in the same category, "questions and answers".
The 101 that is the current icon gives more a feel of a student handbook to ATS then the question mark does...anyway. (something along those lines might clarify it)

Peace

Dalen

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Wow, I love the full screenshot of the page. It just looks so clean and sharp. It's just going to feel so different for a while until we get used to the new looks, but I must say, if looks are any draw to get more users to come on board, this will be the one to do it!

I can't wait for it to be released, do we have a time frame to look forward to?

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Props on the design change ... anytime a facelift is done while adding information and simultaneously keeping old navigation simple is a-ok in my book.

One question ... are we getting rid of the gray (or grey depending on your locale
) colors in posts and replies? I wouldn't mind a freshening up of those areas ...

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well, I did not see an Automotive forum in there, so I take it the Staff have pretty much decided against it
Was really really hoping for that.

All in all it does look great though. this has no effect on existing threads right? Like switching it over wont cause anything to dissapear or get mangled?

Dae

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Well, I did not see an Automotive forum in there, so I take it the Staff have pretty much decided against it

Dont give up hope, it looks like that screen shot was a 'live skin' and therefore only showing the boards we currently have, thats my theory anyway.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes

I don't know if we will will have an automotive forum, but if we did it would be on BTS not ATS.

[edit on 29/11/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It sure looks wonderful...

I wish my page-design skills were so elaborated. *Smiles*

And the mirror-effect is pretty trendy atm..

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Is this a purely cosmetic or is the underlying code going to be changed?

[edit on 30-11-2006 by Burgess]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hmmmm Interesting.....

Can't wait to see this implemented.

Will you keep the grey background on threads???? I will have to alter the images I have on my threads to accommodate any new colour schemes.

good job guys!!!

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
We're looking at several significant code changes, as well as some new pages:
1- recent post listings (like this) for forum groupings
2- a new page of the 20 most-recent full-posts for all forums, or forum groups

Some of the code changes will significantly improve the underlying code-base and deploy a different approach at discussion board code. So we should see a major performance improvement in areas such as the home page, forum thread lists, and recent posts lists. And, performance enhancements in those areas will translate to a site-wide performance boost.

Under our current design efforts, everything, including threads, will receive a black or very-dark gray background.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Whoa! I just got a first-hand view of the new look! In between an edit and a re-post, the fonts and colors changed in the thread! Woke me up!

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I really, really like how each 'grouping' is color coded via the folder (i.e. red folder for conspiracy theory, green for mysterious subjects and so on). Looking good. Can't wait to test drive it!

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It seems like they are changing the site right now

everything is not connecting and the site is looking all different

this is going to be great w0000t!

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragster
It seems like they are changing the site right now

everything is not connecting and the site is looking all different

this is going to be great w0000t!

Really?

I'm not having any connection problems, and nothing
looks different to me.

Could you take a screen shot of the changes that you
are seeing?

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
yea it all is gone now, I can try and revert back to the history, Iam sure i can find it

but I guess there was something going on, but its not there just yet...

ill get back in minute

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
As someone once said (earlier in this thread actually) "Change is Good". Well, I really have to wait and see. After the new chat came out, I now feel tentative about any changes.

The new chat restricts the number of characters allowed in one's user name. I know that this doesn't sound like much of a problem -- unless your user name happened to be 'benevolent tyrant' . I'm sorry, benevolent tyra doesn't cut it with me.

What will the new design incorporate in the grand effort to shatter my fragile identity now?

Oh well, I can only hope that all will go well. Besides, I have to agree with lysergic....the new look definitely is "seksy"

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join