It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popes visit to turkey tommorow

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Tormentor, I think he may be refering to St. Malatchie predictions..

No link, sorry, google it!

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Tormentor, I think he may be refering to St. Malatchie predictions..

No link, sorry, google it!

you mean ST. MALACHY?

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I was gonna start a thread on the possibility of the pope getting assassinated on this trip, but then saw this thread.

Even though i have a funny feeling about this, like it wont go too well in some way, here's some details about the security on the visit.

Fifteen thousand police are on guard, snipers are in place and a decoy motorcade will be used on the trip.

Turkey says the security for the Pontiff will be higher than for US President George W Bush's visit in 2004.

The Pope will be ferried around by armour-plated cars instead of the famous "Popemobile".

If anything happens, il be sure to come back to this thread.

What would be the ramifications if he was, and killed say.

news.bbc.co.uk...

And some more.

Amazing how they can print this image, but God help you if its the other way around.
As the original poster said, even the turk, whos in prison has advised him not to go.

Agca has written to Benedict from his prison cell (he is now serving a further jail term in Turkey for another unrelated crime) advising the pontiff that he would be wise to postpone or cancel his trip.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 28-11-2006 by Denied]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
I feel he cannot overcome the extremist hate that again has been fed to grow.

He quoted a person from 500+ years ago in a speech. He didn't say he agreed with the person, he was quoting him to prove a point he was making. So what was the Islamic reaction? It basically was ... don't you dare call us violent or we will all riot and call for your death. They are proving that the fella from hundreds of years ago was right.

The Pope isn't the one with 'extremist hate'. It's those muslims who didn't bother to find out what the pope was talking about who are full of extremist hate.

Apologies and such cannot help him or the Catholic Church at this point.

He has nothing to apologize for as far as the muslim situation.

[edit on 11/28/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
but since he has to be "infallible," he really couldn't change his plans.

The doctrine of Infallibility has nothing to do with him personally or what he generally does in his office as pope. It has to do with official religious theological beliefs and authority granted by Christ to Peter under Matthew 16:18. Popes all sin. They admit they sin. They go to confession. The doctrine of Infallibility has nothing to do with sins or daily office scheduling.

[edit on 11/28/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Aigh, thank you Flyer.. good to see another Catholic on the boards!

The Pope has nothing to be apologizing about, even if he really does think Islam is barbaric. (even though Islam rightfully proved their own insult correct..) There is over one billion Catholics world wide, 1/6th of the worlds population. We as a whole have nothing to apologize for, and we sure as hell don't stand down to Muslims.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   

(even though Islam rightfully proved their own insult correct..) There is over one billion Catholics world wide, 1/6th of the worlds population.

And there are over a billion Muslims in the world, so how do a few nuts prove anything about Islam? Do I call all Catholics secret pedophiles because so many priests do it? No, because generalizations don't work (I realize the irony in that remark).

We as a whole have nothing to apologize for, and we sure as hell don't stand down to Muslims.

For some reason, I get the impression that you aren't looking for peace between Christians and Muslims...

[edit on 28-11-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Hello to all

Let's hope that the Pope will have a good time in the land of Turks .

I am afraid assasination attempt will be seen as - too good of an opportunity to miss - by some idiots .

Or maybe the Sultanate of Rome , once again ?

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
As I'm sure the muslims are doing when we bomb mosques containing their own holyiest of holys.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I understand he's going in an attempt to make amends for his previous remarks regarding Mohammed as an 'evil war-mongering leader'. That takes some courage.

Odd remark to have reverberate around the world on all the major news stations for a couple of days.

I hope that the trip will help to smooth relations between religious leaders. I suppose there's always a few hot-heads on both sides stirring the pot.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Popes don't resign. I mean, they can.. they just don't.

Alot of people in turkey are again angry because the Pope has said Turkey should not join the EU, as it is a "Christian Club" - popes words.

A war between Catholics and Muslims?

Kill the Pope.. I fear the outcome will be massive. Catholicism is nothing in America, but in old Europe, especially Spain and Italy and also France, the Holy See is worth dieing for. I confirmed my allegiance to the Catholic Church, I would support a full retaliation if the Pope, Monarch of the Holly Church is killed in Turkey, and the next Pope will be hard pressed to bring swift measures against Islam. I think it is time the Church understands that we are not, never have been and will never be friends (with Muslims) and the PC BS will only end in disaster.

Jesus taught unconditional love and forgiveness.

When Christ hanged from the cross He cried out for God to forgive his crucifiers: "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." (Luke 23:34)

It is your duty as a Catholic to live as Christ did.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Im in Dalaman at the moment, is he coming anywhere near there

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Galiega
Im in Dalaman at the moment, is he coming anywhere near there

lucky sod !

Have some Cop Shish at Efes - Selcuk and have a barley juice too .

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
i wouldn't be surprised it it happens. He was hell bent on going, rejected bullet proof vests etc and didn't really apologise for his mis-interpreted comments (quite rightly). Catholics are praying for his safety, and I am too, I'm not a catholic, but if something happens, it will be more fuel to the fire in this long, bloody and drawn out hostility between Islam and the Christian world.

I think the world is due another big event. It just seems to work like this

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega1
Jesus taught unconditional love and forgiveness.
It is your duty as a Catholic to live as Christ did.

He also fashioned himself a really big bull-whip and overturned the tables of the corrupt money-changers who had entered the temple.

Christ wasn't a pushover and he wasn't 'tolerant' of evil. I'm sure He loved those money changers at the same time that He gave 'em a good smack upside the head to straighten them out.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The Pope went to Turkey to see the Orthodox Christian leader who is the leader of ALL Christianity, Catholics included.

And nothing happened.

And inner Turkey is not modern at all; it is exactly like Iraq.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join